Tree of Savior Forum

Spr-Int Chaplain Doctor / Magnus Chaplain?

Hi folks! Just wanted to get your thoughts on this build: Chaplain Doctor courtesy of @Wurmheart.

Kinda liked how she described it: “A chaplain doctor designed as a spr/int hybrid will still do decent damage and has solid support. Can be run as any combination of spr and/or int. Spr has lower dmg but more block, int has more dmg and healing but less block.”

So I once more request for your collective wisdom! Thoughts on this build? If I wanted to be a bit more damage oriented, and go for Int:

1. Would such a build still be sought after in endgame parties as support?

2. How hard a time would I have levelling-up this toon?

3. What would be an ideal stat distribution? 4:1 int-spr? Wouldn’t I still need a bit of con?

4. How “decent” a damage would I be making vis-a-vis say… a dex-type inquisitor (which is my current toon’s route right now)?

5. To those who are a bit familiar with the build, how is the synergy in this build? Will I be pressing lots of buttons for this as I juggle with buffing, healing, and DPSing?

6. Would some of the Chaplain skills become obsolete as I progress towards PD?

Thanks a bunch oh wise masters!:slight_smile:

I’m a pure SPR Chap Inq, and do good damage with Wheel (and AA it).

1. As a SPR priest 3, i feel Blessing fall off late game, ppl only want priest for revive and resurrection.
  2. Yes, really hard until rank 7, even if you have PD if you’re pure SPR.
    SPR is scaling 1:0.9 to all your skill, and around 1:3.6 to your AA, but INT scale 1:7 to your main damage - Incineration(with Agny and full Attribute)
  3. No, please pure INT or SPR. (dps or sup). No CON if you’re a veteran player.
  4. I dont know which dex Inq you’re talking about, Monk-Inq is nearly the best dps dex Inq, Pala 3 x Inq if x is Kabba then a burst damage boss killer, if x is the other then decent damage. But Int PD 2 dps-Aoe overshadow most of the dps race cleric.
  5. You only have to press 3 skill for damage BDS > Pandemic > Inci, the rest of time, you will heal and resurrection.
  6. To be honest, I find Chaplain no other than a support class, not a damage dealer class (PD 2). So, it’s not relevant between these two class’s skills.

spr or int

not both

it waste your stat bonus

SPR is for stone skin master race. You still can reach cap block. Though it’s not as useful when your party members can invest and get 5k pdef :sweat_smile:

For SPR type you are more or less still useful. More towards full heal and defensive.

If you are into damage oriented i say drop stone skin and just go exo > magnus + full int.

Get mass heal revive and aspersion ( in case when you need to rebuff if expire).

@unicorntheshiny, a bit impressed by Magnus in youtube videos. Is a Magnus Chaplain a viable endgame toon? If so, what would its build look like in terms of stats and skills? Thanks!:slight_smile:

Looks good, dps wise as compare to miko pretty crap.

If you are going for magnus it is pretty much high INT type or else the whole usage of it is kind pointless.

Thanks man! What do you think about this build I saw from @Wurmheart https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41222ci1g.15253551.213f4551687595a5.11243545.11213554.456585?

if you are going priest it’s fine but good luck having split stats and inquistor rank 9 is still unknown for damage types/scaling

if you sink into INT it might spell trouble

Cool. What would be your recommendation on a good R8 build for a Magnus Chaplain then?:slight_smile:

Hi everyone. Resurrecting this thread from a month back, because I don’t think the Miko quest is doable for me. I am currently a full Int Chaplain, and was going to pursue Miko>Inq, but given the trolled-out Miko quest, I am seriously considering going Plague Doctor.

I pretty much followed most of what you mentioned here @unicorntheshiny (went full Int, focused on Magnus). My Priest skills look like this: 10 Aspersion, 15 Blessing, 1 Sacra, 5 Mass Heal, 4 Resu, 5 Revive, and 5 Exorcise. Chaplain skills is everything but Capella.

Need advice if a full-Int Chap Doctor is a build worth pursuing, or I’m better off just getting over the Miko quest and just do it (I already invested 650k to gender bend my toon, so there’s that). I am after pure PVE, and end-game relevance (better farming capacity isn’t bad either). Also inviting opinions from other Chaplain masters, i.e. @Remiri and @DiMeowgio.

Thanks!

