Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Riding Skill

So… I was gonna go with a sorcerer C1 Necormancer C3 build.
After seeing the videos on the Sorcerer mega info thread, I saw Riding is such a cool skill and decided to go at least Sorc2.

However, I still like to have skeleton summoning, so my question is should I mix the 2 together or separate them out so that each build is dedicated. (Sorc2Necro2 or Sorc1Necro3 + Sorc3).

I also like some suggestions on the R2-4 class choices. I know cryomancer C3 is meta, but I kinda want something a little different. Most likely Pyro and Linker.

Thanks a bunch

Sorcerer 2, Necro 2 is a popular build. Arguably stronger than Sorcerer 3.
You can mix and match if you want.
Necro 2 can give the decay debuff that increases Templeshooters damage which is really good.

If you don’t mind it being as optimal, Pyro and Linker may be ok. The only problem I see is Pyro’s damage isn’t good and Linker’s Joint Penalty breaks easily, especially if you have skeletons around.

1 Like

I will start of with a very generic ‘‘it’s entirely up to you, as you wish’’ response but I’ll go more into what I personally chose and like what are generally considered good options as well.

2 of the meta builds (Both with cryo3):

Sorc2Necro2:

In terms of raw power it would seem like sorc2necro2 is the better option. Necro also provides a good debuff on monsters that will increase templeshooter (one of the strongest boss cards currently) damage.

Sorc3Sage:

Both are good builds and it really only depends on your preferences. This in part is due to sorc3 skills being weak and sage being heavily a support/utility circle. In my opinion tho sorc3sage builds can reach high enough damage and is even more heavily reliant on the usage of riding skills than sorc2necro2 build. (And obviously sorc3 summoning power is stronger but necro provides more minions to make overall dps at least potentially higher, not in all cases tho. ) This is a build I personally chose and main in game, really love it.

Note:
I want to mention the option of taking wl2/ff2/elementalist3 with a sorcerer 2 builds which some do that are totally viable options to go for but not considered optimal.

Low rank options:

Sorcerer:

Pyromancer c1-3:
Pyromancer is the most popular option for sorcerer right after cryo at low ranks. Personally haven’t tried this build so can’t say much about it but considering the current bad state of pyromancer I wouldn’t recommend it. However if you want to go for such build for thematic reasons or just for fun it’s definitely fine. Damage is currently not high enough and summons don’t receive enchant fire buff, but it does scale with spr.

Linker c1-2:
I wouldn’t personally build linker with sorcerer, it’s not terrible but I feel cryomancer is much better for grouping larger mobs and I find that personally more helpful. Some bosses also have larger aoe skills which in my opinion defeats the purpose of using links.

Necromancer:

Pyromancer c1-3:
Mostly same reasoning as with sorcerer. Less popular I think but with necro even more people go with cryo3 build for meta afk farmer. Only once afk farming comes to an end and when people will be able to reset their characters can we truly get a better perspective on what active necromancer players build.

Linker c1-3:
With necromancer I have different opinion considering linker than with sorc. I personally have built mine with wiz3link2necro3 build and I truly enjoy playing this build. The biggest reason for this was that I didn’t want another cryomancer. And I don’t regret my choice at all, link works nicely with necromancer and wiz3 helps you use skills like flesh cannon and flesh strike. Also while not overly powerful anymore I find link and magic missile combo enjoyable to use and with gather corpse and energy bolt you get a more active role when other skills are on cooldown.

Psychokino c3:
This build in theory could work and I’ve seen only a couple of these but have never heard much comments on it. I don’t suggest doing it unless you want to test it but it’s something I found personally interesting and would love to test it at some point. (Which I why I thought it’s worth mentioning.)

Some blabber on making decisions with builds which you can totally skip reading lol

Personally I’m the type of person who likes to take classes up to c3 in almost all cases, I have a sorc3 and necro3 separately. I feel better playing a class that is more focused into the role it has instead of being a mix of two, even if the mix is better in terms of raw power.

Some things to consider also are future plans for the classes. A lot of people playing sorc2necro2 are set on a path to go necro3 once rank9 hits, personally I dislike this type of option as I don’t get to experience something new. (Then again it’s not certain if new would be better or even good tho…)

There is also always the potential of buffs class can receive, sorc has currently one of the worst c3 skills in game and this could change which could definitely change the value of choosing a sorc3. (But perhaps that’s not something you want to consider as it might not happen.)

There is also now being a rumor that there might be a rank 8 released hidden class for wizards called shadowmancer which can potentially change all this.

Just consider these when deciding on the path you want to make, what do you value in a build.

4 Likes

@Val thanks a bunch, very thorough information. Based on what you wrote, i guess i will play safe and go with cryo3-sorc2-necro2. When you say this one is better in terms of raw power, do you mean comparing to sorc3-sage or sorc1-necro3?

