Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer or Elementalist C2?

Hello, i’m currently a R4 almost level 15 and I just can’t decide, I’m currently

Wizard > Pyro > Psycho > Elementalist
stats:
160~ Int
50~ SPR

so what do you think its better? I like the animation/damage of Meteor but i read it takes 1s per skill level, and for sorcerer i think its great that you can use your cards from bosses as summons, but i read that it consumes hellalot of SP and as you can see i don’t have that much SP xDD

I would appreciate your comments :slight_smile:

if you wanna be a efficient elementalist and your build its not optimal for that, elementalist its very strong at C3, weak at C1 and regular at C2.

More things, if you wanna go ele you need wiz 3.

When you build a class, you need to know what you want to be and your gameplay style.

The most important thing, dont mix elementalist with sorcerer, its nonsense, sorcerer have a build path, and elementalist have a build path totally in the opposite direction.

You cant have a build with Area skills and summons because in the end you gonna be a mage that have mediocre aoe skill damages and mediocre damage summons.

thank you, because it was my first character i wanted to try different classes to see which one was more fun to play with, i didn’t like wizard :p, i loved pyro, psycho+pyro is fun and elementalist too.

But i’m way too noob tbh :stuck_out_tongue: so i thought “maybe forums could help me to decide”.

Mmm so by your comment i’m guessing the best would be to get Elementalist C2 > C3 , instead of Sorcerer/EleC2 > Necromancer ( i think necro is hella fun too to play )

I’m newbie in this game, but from what I’ve read so far I can tell you this much (someone can correct me if I’m wrong). So far you used all different classes, and ‘jack’s of all trades’ are quite "unimpressive’ to say the least - better to stick with at least one c2
From the point where you are (if you want to stick with this char) - I would go Ele2.

The problem its that elementalist its a circle very cast heavy, and for that reason you need Wizard 3, that have quick cast a skill that reduce our skill cast time to 50% and with the atribute from that skill you have a bonus 50% all the time.

your build a little strange xD, but yes i think, that you need to stick to elementalist.

I’m hella noob too xD when i knew there was an early access was like 3 days before the launch of EA.

I was going to be Pyro C2 (as said above i didn’t like wizard class, so wiz c3 was a big no-no for me :P) but i saw the Psy+Pyro combo and liked alot :stuck_out_tongue: so i went that way.

I think there was an attribute for Meteor which increased the Evasion by 50% or something like that at lvl 5, this is my first character, i might create just a new one and make it W3 > Ele3 even if i liked pyro alot :stuck_out_tongue: jaja

Honestly, you made poor class choices. PyroKino is not that bad but doesn’t seem to work well with Elementalist.

Elementalist has a lot of cast time so you NEED Wiz 3.

Wiz 3 is really boring to play at least until you get Magic Missile and Quickcast.

Well usually you have to first choose your main class that you’d like to build your char around and after that complement its weaknesses with classes that have some nice utility skills (like wizards shield, surespell and fast casting) or enchance it all around with support classes (like chrono or thaumaturge) - usually that means hard beginnings (which anyway go quickly, so no much pain there) with classes that you dont like - like w3 in your case, or buffer classes which dont add much to your “arsenale” (number of your attack skills) - but makes your main attacks much more deadly. Anyhow - the first step, and often the hardest is to choose the main class - and with the rest will help you builds created with more expirienced players for this specific class.

yeah :stuck_out_tongue: I now know :stuck_out_tongue: I mean when i was choosing “what to be” i was like "ok so rank 7 is a bunch of skills and Warlock is the most interesting, of course i searched for “popular builds” and the most popular where “Wiz3 and Ele3 > warlock” and “W1 > Pyro2>Ele3>Warlock” but when looking at the skills i was like “ok so i can try circles2-3 of a skill or trying different classes to see “which one is the funner”” but wiz2-3 was a “MEH”.

TBH i’m not that competitive so idc if its bad for PVP, i care for PVE which makes me enjoy the time with my friends :stuck_out_tongue: i appreciate that people tell me “your build is incorrect” or “hey, try this one, its better”.

So i appreciate the ones that have answered and helped me, i might sooner or later create a wizard again (because you can’t reset circles AFAIK and try wiz3 > Ele3, not that hyped tbh because i think wiz3 is not that amazing, but oh well :stuck_out_tongue: I might be wrong.

