Tree of Savior Forum

Staff vs Rod+Shield for wizard after the updates

What is the purpose of using a staff now instead of rod + shield for wizard after the updates. First of all, quick cast is removed from wizard (given rod mastery instead for the base class which reduces 30 percent cast time) and is now chronomancer’s. Why use a staff (which is a weapon exclusive to wizard) when you can use rod + shield (blue gems will be giving MATK on offhand) with no real drawbacks ?. Generally speaking, if ones were to go rod+shield combination, they would be having around +/- 10 percent less MATK than using a staff (not to mention the really high physical defense from wielding a shield after the buffs to legend tier gears).
edit: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Idxj_CPez18Pb9auz_L7rAIZ3vR3Wacu49ecAF_7UT0/edit#gid=2138708672 for numerical values if anyone is interested

1 Like

I share your feelings…

Also, the same argument for “whats the point of rod + dagger, or 1h + dagger(for non scout) is???”…

Dagger will give access to more dmg via gems…

…and this is where the argument gets interesting…

Freaking shields give over 7k pdef, chance to block… vs a meager 1-2k more “atk” on the 2h weapons… so yeah… the questions should be why the hell are the 2h weapons so meh compared to 1h + shield…

//**side note, the link you shared was constructed using mine as base, and one thing that i had wrong is the % of atk, def and crit dmg are towards only the stats, not the overall char…

//** edited to clarify and not misinform

Oh thanks for clarifying me the effect of gems when used on a shield

No problem, your question is the same tho…

I would like to see 2h weapons buffed by a lot, like 10-30% of RE values… or maybe buffing gems to give an edge on having more slots… idk… something…

Here are what came to my mind. Remove rod mastery and give wizard a staff mastery instead. What is the point of a staff being exclusive to wizard ? caster clerics also use rod. A 2H weapon is also more expensive to craft and transcend. Comparing percentages wise between staff vs rod+shield, you will be getting MUCH more numbers from going rod+shield.

It’s like IMC forcing every wizard players to use rod+shield :tired:

Yeah i was thinking 20 percent and lol I’m not the only one who thinks this way -_-

Personally I’d just like a healthy balance between the two types of weapons. Obviously Rod + Shield giving more defense, and Staff giving more damage.

Get rid of the attributes and just better balance the items themselves.

No.

Summary

About 13% more M.Attack with Staff.
And that is only Orange Gear, not VC

1 Like

Posted gem list some time ago on ktos thread:

8 star yellow
Main or off-hand weapon: +547 Physical critical attack damage (+128 at level 1 gem)
top or bottom: +1535 physical defence (+360 at level 1 gem)
gloves or boots: +70 block penetration (+15 at level 1 gem)

Red (1 star):
-main or offhand : +72 physical attack
-top or bottom: +15 block
-gloves or shoes: +15 accuracy

Blue (1star):
-main or off: +72 magic attack
-top or bottom: +360 magic def
-gloves or shoes: +15 critical resistance

green (1star):
main or off: +128 Magic critical attack damage
top or bottom: +15 evasion
gloves or shoes: +15 critical rate

white (1star):
any item: looting chance +4

There’s a full list of each level bonus on patchnotes somewhere.

3 Likes

Also in one of the English post by IMC at this website

3 Likes

Welp, am wrong, got jebaited from the symbols…

my bad…

Still the main idea of a ton of def with shield vs 1-2k of extra atk from 2h is too little imho…

More than 13%

forum (didnt work earlier)

imgur

https://i.imgur.com/4ZysDYu.jpg

big image, open in new window or download

2 Likes

mmmm, interesting…

The images with the switch of equip are the same skill right???

If so, i would say its a fair trade off the shield…

ty

Yes ofc, all are Shadow Conjuration

They buffed daggers cause it’s Scout Tree’s main weapon to the point that it’s stronger than some 1h weapons lol

Rapiers are weaker then daggers, its makes no sense and it makes me wanna play a scout instead of my Matador

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.