Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer: Summon Familiar dealing incorrect damage

Date and Time: 2/26/2020, 10:18PM CST

Server Name: Klaipeda

Team Name: Apocrypha

Character Name: Phantasm

Bug Description: Sorcerer’s skill Summon Familiar is not correctly taking Magic Attack into account for its damage. I suspect there’s a bug with the skill where it’s not reading the player’s Magic Attack.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Be a Sorcerer with over 10k MATK (in my case I have over 18k)
  2. Cast Summon Familiar
  3. Attack a nearby enemy so that the bats from Summon Familiar aggro into the enemy
  4. Compare that damage with the damage of skills with similar SFR ratings

Screenshots / Video:
Summon Familiar listed as 1919% Skill Factor

Desmodus listed as 2072% Skill Factor

Summon Familiar Damage

Desmodus Damage

3 Likes

Greetings @Apocrypha,

Kindly send us a support ticket with the details of your concern to further investigate the matter.

1 Like

Just did. Hope it’s something y’all can take a look at! It’s one of my favorite skills.

I’m sure other people more familiar with Summoner will confirm this, but I think the “bats” are considered as a summon, therefore use 25% of your MATK as their basic attack. The “4320” damage I see on the screenshot seems therefore totally normal for your bats if you have something like 18k MATK. The SFR of the skill (1919%) corresponds to the damage the bats will do when they explode, which should occur at the end of the skill duration (60s).

They are in fact considered a summon (their damage is boosted by Desmodus), but the tooltip specifies that their “basic attack” is the explosion. It’s all they do. They collide into the target and explode when you attack or are attacked. They also don’t explode at the end of the skill duration, they just disappear. This can be confirmed through testing.

Essentially, if what you are saying is correct (and I suspect it’s close to the truth), then my original point stands: the damage of the skill doesn’t correspond at all with what is listed on the tooltip, when it should. Either the skill is bugged (and therefore should be fixed to match those damage values), or this is an intentional design decision (which would render the skill useless in every sense, but also doesn’t fix the discrepancy between the tooltip and the skill’s actual damage).

Have you tried to apply Desmodus’, or Gather Corpse’s, debuff on the enemy to see if the damage increases?

^^^^^^^^^
I already did. Goes from 4k to about 22k.

This. The behavior of the bats was changed a while ago from “explode on enemies” to “walk around and attack stuff for one minute”. The tooltip is simply incorrect. No idea about the SFR of the skill, I was under the impression that it was applied in the end when the bats actually “exploded”. Need confirmation from people actually using the skill intensively, because I don’t use it on my Sorcerer (I always found it crap).

They don’t even do that though, their behavior is identical to how it was previously, which says to me that the damage formula was applied, but the behavior changes were not.

Well the problem still applies to this day on Silute. I have 22000 MATK. My Summon Familiar deals around 3~7k too. My Basic Attack deals 12k damage. Clearly there’s something wrong, no skill with 1535% tolltip Skill Factor do less damage than a Basic Attack.

2 Likes