Tree of Savior Forum

Spiritual Chain compilation (LOOKING FOR ASSISTANCE - KLAIPEDA SERVER)

Asking again for confirmation before CBT ends but is quickcast magic damage attribute shared ?

Hi all, as you can see in the video below, quick cast did not increase the magic auto attack by 50% as it normally would. Attributes are confirmed not to be shared.

****HOWEVER, if you spread quick cast to a Wiz3 who does have the attribute, then it will apply. What this means is that attributes are calculated on the receiving characterā€™s end - so if that char has the attribute it will affect the buff.

1 Like

Thank you for the precious information, I was aiming for a wiz3link2 + thaum for a full support but now we know this Iā€™ll have to revise it.

Can you test druid invincibility?

Also, how does spiritual chain work with hit limit skills like divine might?
If someone still has the buff, does it re-share?

Spiritual Chain does not pass Ground based buffs like Safety Zone and Sterea Troth.

Hit limit skills like blessing and divine might function are party skills so they function like normal. As Iā€™ve said, only buffs casted after the chain to be spread, simply because someone else has it will not spread buffs.

Update: Tested Diev, Rogue and Scout compatability.

Sorry to bump an old thread, though this thread should almost be stickied for its value. Great work thus far Elysium!

Do these skills work with SC?
Revive (Priest)
Mackangdal (Bokor)
Shape Shifting (Druid) - Probably not, but would be hilarious.
Steady Aim (Ranger)
Running Shot (Quarrel Shooter)
Burrow (Rogue)
Hanging Shot (Falconer) - Extremely unlikely
Subzero Shield (Cryomancer) - Is now a self buff
Summon Servant (Sorcerer)
Isa (Rune Caster)
Kurdaitcha (Featherfoot)
Slithering (Roderlero)
Lunge (Fencer - flee buff)
Flaconnade (Fencer - block buff)
Bunshin no Jutsu (Shinobi) - very unlikely
Mokuton no Jutsu (Shinobi)

No to all. Revive and Summon Servant are already party buffs though.

Actually steady aim (the old one) did work with SC, and most of the above are party buffs so no, and as for the rest they arenā€™t tested yet, but it is highly unlikely. Will probably be checking in the kTOS thread

Iā€™m doing a spiritual chain compilation again for iTOS. Iā€™ll be doing all skills again. I have a linker 2 ready to test the skills, so add ā€˜nawā€™ (Klaipeda server)

Right now, Iā€™m testing if transpose is a self buff or party buff. It used to be able to be spreadable but not now unfortunately, though Iā€™m still testing. Would be helpful if a Thaum could add me and we test it out.

Other classes with self buffs do feel free to add me too.

1 Like

The information in my guide is correct for iTOS. Just to save you the trouble.

Thanks, will update accordingly

Also, @vyne_ does this mean you tested ALL the self buffs already? Because Iā€™ve just tested sure spell and itā€™s as you said, itā€™s not one of the spreadable buffs anymore. Only quick cast is

Nope havenā€™t tested any, just got the information from the game files :smiley:

With so many buffs not being transfered via Spiritual Link anymore, is it even worth going Linker 2 anymore for Spiritual Chain?

All the other aspects of linker 2 seem pretty ā€œmehā€ to me:

1. Higher levels of Hangmans knot are laughable since the nerf (5 skill points = 1 second increased root time)
  2. No one likes Physical Link anyway because it breaks equip of the entire party (WTF, which developer thought this was a good idea?) and higher levels of PL are worthless anyway since you canā€™t have that many people in a party (with PL 5 you already got enough to link an entire party, level 6~15 are worthless except for longer duration. But since everyone hates this skill itā€™s not worth increasing in the first place, even for the duration)
  3. Joint Penalty 10ā€™s 8-target feature can be somewhat emulated by using JP 5 (5 targets max) + a Dandel Gem. which would increase JP by 1 level for 6 targets max.

Is JP 10s 8-target links really needed or does JP 5s 5 targets (+ 1 target if you manage to get a Dandel Gem) suffice in endgame dungeons? Especially considering JP doesnā€™t work with aoes anymore.

