Tree of Savior Forum

STR for block penetration

HI guys, how much STR is recommended for pvp, in terms of block penetration? OR should I go full dex?

For PvP the swordie meta is reroll cleric.

If you like punishment, 2:1 dex con is an acceptable estimate.

Swordsman are weak on this game compared to other classes. And that what’s challenging me to play this game, all my characters are SW, to prove that SW’s are not weak. 40 - 75 base STR is okay.

or… Just follow chenryh’s advice, reroll cleric. lmao

1 Like

Thanks for your replay, I’d like to ask too, full con wizard and others block rate is something I need to care? Or just murmillo and lancer?

Not really, If you are worried about wizards. You need to get your MDEF high atleast 800 MDEF you could stock Blue gems on boots. And for PVP you need a lot of CC and gap closer. In my opinion and maybe Meta build for that is SW3 for max lvl pain barrier. Cataphract 3 for CC like skill trot and movement speed to close the gap. Then you could either go for Dragoon 2 or Dragoon 1, Lancer 1. But I don’t really like to ride mounts so I went SW2, Barb2, Corsair 1, Fencer 3. Depends on your playstyle.

you could also read this article:

For more info.

2 Likes

If you’re a cata you can get by with 0 STR cuz of the attribute when you use 2H spear will increase your block penetration by 40%. Then you socket your glove with 2x yellow gems for more block penetration.

http://wiki.tosbase.com/wiki/Gems

I’m poor so I’m only using 2x lv5 yellow gems with 0STR (cuz I went full dex), and I don’t find block penetration to be much of a problem when I use 2H spear with the cata attribute.

1 Like

Tks for your reply, WIth 0 STR what’s your exp in pvp about block and block pvp?, i’m afraid about lancer block with 2 hand spear and murmillo natural block skills

Not aware of any murmillo natural block skills that applies to us. I only know of their magic block.

My exp in PvP regarding block isn’t bad now. If it’s a problem I would just upgrade my gems in my glove.

Maybe some higher ranking PvP guys can come chip in on the issue.

Peltasta have bonus blocking not murmilo, but the only time a peltasta is able to block a cata is holding C thing that he will not be able to do if you have restrain on (My murmilo has 1k natural block). Lancer tough is able to block some hits if you have 0 STR and no block pen bonus gloves.

3 Likes

And how much STR do you recommend in a dragoon c2 for pvp?

You mean if you don’t have cata in your build?

Both, with cata and without

0 str for cata imo. Not sure how much you need without cata.

Cata 0 STR, For non cata you check your equipment you need at minimum 600 block pen desirably 700+ for 0 block from full con clerics. I invested 110 points and have 700 with catacombs blade.

SPR is better for block penetration it also gives status resistance. Im leaning towards SPR = PVP, STR = PVE.

2 Likes

Murmilo helmet already gives 60%+ Debuff resistance also you gain way more Block pen from STR than SPR since swordsmen gain more STR bonus points. If i had invested 110 points for block pen in SPR i would have around 500 block pen with catacombs blade rather than 700 that i have.

my experience with cata3 pvp full dex…

cc is the problem, block isnt much of a worry.

stat wise, anything will do…
be it 1str : 1dex or anything.

coz in pvp, the one with better equipment n team composition wins.

if i have to choose, i’ll go full dex.
hp/def etc can be bought, but theres only limited ways to increase cri rate , n cri rate need constant investment as game content rises…

2 Likes

Dex is important in TBL cuz individually accuracy, evasion, and crit rate are all very important.

But yea, you were the original full dex cata xD

Yes. Problem with STR in PVP is only the block penetration is usuable whereas with SPR you gain block pen + status resistance + magic defense. Swordsman gain 10% of str every rank, SPR magic defense gain 10% increase in magic defense every rank.

160 spr i think is 70-80% status resistance. Extremely good against Cata vs Cata with both have restrain on.

im curious about your SPR cata

do you mind share a tbl video?

1 Like