Tree of Savior Forum

[Squire C3] Penalty Reduction - Add attribute(s) to make skill more useful

As it stands, although I’m sure Penalty Reduction’s effects are nice when used, it is only useful if and when you die; which means something went wrong. If you play well and do not die, Penalty Reduction has no effect. I’m not aware of any other skill that works like this aside from Priest’s “Revive” - but that is VERY strong.

I think it would be nice to give a player that wants to PLAY a Squire instead of AFKing in town some more utility, especially considering that Refreshment Table / Repair does not work in instanced dungeons.

Attributes can be an easy way to make this skill more desirable without completely changing it.

Examples:

• While active, Penalty Reduction reduces durability damage on equipment from battle by X% (Could be 50%, could be 100%. This could solve Repair not being usable in instances).

• Increases duration of buffs by X% (To replace Base Camp in instanced dungeons)

• Increase party’s melee damage by SMALL percentage. (For other Swordsman, monk, etc, and desirable for tanks for more aggro generation. Replaces Weapon Maintenance in dungeons)

• Decrease incoming damage by SMALL (5%?) percentage (desirable for everyone but also to help pelt>squire build over pelt>rodelero build. Replaces Armor Maintenance in dungeons)

• Resistances to status ailments.

• Reduces cooldowns by SMALL amount (-10%? 1-3 seconds on most abilities)

• Increase movement speed by +3 (Free token bonus lol)

I mean really, these are small things that while I don’t think anyone would choose a Squire over another class for, they would be appreciated to have when you do have a Squire in your party. Even if these would make Penalty Reduction cost money or require Repair Kits / Charcoal Stones to use it would still be very nice. …Also please fix Arrest to work properly!

Thank you for your time!