Tree of Savior Forum

Staff or Rod @ 170+

I’ve been using Rods since I started the game, but hitting 170 on mage now and I am not sure if I should stick to Rod + Arde or switch to Staff.

I have all the materials to make a Maledoom staff, but if I really wanted to I could also get my hands on a Khasti Rod.

Can anyone tell me which one is best and why?

Wiz3-Thaum3-Necro/RuneCaster

I’m a Wiz3>Ele3 atm and I’m using rod+arde. It has more Matk ratio compare to using staff.

rod + arde dagger is more for Dps, Staff more Aoe, and some nice bonus on some Staff for sorc/necro/ or supports.
IM not a pro in Tos, i only talking my experience
I guess Rune caster is better for a Cryo/Ele build, cuz Ice Rune

rod + arde for dps and rod + shield for defense. staff is kinda useless in this game. Unless you pick somthing that give you really good bonusses like audra ( if its even a staff )

Yep, Audra is a staff and one of the few useful even.

However, there is also a rod that gives you half of the effect of Audra (Cryomancer +1 instead of +2), way cheaper and you can use it with a dagger.

Well seems like I am going to leave Rune Caster for my Cryo3 char and go Necro with this build. So far I am not 100% sure if any actual rod would benefit necro, as well as Staff. I’ll look around to see which Rod I’d end up with then. It will be a long way until Lv220, at least for me.

ice rod or something, totally garbage dmg. not even worth it.