I’m no master, but if it were me making an actual Chaplain-PD2, I’d distribute things exactly like this:

Lv1 Safety Zone + the attribute from Cleric 2 would be more than enough.
Lv5 Divine Might (I’d get a Corylus Gem as well) is a must and you will use and abuse this skill all the time. It also helps align your Aspergillium duration with Blessing for easier micro-management of your buffs.
Lv1 Sacrament for people that may ask for the extra line, or if you find yourself running out of the bought buffs from Pardoners (you should just buy their Lv17 Aspersion and Lv12 Sacrament anyway).
Lv7 Revive +1 from Divine Might grants 8 seconds of immunity after pseudo-death. It’s more than enough.
Lv10 Mass Heal because it’s percentage based, with Divine Might it’s 30% + your INT (and SPR, but since you’re mostly INT I won’t bother with the calculation). As a 100% INT Chaplain myself, my Mass Heal is ridiculously strong.

Hanaming Gem is expected so you get that nice and even 12 Heal tiles after Divine Might. Also, since you’re INT, you will be using Heal and Cure to burst down bosses (works on flying, as long as it’s a boss).

At R7, you should be wearing an Agny Necklace or get yourself one as soon as possible. Incineration should be upped to Lv5 ASAP. You will have to get creative with how you generate debuffs on your target though seeing as you only have Monstrance (which doesn’t work on all targets) and Exorcise (which actually stays as a DoT on your target even after you’ve triggered Magnus) as well as Cure (which has a hit limit + doesn’t work on flying mobs, bosses are fine).

At R8, you just need to use Black Death Stream (Plague Vapors) right off the gate, then Incinerate. Your target will be likely dead before your second overheat gets used anyway.

Lv5 Bloodletting (MAX) + 1 via Divine Might let’s you forget about any Rank 1 and Rank 2 debuffs that are headed your way. 100% uptime, works well with parties too.

Lv5 Healing Factor + 1 via Divine Might helps you tackle stuff even if you’re naked (provided you don’t get one shot or overrun). It just heals and heals and heals. 100% uptime at Lv6 (hence DM)

Last 5 points in PD2 are yours to decide on.

So basically at the start of your play session, buy Lv17 Aspersion and Lv11/12 Sacrament from Pardoners. For combat, before initiating, you will cast Divine Might, then Aspergillum, Blessing (which still reaches +456 and higher despite having 0 SPR invested), Last Rites then Bloodletting if you’re expecting a lot of debuffs. Else it’s just a matter of keeping Aspergillum and Blessing up and occasionally rebuffing Last Rites.

Revive is up to your preference. I rarely use mine because my P.Def is at 3500+ and M.Def is at 3000+. I use it when I go with randoms for 290 rushes though. I usually let them get hit first (because I like it like that) to gauge their softness. If they go down 50%+, one Mass Heal will bump them to max health again (even if MH only heals 30%, the extra is from my 859 INT and some SPR), then I use Revive.

I have a PD2 myself, although it’s built around my Pardoner (which I use for personal scroll making). So my experience is coming from two areas.

Should you decide to pursue Miko and then go PD2. You will be missing out on all the benefits of Cleric 2 because your build will definitely be: C1-P3-Cha-Mik-PD2. So there’s that.

As an INT based character, the extra 1 Level to all skill you get for your next 5 or 6 skills (depending on whether you have Corylus Gem) will have a great effect on your DPS.

Also, having Cure’s attribute for hit frequency (available at Cleric C2) is a must if you want to burst using it. The extra levels adds damage too, seeing as you’re INT based, that’s a lot. Heal at high levels hit like a truck mind you (especially while under Blessing of any level).

1 Like

Thanks so much @DiMeowgio! On spreading status ailments, I already spent my skill reset and did not bother to get Monstrance.T-T I guess spending the last 5 points to Pandemic would help? That would then be Black Death>Pandemic>Incinerate. Would that be correct?

From my experience, once you’ve hit PD2 and can use Plague Vapors (BDS), you won’t need Pandemic. It has a huge cone AOE in front of you (looks like it’s even larger than Incinerate itself).

I’m not sure if Pandemic spreads PV though. Also, you’ll only have this debuff for duration issue at PD1.

At PD2, you just want to start the enemy with 1 debuff (PV aka BDS) and use Incineration right away.

I guess your main issue at PD1 is finding a way to have at least 1 debuff applied to your enemy or enemies for you to use your Incineration. Then again, you have Chaplain for your off-DPS.

Pandemic does spread Plague Vapors.
Pandemic is still a very useful skill, especially so with its attribute that makes it a fudge-ton bigger.

1 Like

I have never made a PD in any form, so sadly I can’t help with that.

Miko is still a good option for PD, but then you would have to miss out on cleric2 if you still go Chaplain.

As a Cleric 1 Chap, I can still perform in ET Solmiki but we run a 2nd support that has Cleric2.

Well i have quited TOS. as i have burnt out of the game. It’s getting painfully hard to play.

I had a diev miko pd2,

basically you can ref from this video. Just with pd2 is retardedly strong by itself.

Anyway good luck. See ya guys enjoyed my time here.