Tree of Savior Forum

Starter questions regarding class choice

Well, I believe what will change is the warlock pick from the last 2 ranks so yes you can just think about it later. Also I guess it’s also true that no one actually manages to have their main be their first ever character in this game so it’s better to just play it, try to see if you’ll enjoy it in the long run and then think about what character you want to really invest in later on when you figure out the game more lol.

EDIT: you can wear costumes from previous ranks you’ve picked freely, and any premium or event costume that your class can wear

EDIT2: braindead build is more for farming, it’s actually kind of weak for world bossing and ET. I forgot to say that sorc2 is rather slow on the single target dps department, it’s the pyro+warlock class combo that lets me contribute in world bosses (and this one is a lot weaker than the wiz3-ele3-warlock2 cookie cutter build when it comes to pure dps). However at this point it will be high investment builds that really shine over others, it is in low investment that I find sorc2 to be a really nice and safe pick

Ok that makes sense. When it goes to this new build with enchanter being at the end instead of warlock what is happening?

So wiz > cryo/pyro(damage?) >thaum (pet enhancer?) > sorc > enchanter (more enhancement?)

Edit: In the cryo one you skip thaum for more damage?

Pet doesn’t actually take buffs, it’s just that pyro, thaum and enchanter are classes that can benefit from full SPR stat allocation. You will be really good party buffer though in addition to being able to deal damage through lightning hands + your demon auto attacks. As for class picks I’m split between wiz1-pyro2-thaum2-sorc2-ench2 and wiz1-pyro2-thaum3-sorc1-ench2 right now and this is something I won’t be able to figure out until the update comes

Edit: a lot of people actually don’t like pyromancer because it’s a lot weaker than it used to be, however I chose it cause cryo3 doesn’t help against world bosses (pyro3 is still not worth it though, that’s why I went pyro2-thaum1 instead). Basically my build is what I came up with because I want to keep sorcerer but I also want to be able to do world bosses. A cryo3-sorc3-sage is better specialized for mobbing and farming, while wiz3-ele3-warlock2 is the specialized class for DPS and world bossing. I tried to come up with a middle ground which is why I ended up with the hybrid build, it’s not meta but I love playing it and can do everything with it

Are these world bosses something that like I should be worried about? I’ve only ever experienced a world boss type thing in probably World of warcraft where everyone and anyone can all attack it at the same time. Do you need to either do a certain amount of damage to the monster to get a reward or are their limited people for the event?

Edit: From what i’m seeing you lose the ability to make it into the big black thing and riding it. Is the non black version of the pet still pretty strong?

It’s a free for all that’s announced server-wide, and only the top 5 ranked parties get a reward (slightly better reward for rank1, first hit and last hit also get a bonus but those are unreliable). You want to be able to boost your party members’ damage so I think thaum enchanter can do this well also.

Riding gives bonus damage to the summon and lets you use skills, but the skills actually tend to be slow to cast and stuff. Most of the really strong summons do most of the work with auto attacks (necroventer, netherbovine, marnox). As for the big black thing, that’s just the old graphic for summons which morphing still uses (summons now are tinted purple with not much smoke). Morphing lets you reset the cooldown of skills though so dedicated sorcerers can use that to use high cooldown summon skills successively

Once again thanks. Think i’ll try thaum 3 sorc 1.
Also I get that this game uses circles but when yall are listing the number after are you getting all of the abilities in that circle? Or is it just a general saying. And then you just pick what you fits your playstyle from that circle?

circles are how many ranks you put in to get that class I suppose? use a simulator to get an idea on how class progression goes. Btw you can choose to pick sorcerer as soon as you reach rank 5, and then decide later on if you’ll put more ranks into thaumaturge or sorcerer. Use tosbase http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/ to get an idea of how class progression works but use https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner for a more updated database.

you can also use https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner for a simulator that has the future update included (rank9) but it’s still only in korean

here is a sample build for the thaumaturge enchanter for the future update https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#2122a6aaii.1123354551.112a3a415573.1f243a516a75.157585.7a8a95a5.
EDIT: The idea for this build is to be a low-investment party damage buffer, but also have one sorc circle to make farming and solo life a lot easier

I made one right before you posted yours. I figured you would have put more points in boosting a few spells instead of getting majority of them. Edit: Granted I was sorta winging it lol and just putting max skills in 3 spells at a time.

Also I thought you couldn’t go backwards in classes. So like once you went from thaum to sorc you had to keep going forward. Did they change that?

you could always pick lower ranks as you go higher, though generally people go for higher ranked classes cause they are supposed to be stronger. This has changed since the combat rebalance though, and a lot of low rank classes actually have essential skills and buffs that make or break a build.

Lol this was my introduction to the game, i’m guessing she has a body :smiley:

One last thing if you don’t mind. I noticed on the main site it doesn’t list hidden classes even though the other site and calculators do. Is there a place where I could get more info on this? And are they worth doing at all?

lmao, this is tree of savior after all. Trees are known for having lots of bugs, especially now that they seem to have their hands full trying to come up with new seasonal events (halloween, christmas soon) and the new rank9 update. The game itself is fun, it’s just that a lot of bugs, crashes and other stuff drive a lot of people away so I hope you have a good newbie experience lol.

Also if you’re using a new account look for the event board in klaipedia and claim the booster pack from the “get ahead” event. Would let you try at least 4 characters really fast within the event period if you take advantage of it

As for hidden classes, they are usually a pain in the butt to unlock and have very specific uses. Appraiser and Shinobi have practical uses, though Miko is generally picked for the costume while Rune Caster is a niche class that has really specific applications

When you try 4 characters do you mean level 4 different types or 4 different classes?
Edit: And people would waste a circle in progression just to get a costume? Wouldn’t it fudge their character?

You can grab the boost pack using 4 toons max

EDIT: Miko is not bad as a filler class and the costume really is kinda nice, though the class itself doesn’t stand out anymore due to dieverbys not being meta now

Could you potentially like learn every class for just one circle and then respec back to wiz and start over with all costumes? This is just me guessing on how it works.

no the booster pack just gives a lot of items that will let you level to 330 easily in a few hours if you know what you’re doing, it doesn’t let you reset and stuff just level 4 toons fast

Also no, you can only use costumes of classes you’ve picked. Even when there was a reset event you will lose all the costumes of the classes you didn’t take anymore

Oh I almost forgot do I pretty much just straight pump Spirit from level 1 onward? This build scales from Spr right?

If your interested this is a build I’m currently following.

If your search engine allows it you should be able to translate the whole page more or less to english.

yes, the reason for spr is it adds a % scaling to summon damage and also gives them more def or something (someone mentioned 0.3% per point of spr? check sorcerer megathread it’s somewhere there). Spr also scales with enchant fire, swell right arm/left arm/brain and enchanter’s enchant lightning. Also later on you can enchant your armor with an enchantment that gives you 1 con per 20 spr from enchanter shops that lasts for 24 hours so you can get some survivability from that as well. You’ll also have pretty much unlimited SP and that’s a pretty nice thing in making it more comfortable to play.

Hmm, now that I think about it I’m a bit worried when it comes to market limitations, you’d want a netherbovine card to get started but it’s actually kind of hard to get that on your own. With a new account I think it takes a month before you can buy from the market? That’s actually kind of a hassle huh

I’ll look at the market and see. How would you naturally go about getting one, farming a boss or something?