Iā€™m currently on the edge on whether i should go for linker 2 or not (i have no intention of going Linker 3, Linker 2 would be my max), Spiritual Link and the 3 (or 2, with gem) more JP-targets would be the only reasons to do it and seeing how many Buffs donā€™t work anymore with SL i have big doubts whether linker 2 is still worth it.

On the other hand, getting Linker 2 and thus Spiritual Chain just in case the future class ranks have neat buffs to share would make it possibly more future-proofā€¦

I would not recommend linker 2 unless you have a very specific role for it (meaning your core build revolves around it). Sad to say this as a linker main.

with this moster gem i think linker 1 is more than enough.

I canā€™t believe that you canā€™t link Sure Spell anymore. How the heck are you supposed to use Physical link when your party is constantly flinching now?

I really hope they make more buffs transferable again, I REALLY regret going C2 Linker, it is a totally useless circle, the only thing that keeps me saying ā€œoh itā€™s not that badā€ is that Joint Penalty count increased to 8, but itā€™s not even that useful seeing how most groups of enemies in dungeons are in groups of 5s anyway, making it perfect for a C1 Linker.

Spiritual Chain does not even pass the most basic CONCENTRATE, instead it gives Gungho and Guardian, these two are the most common buffs I see and I usually just cancel it out once they pass onto me, by right clicking it cause they just hurt me(Gungho actually, I keep Guardian on). And also both these animations are the same, which on a side note I find very lazy. Speaking of same animations, Physical and Spiritual Link have the same animations too and SO many idiots have complained of dying to my link when it was actually Spiritual Chain and not even Physical.

Overall the Linker tree sucks ā– ā– ā– ā–  apart from JP, Knot isnā€™t even mandatory TBH, it helps gather them up if they retreat when dying(some enemies do that), other than that itā€™s a nice cherry on top of an icing cake. Iā€™m also speaking PVE wise so far.

I really wish I went C1 Thaumaturge instead of investing another circle into Linker, the uses of this circle is totally stupid.

Another common buff shared is Running Shot(from Quarrel 3 I believe) which doesnā€™t even help any of us unless youā€™re an archer which is SO rare in dungeon matchmaking, you usually have one or no archer at all.

Oh and of course thereā€™s Quick Cast, which is totally useless. Most parties have two wizards(including yourself) and you donā€™t need it at all honestly, you either have your own or have instant cast spells, and most Wizards have their own as well.

Now Iā€™m currently stuck between making a new character or just continuing(I invested a lot into this main already, sigh!)

Hope they buff Spiritual Chain, what I hope most to see is for it to share Concentrate and other useful self-buffs.

There are quite a lot of skills that can be transferred and linker2 is still one of the best classes in wiz tree.

You can still link such powerful skills as Beak Mask, Ein Sof, Cloacking, Healing Factor and Running Shot.

Should I explain further why linker is the most OP class in the game?

Also JP is rank 10 debuff, so it canā€™t be cured/prevented. So in PvP linkers are gods. Imagine the whole team wearing beak masks under the effect of healing factor.

Also Spriritual Link is indeed pretty bad at low levels, but 1 JP totally worth 2 ranks invested, as it multiplies your single target damage by 8.

And as for low number of archers in dungeons, you should look at level 200+ dungeons, there are tons of them. Archers just level much faster then other classes, so no archers at lower levels indeed.

1 Like

This is some pretty useful information to hear. I am currently Wizard 1 > Pyro 1 > Linker 2 > going Chrono 3 for full support and am already wondering how effective it was for me to go linker 2. Already messed up my build by going 130 int.

Does anyone know if Hangmanā€™s Knot work in pvp?

As I know, it just gathers enemies, but wonā€™t root them. Maybe even gathering is not working, not sure. Though JP is rank 10 debuff so it canā€™t be blocked or dispelled. So itā€™s still good even w/o Hangmans.

Also int is not necessarily bad, 1:1 INT:CON is also a decent stat distribution IMO. Though itā€™s true that for full support CON is better, at least in PvP. For PvE it doesnā€™t matter too much.