Tree of Savior Forum

Staff vs Rod wich is better?

I’m currently using staff as it has higher Magic attack and AoE bonus. But I’m Wiz1 >Cryo1 >Link1 and will go Cryo2 next. So is there any point picking up Rod and going for augments?

I for one prefer rods, since I can use a shield with it, it for me outweighs the extra damage that staffs do, though its kind of nice to be able to melee your own icewall with a staff sometimes.

Rod + Arde Dagger > Staff.

I thought you need to be a certain class to be able to dual-wield?
Also Fire Attack+ does nothing for Cryo unless there is something similar with Ice attack+?

No, the Fire property attack adds in the final damage in all skills (regarless of the property) as a flat value that only gets diminished by similar properties resistances, monsters generally don’t have fire property resistance, unless it’s a water monster, so you’ll be dealing much more damage as any atqm is reduced by defm.

To give you a general idea,

Frost cloud hits 30 times, so with arde dagger it’ll do 30x153 more damage versus the maybe 40 more matk you got extra which ends up only being 40 extra damage.

that arde dagger is gonna get nerfed soon enough… don’t waste money on it… a lvl 75 weapon with the power of a lvl 170 weapon big lol! and pyro mages get 2x fire dmg from it

That would explain prices on Arde dagger at market.
Anyways thanks for clarifiying i think it worth a try going into Rod route.

It won’t be nerfed for sure, there are better daggers at higher levels and staffs start to get a big difference on matq if compared to rods.

Also bear in mind that Cryo upgrade are gen towards rods and shield.