Tree of Savior Forum

STR for block penetration

I’d like to see it too, i’m confused xD

x2 glass bracelet, block pene item, yellow gem glove

Nop 180 spr gives 60% debuff resistance and thats the limit. And its useless against cata since multihits skills trigger restrain too much, same for serpetine debuff. And like i told before, cata does not need investment in block pen attributes.

I dont record battles, people can do it if they see me in tbl.

Dragoon needs block pen, the passive is not enough. Priest and Thauma are common in TBL. If you can resist restrain means your rush wont be canceled. Cata vs Cata is most of the time Rush vs Rush. The one who lands the 1st stun wins.

Ya cata vs cata, if a cata using rush who knows what he’s doing and stuns me it’s over for me. But I have the choice to keep my distance from a fellow cata if I don’t want to get into a rush vs rush battle since my restrain is less effective than his.

Nice on #3. Right now for my server, I’m the only cata in top 10 2v2 lol. You guys got 3 in top 10.

Then its probably your equipment, like i said before my murmilo have 1k passive block and i don’t block 1 hit from my full dex guildmate, same for my thauma. Investing in con for tbl always gives more rewards.

Im blocking 90% most of time against Dragoons if i use guard using fedimian shield (still rolling practonium for lion shield), what more on a high con Murmillo like yours. Same goes to stone’s skin, full int thauma with transpose + Swell right arm. You always can see those type of people in TBL and they do block most of time if i dont have deployment buff on. If you dont have high enough block pen, you wont be able to touch them in TBL. Block is super good in this meta, because most of the time swordsmen have high dex build.

how is ur pve with 180spr?

/20charizard

Just had a 2v2 match against a cleric and a murmillo now:

You can see for yourself how many hits get blocked. Almost every match came down to a 1v1 between the murm and my catagoon lol.

Wall of text so beware:

My fencer has 50 invested str so I have 301 block pen natural at Lv 320 (almost nothing) and is even lower in the arena (lv 200). So I always had to switch to a block penetration set to get a chance of landing something on full con people.

Venier (+19 spr = +19 BP)
Max Peta = +14 str +14 spr (+30 block pen)
this is basic stuff lol, but the big thing was using this:
Bone gauntlets (2x lv 6 yellow gems, = +130 BP)
https://tos.neet.tv/items/503106
Protas trousers (+10 spr, only good when evasion wasn’t needed in the match)
and the classics 2x glass bracelets (+90 total)
I wish we had block penetration hats, kek

Total block pen ~580 and I’ll tell you, this is far from enough to deal with $$$ full con people but I had moderate success playing fencer at 2x2 and those things helped a lot, Swordsman is far from weak for 2x2, people who say this are just bad. And 5x5 10fps is a cleric shitfest not even worth playing, haha.

But Fencer is limited as ■■■■ in terms of stats flexibility, weapon (no block pen rapier), other classes that can use the catacombs blade or spears (they have a spears/swords/maces for every situation like accuracy, block pen and etc, it’s so unfair, lol) + huge base power skills (murm, dragoon) can do much better even without STR, to the point of SPR being overall better IMO, just make sure to have a good block pen gloves+ proper weapon for the situation. There’s no point in hitting a full con cleric/wizard with a accuracy gloves like some people do.

If you’re a Cata, it’s so easy, that block pen passive deals the job nicely, all you need is to switch gloves IF really needed.

Why SPR?

SPR is so underrated, If I had the money and the will to heavy invest to the point of pushing my weapon to +15, stage 5 I would probably remove STR in favor of SPR too.

My Fencer currently could get like ~50 spr from gear (protas trousers, venier, max peta, no stat investment) and with pain barrier (and a lot of luck) on I survived some Raise psychic pressure chain CC that shouldn’t be possible sometimes.

And if you like to p2w (or convert huge amounts of silver/week into hats for medals purely for pvp purposes), you can use the the best thing ever for block pen and CC resist: 2x +90 SPR cash shop rings LOL. Huge CC resist, “ok” mdef and +180 Block pen.

With SPR investment over STR + two p2w rings you can run from Psychic Pressure without worry, stack it with a good timing pain barrier and you’re free to faceroll Stun, bleeding and etc.

Check this video about the SPR investment + rings.

IIRC Nikos had something like ~300 SPR

Unfortunately (or fortunately, lol) things like Subzero Shield can bypass all the spr resist and there’s always raise, hunter and etc, but even so, those rings are like cheating.

1 Like

I currently dont have 180spr. Ill do it in the future after i got trans stage 9 weapon/2.5k evasion because im still using that Lancer for farming. High spr would suck in PVE, worst than high con.

1 Like

holy ■■■■ you have imba stats v_v

but str have 10% bonus rank

spr don’t have this bonus

invest str provide more block pene than spr isn’t it

that 10% bonus per rank will only be significant on large STR amounts, when you invest alot on STR which is currenty not advisable due to current stat conditions.

Like what @jynxie08 have said, SPR’s mdef scales through rank as well, while also giving you status resistance.

The only issue I see on SPR resistance effect is that it seems only viable on slow paced battles, mostlikely ‘real end game’. Point is why bother resisting when we die in 3 - 4 hits which is currently the situation in TBL now. IMO, it’s good to invest on SPR If you have decent survivability (high trans armor/accessory).

Nontheless, currently pvpwise it seems that SPR have more to offer than STR.

1 Like