Tree of Savior Forum

Starter questions regarding class choice

I played this game for 79 mins from what steam says. I ended up getting into a wreck and being out of commission for a while. This game sorta fell under my radar after I got back into games.

So I have a few questions if anyone has time.

• Are squires good (granted I don’t know how this game works) because the idea of setting up a base or food table for a party sounded kinda cool.
  • Are the class norms pretty cookie cutter or are there lots of viable builds?
  • If squires aren’t any good I really liked the idea of using a musket from the musketeer class, are they pretty good?
  • Maybe I should be asking if there is a starter friendly class to get my bearings or maybe I should be more focused on a class for money when I start? Also I duno if this game has pvp but if so I’m really only interested in the pve side of things.
  • Forgot to also ask, is respecing a thing? With as many classes and build variants I would think so but I wasn’t sure. And if so do you need to spend real money to do so?
  • Squires are great to have in your account (or if someone in your guild or group of friends has them). They’re not really for actual party play but more like something you bring out for prepping up before doing whatever content like world bosses and ET
  • There are a lot of viable builds but there are some which are a cut above the rest
  • Musketeers are decent to good for boss hunting mostly, a bit limited and inefficient for most other content (farming, ET, grinding etc.)
  • There are classes that don’t need as much investment to be good, if I had the chance to start over I will probably start off with either a sorcerer or a schwarzer reiter (SR) as they can do most content relatively easily. SR might not be too starter friendly soon though as their main skill will start to eat a lot of SP potions.
  • It’s way easier to make a new character now than wait for IMC to give out rank resets. There’s one accessible in the adventure journal (which requires you to have quite a few characters before you can claim it) and some they give away rarely. People are expecting some when the new r9 comes but no official word yet. Finally they will add a system that lets you re-pick your current rank but that is not implemented yet

hope this helps :haha:

This does help thank you.
Its sad to hear about both the musketeer and the squire.

• Are there bad servers?
  • I looked underneath the sorcerer and saw the necromancer, are they any good compared to the sorcerer?
  • Also with a musketeer, are they bad cause they lack some sort of aoe or something? I’ve watched a handful of twitch streams and I do mostly see them grabbing a bunch of stuff I guess.
  • I played RO and I remember grinding but not a whole lot of farming unless it was for like a card or something.
  • Is farming a bit more important in this game?
  • servers are based on location, Klaipedia and Orsha for NA, Silute for SA, Fedimian for Europe and Telsiai/Varena for SEA.
  • I personally like sorcerer because you only need to have a full SPR stat build and one good 10* demon card to be able to do good damage over a relatively large area. As for Necromancer it’s actually kind of weaker than sorcerer as far as performance goes, it just happens to be another summoner class so you can run a small army with it.
  • Musketeer is lacking in AoE yes, and requires good investment to be able to perform well. People usually take sapper with it to address aoe but sapper’s broom trap only hits ground targets.
  • There’s a ton of silver (and other resources like blessed shards) sinks in this game so yes, farming is important

musketeer has weapon restriction, you better pick a job without weapon restriction for your rank 1-6 before musketeer like sapper, wugushi, falconer, rogue and hunter

Weapon restrictions hmm? Like only being able to use a gun or somethin.
Is only being able to use a certain type of weapon bad? How does it factor into things?

my 1st char was archer3scout3musket1.
When i changed to musketeer, most of my rank 1-6 attack skill were greyed out because it need bow/xbow, meanwhile i use rifle. i also feel too many weapon to obtain and maintenance, xbow+pistol+rifle. something like sapper/wugu+musket is recommended

Since it was mentioned, a bunch of classes in swordsman and archer trees have skills that only work with specific weapons equipped. If you want to really make a character stand out, you have to pour all your resources on one weapon for that character. That being said, it’s possible to have a character that switches weapons if you really wanted to (like switching between musket and bow) but to split your investment to multiple weapons will just take way too long

EDIT: On another note, this super high investment thing is mostly for competing in world bosses or doing the super grindy end-game Earth Tower or farming super fast. A good amount of time I spent enjoying the game was actually by making multiple characters, testing builds and just reaching the last rank for all of them

So then I would in the end want to focus on one weapon then right? If I did want to tough it out it just means that I would have to use bows and pistols until I could use a musket then focus entirely on that. And I should only be grabbing skills usable by the musket so not to waste unneeded skill points correct?

If you want a highly efficient build yes, but classes along the way usually have spare points to help you level. For example, it is recommended to take archer c2 for swift step crit rate, and the only other two skills in that class that you can use with musket is oblique shot and kneeling shot. you’ll have a few points to spare for multishot for example. That being said there are some really hellish builds that really suck to level until you reach the last few ranks, so it’s not recommended to start with those. I would put musketeer on the above average scale in terms of how hard it is to reach level cap.

Awesome and ya it is starting to get a bit complicated :smiley:

I’m going to take your advice and just try that sorcerer instead until I can get a handle on the game. With that being said is there a best way circle wise to make a sorcerer? I read a couple forums where there were certain classes where you would definitely take like something from like say swordsman and then a further class but the rest you could play around with in between and after.