Btw, ur wiz3-link2-necro3 that uses flesh strike, is it an int build or spr/summon build?

In comparison to sorc3sage it has more raw power.
In comparison to sorcnecro3 I think sorcerer builds (c2-3) are more powerful than necros. At least currently.
Next patch should include a better AI improvement for summons which should make necro better than it currently is, don’t have much information on how much better they’ll perform tho.

I do want to mention couple downsides on sorc2necro2 builds. First is that a lot of attributes that necro has are c3 that really define the class better but then again it also requires more investing, also skeleton archers are c3 too. The down side on sorcerer side is that the build heavily favors the usage of templeshooter. There will be lots of new bosses coming soon, temple shooter will stay very relevant and strong but I honestly love the variety and sorc3 builds definitely favor the usage of different bosses. (Honestly I’m a bit biased against this build but don’t be discouraged because of that, it’s still a very good build.)

Also my necro build is currently full int. I do use minions too tho, it was another class entirely and I only class reseted, didn’t stat reset yet.
I’ve been planning on going full spr but I have no hurry with that as I don’t have a strong weapon dedicated to this character yet. Currently I’ve been sharing my sorc rhs so I’ve felt very comfortable with the build, but the moment I start to trans it I obviously can’t do that anymore…
Anyways as all necro summons only take upto 15skill points it’s quite easy to have enough point to also max flesh cannon and strike and still have points left for other stuff. Personally with my build don’t think full INT is bad at all either but I’m definitely interested to see how I would do on full SPR build but it does reguire a good weapon.

2 Likes

please don’t forget about thaum1, go pyro2 thaum1 and your full SPR stat spread just helped add damage to all your non-summon attack spells which you will have plenty of even if you choose to go pyro2 sorc2 necro2.

Wow thanks, that’s a great suggestion…
Im back to where i am again: indecisive about my build XD

imho it’s definitely better than going pyro3 or linker1 for your rank4. as for going cryo3 instead it’s a matter of preference. Personally I’ve tried three sorcerer builds, cryo3-sorc2-necro2, cryo3-sorc3-sage and pyro2-thaum1-sorc2-wl2 and the last one is the most fun and versatile of them all for me.

on another note though I think pyro2-thaum1-sorc2-necro2 isn’t bad as well, I just went wl2 because of world bossing but if that’s not your thing necro2 is a solid choice as well

1 Like

To add, going thaum1 also helps farming rare materials. I’ve been farming Terralion lately and getting 2 brown colimen flowers instead of 1 is sweet. Really saves time when you consider the drop rate of 0.4%. What more when I start farming for my 315 weapon…

1 Like

also makes finding gold or silver shiny mobs even more satisfying

Speaking of which, what does gold monster do?
I’ve encountered one but not sure what was the loot.
I know silver monsters drop a bunch of silver and few scrolls.

gold is a better silver shiny basically. They both multiply silver and drop rates of the monster. In 315 mat farming maps a silver shiny gives around 300-400k silver with swell body, while gold gives around 1.2 to 1.4m? just rough estimates lol but yes basically our point was going thaum 1 for your rank 4 class gives you access to swell body which doubles swelled monster drops

300-400k with swell body, so 150-200k without swell body…
I dont remember making that much money when i encountered silver mobs in 315 content XD

Thanks for the info though.

Hi all, I decided to get pyro3 for R2-4, and i absolutely love it! It is much more fun to cast AoE fire spells while your summons do damages. Crowd control of cryo is useful but less damage and less fun IMO.

So the question i have now is, skill point distribution for pyro.

My level is not very high yet (170, R5, pyro3-sorc1), currently grinding at demon prison. I find hell breath, fire pillar, flame ground to be the most useful, but seems like people discourage maxing flame ground and hell breath.
Since enchant fire is now 5 mins duration regardless, should i leave it at 1 or is lv15 a significant boost in damage? (Full SPR build btw, may go INT/SPR hybrid after hearing people’s opinions)

Thanks a bunch.

I run a Pyro2, so I got no comment regarding Hell Breath.

So far I’ve noted that people discourage the main damage spells (Fire Pillar, Flame Ground, Fire Ball) because the skill factor (the multiplier) doesn’t scale very well as you increase the spell level. The spells being promoted are Enchant Fire and Flare. Enchant Fire adds an extra line and increases your MATK (on which all skill multipliers are based). Flare, while kinda hard to use since it requires the burning status, has a very high damage multiplier, since it deals damage comparable to normal attacks from my Netherbovine.

Fire Wall is debatable, as usual. I’m pro-Fire Wall since it gives me another spell in my rotation.

Also, Enchant Fire treats SPR and INT equally, so it doesn’t matter if you’re full SPR, full INT, or a hybrid of the two.

@8-ball thanks for the info.
And yes, i know int and spr affect enchant fire equally. Im just wondering whether i should max it or leave it at 1 just for that extra line of damage.