Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Summon Riding Damage?

do we really not take damage during riding? or characters are regarded as flying type thus ground skills will not hit?

check this part:

vs boss: riding

vs mobs, with single target:

so does this mean long range target skills will still hit a sorcerer when riding a summon?

lastly, is it correct that the summon increases it’s size when you level the skill?

out of topic:

as a sorcerer utilizing summon as main dps + skill spamming, we’ll be needing lots of crafted SP potions.
i do hope they patch the game during release and enable character storage sharing.

Unless they changed something, Ride will allow you to use the summon special skills, increase the SP/sec consumption, and you take the damage not the summon, also, you don’t inherit the summon stats (Def, HP and i think attack damage) it is all based on the Sorcerer status.

About flying stats, i am not sure if it count as flying, i didn’t tested long enough since i thought as a useless skill (Ride skill), but i would guess that the summon would take damage from any source which means you are taking the damage same way.

About pots, depending on the demand, it may end up like in the iCBT, a level 5 pot can keep you active for as long as you have pots, and the cost from them was more than half of a SP pot sold by Fedimian NPC and was 4-5x more powerful than the NPC one.

from the videos, it’s kinda weird

on 1st (Jan 17, 2016) boss casts AOEs and the sorcerer does not take any damage, only his summon

on 2nd (Nov 12, 2015), targets hit the sorcerer with single target attack

yes, maybe they did changed a few game mechanics.

with regards to SP consumption, so it’s still depending on how one utilizes it (if they also spam other skills or just rely on the summon)

i remember reading that summon upkeep is percent based, and when you ride it, the upkeep increases too.

So i guess they change it. then the summon is the one to take hits, and probably, when we use the special skills, it will cause the summon stats damage.

I know that when you used a summon skill while riding it consumed your SP, but only by mounting it the SP/sec consumption is 30% higher than with it only summoned.

On a side note, summoner builds would rely more on support classes i think, what i mean is, if you take any dps class, you will have a even greater SP consumption, but if you take Alch for example, as long as you have ingredients you can even leave your summon attacking while making pots, linker is also a good class to go with Sorcerer, even tho they nerfed Joint damage to half, since the higher INT you have, the harder your summon hit, i think summons can get buffs too, unless they changed it, so chrono attack speed buff would also improve its attacks.

If you will go with offensive classes on your build, i would suggest not use ride, first for its consumption, second because while riding you can’t use your other skills except the summon own skills.

Note that i am saying what i experienced on iCBT, since kOBT is being updated fast i am not sure about the current state of some circunstances.

hmm, still thinking of a good combination of builds, and riding is also a part of my plan, just use it sparingly as needed.

i hope they add a shared storage feature during release, doing sorcerer with summon as one of it’s DPS needs crafted alchemist pots of high level to gain more SP regen aside from it being cheap to produce.

out of topic:

according to the skill calculator, a Lv.15 Summoning skill has an additional attack of (1.8 x Int), and Int has a +10% bonus per rank.

now this is kinda confusing, if i got 450 Int, that is only 810 as an additional damage, i really don’t know if it’s a significant boost, only way to find out is when i get to test things during release.

You dont really have to worry about ride consuming sp, the only reason you use ride is to immediately cast a skill and hop down, otherwise you would just be trying to look cool, which you would

That is added to the current damage the summon does, i don’t know if they nerfed the status of the cards, but for example, the Necroventer card gave a 1.2k damage x2 (x2 because the necroventer basic attack is a double attack) with full INT the level i had at the time was 15x), i could reach 2.4k x2, note that the stats where buggy and showed extra points on iCBT.

interesting, by the way, can AOE of summon destroy Ice Walls and does it also produce shards? or it’s only applicable to physical attacks and Psychic Pressure?

I can’t say for sure since i never tried Cryo, or didn’t found one to try it out, but i would guess if it is physical type attacks then it would work, but on mount, if am not mistaken, all the skills are element based, of course, the basic attacks are there on the skill bar too to be used, i just am not sure if some of them are considered physical attacks or elemental attacks.

It doesnt create shards, but I can’t be sure if it is in kOBT, probably not. It did not create shards from melee summon attacks when I was playing cryo3-sorc

Ah, as i thought, even basic attacks are elemental type.

So yeah, it won’t trigger the shards from ice wall.

If this is what it looks like, it’s good to see another reported bug getting fixed.