Also thanks again for all the assistance. I’m thinking on Klaipeda since i’m in the US.

Just to let you know

• all dps classes require heavy investment (+11 and higher) for either 220, 270 or 315 weapons
  • non of the merchant classes are good for money on a starter class. All merchant classes should be treated as public servants providing a service rather than merchants making money.

Squires have a decent buff unique to them in food. They are always good to have (in your account rather than in the party) and does not require the squire to remain active for the buff to remain active (or available).

Musketeers have a decent enough AoE in [covering fire]. It has a 15 sec cd (is pretty low). IMC is addressing weapon usage allowing some lower rank skills to be usable with rifles but there are options that don’t have weapon restrictions (hunter, wugushi). The hunter variant (A2-Hu3-Sr1-Mu2) will cost a character slot for the pet and the wugushi variant (A2-x-Wu3-Mu2) will cost “poison pot” that you either buy or hunt.

If you want a starter class, clerics are the way to go. Clerics and swordies get to “cheat” with a 5hammer (yes that’s the name of the weapon if you don’t already know) and cafrisun gear up to lv 220 (higher if you want) and clerics can heal.

Are clerics easier than sorcerers? I’m not really sure what that hammer or gear are.
Is that like easy to obtain gear that carries for a long time? If gear is a bit overwhelming I might just stick to the sorcerer like Kihseki was talking about. I figure maybe casters aren’t super gear reliant?
That is super awesome to hear about the Musketeer changes.

Also thank you for the info as well.

Sorcerer is a stand alone class for as long as you put pure SPR for stats. That being said not a lot of wiz classes take advantage of SPR outside of having unlimited SP.

As for sorcerer class itself,

circle 1 gives you access to an auto-attacking demon summon
circle 2 lets you control it more precisely and it also lets you ride it to use skills
circle 3 just makes it a tiny bit stronger

There are summons that are really strong already with just auto attack (like netherbovine and necroventer), there are some that need riding to make them stronger (templeshooter, mirtis, rexipher).
that being said here are some possible class combinations

• wiz1->cryo3->sorc1->necro3 This is the most braindead set-up you can do, and there are a ton of bots that use this path so they just walk around and let summons kill everything (this is proof that it is low investment and can farm well)
  • wiz1->cryo3->sorc3->sage This one is more of a rider class, you spend most of your time riding the summon to maximize its damage. The other class picks are for crowd control and defensive buffs
  • wiz1->pyro2->(pyro3 or thaum1)->sorc2->WL2 This is a hybrid caster-summoner path that requires a lot more micromanaging to play but is well worth it if you invest on it.

In the future the best SPR build that has sorcerer in it will probably involve enchanter c2 so you could possibly build something like wiz1->cryo3->sorc3->ench2 or wiz1->pyro2->thaum2 (or 3)->sorc2 (or 1 if thaum3) -> ench2

clerics are easier in terms of being useful and in terms of survival, but they can be inefficient for farming too without investment. Though you can go chaplain plague doctor if you want a really chill cleric that doesn’t need much investment as well

Wowowo, the possibilities lol.
Oooo I might try the micro managing hybrid one. I’m not sure what riding is like in this game and I don’t want to be guilty of being like a bot. My head. I duno what I would have done without everyone’s help.

here’s a video of mine from a few months ago. With a reasonably invested character your damage should be around half of this

Clerics can heal. That alone makes it far easier (on a starting account). If you have the funds to support a non cleric then go for it.

Cafrisun armor (top, bottom, gloves, shoes) can carry you from lv 15 (you can wear them starting lv 15) up to lv 220 (or higher if you are a cleric) while the 5hammer can carry you from lv 40 to lv 220. Cafrisun is easy to hunt (easier to buy in market) because it is sure drop from boss (30min spawn timer) but random which armor pcs you get. 5hammer is a cube drop from 50 dungeon (easier to buy in market) or RNG mob drop (just buy from market, it’s a good investment).

Your build (caster, hitter) doesn’t matter below lv 220 in terms of damage. IT DOES NOT MATTER (for damage). Your damage will come from pardoner buffs (that’s where you spend your money, not gear between lv 40 and 220). The good pardoners will be pushing 2k [blessing] damage and the amazing ones will sell you 2.7k [blessing] damage. [blessing] and [sacrament] will hands down blow away all other damage options at those lvs.

If demon district 2 is not as saturated with bots in klaipedia server, a 5hammer cleric will make you good money.

1 Like

btw just to make it clear, a hybrid caster sorcerer will probably go the enchanter class path when the next major patch hits (assuming we get r9 at the same time as 360 level cap), it’s honestly kind of hard to suggest a meta build right now cause there’s a big update within a few months

I don’t think I’d be able to reach that high anyway. For a safety net should I instead do the braindead build then?
And if need be make remake another after the patch.

Also odd question. Character costumes are specific to a class right? Is there a way to wear previous attire from earlier classes or are you stuck with whichever ending class you have to get? It might actually sway me a bit cause some of the class armors are superb.