Tree of Savior Forum

Stone Whale does not count as flying mob

During boss fight with Stone Whale i noticed that i can hit him with Flame Ground(Pyromacer skill), that should ignore flying mobs. I thought that boss is “large” Stone Orca, which is actually flying.

Pretty sure Boss type is exception for “flying” type.

1 Like

All the bosses are not flying, even if they do

Yeah if there are flying bosses then pyro will have a hard hard time lol :grinning: :grinning:

This much is true. Bosses are exempt from the flying status, and I’d rather see it kept this way (as someone who plays classes that have floor traps, this would be completely disabling later on).

Yup, like stated before, all bosses are on the “ground” even if they’re flying around and even doing flying skills…
Which makes sense because several classes have only ground-skills, and for those classes it’d take forever to kill the bosses with only their basic attack.

Though it might make interesting Instance Dungeon situations if they weren’t. Might also warrant a skill given to a class that “grounds” flying enemies so that traps can deal damage to them. :stars:

Stone Whale IS a flying type mob and ignores all ground based damage. However, after it uses its Laser Pillar attack twice in a row it will become exhausted and collapse. During this time frame, it DOES count as a ground type mob and all ground based spells such as Flame Ground, Cure, Heal, etc. will damage it.

Also interesting to note is if you place a persistent damage spell like Cure or Flame Ground on the Stone whale while it is exhausted and it recovers (a.k.a gets up and starts flying again) while the spell is still in effect, the Stone Whale will continue to take damage from the spell as if it was a grounded mob. However, any NEW instances of a ground based spell will be ignored as the Stone Whale is considered a Flying mob at the time of casting.

That is not true. I used flame ground on the Stone Whale before it colapsed to the ground, and it hited it normally, as it would hit a ground mob. Boss monsters are not flying mobs, even if they fly.

Okay, well when I fought it as a Cleric with Heal and Cure it just floated over it like it was nothing. Only thing that hit it was Zaibas. Maybe its a glitch particular to Flame Ground then. Or maybe my fight was glitched? Tbh with each new bug I run into I’m that much more prepared for the next one.

Stone Whale isnt the only one that flies in game. Trust me, there’s loads of flying bosses than Stone Whale and ground spell still hits them no matter what.