The point is, when you have Ele and Warlock your Pyro and Psycho C1 skills won’t be useful at all.

Wiz 3 gives you +50% magical damage and -50% cast time, so all your damage get a huge boost.

Well about rank 7 it also depends is you plan on playing one character for a while and then abandon it and go for another one, or if you’d like to stick to one, or even if starting second you plan to come back to first at some point, since there are a top of 10 ranks in the future (or so i’ve heard) - of course we dont know what new classes will bring, but it may not be the worst idea to invest in some support class as the rank 7.

Btw. is there a posibility to reset your skills/classes via cash shop or otherwise? Especially if you gone very far in game and realized that you choose one wrong class early on, or if there is update with new ranks that would change your build entirely, allowing for c3 from some class that wouldn’t be available ealier?

As far as i know, there’s a Skill Reset Potion, which resets the skill points used in the Circles, Although, it does not resets the circles, like “ah oops, i picked cryo and wanted pyro” i made a mistake by leveling teleportation in psycho (thought it was needed 15 points to be used before changing class) . Maybe in a future it might be available.

Btw for the notice of the Rank 10, maybe its rank 9, due to the fact that for example Warlock is only at Circle 1, so Rank8 and Rank9 should add the possibility to rank Warlock to C3, will R8 and R9 add new skill types? i dunno i don’t think so :stuck_out_tongue:

W8 - so points have to be actually used to advance for the new circle or they just have to be obtained, and can later be redistributed across the class - at least the skill simulator is implying that it can be done (save points from first circle to add more points in circle 3).

Sorry for the off-topic xP

About the ranks i imagine that there won’t be any changes - warlock will get 2nd and 3rd rank, but there will be new classes in which some would be able to advance to c2 and some to c1 only.

It seems, that the points can be saved but between the same circles :stuck_out_tongue: which is kinda a shame :stuck_out_tongue: because i would not level teleport in order to have 5 more points in Ele2/Ele3 :stuck_out_tongue: but oh well

I’m looking forward an apocaliptic class for R10 if that’s the case XD
(a C1 only)

Go elementalist, he is on top tier 1 in earth tower.

i don’t know what Earth Tower is :stuck_out_tongue: but it sounds “hard” or “demanding” so Ok :stuck_out_tongue: thank you

This is highness level dungeon in game at moment. :smiley:

Top tier KR server:

http://m.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4185&l=9360

Level 260… wow i’m WAY below that xDDD

The great thing about this game is that you are able to theory craft and make any build you want.
For you, I’d think of Cyro, Sorc, Wiz C2, Linker, Chrono, Psy c2.

Cyro becuase fireball + icewall + psychic pressure would be a really strong combo.
Fireball + PP already does a ton of damage, but it’s limited because the fireball moves away. With an icewall behind the fireball; you can get a full duration fireball PP blast which also shoots icewall. PP+Icewall already one shots bosses, PP+icewall+FB probably would cut down a mission bosses health by a lot if you did it while in a safety wall!

Sorc is great because the BUFFS. AoE Ratio, SP recovery, and +50 dark property are amazing buffs. Plus with a pet, you can jump around casting your skills as it does DPS, that’s pretty nice.

Wiz C2 because sure spell. Getting your skills canceled all the time sucks. SureSpell saves you from that (unless you get hard cc’d).

Linker. JP+HK are amazing. Shared damage on 5 mobs is great, you can never go wrong with linker, works with everything.

Chrono is even possible because stop and slow. Slow will allow you to get your long Ele casts off before mobs slap you in the face, and Stop is the amazing skill for you. can drop stop on a boss too… plop down all your fireballs on the monsters, then cast hail and prominence - once the stop duration ends, the monsters will be incinerated. Sucks that stop cool down is long.

Psy C2 just for the stun attribute. This will allow you to mob, drop your flame ground, and stun them all ontop of it.

Don’t listen to the guys in this thread, and come up with your own build. Be unique! You’ve already proved that you can level up just fine with the build you currently have. Don’t go boring meta and find something else that works.

1 Like

The “diversity” class theory its really nice before Rank6, Rank 6-7 its the real check for your build most of the time.

I am the opinion of Wiz1 or Wiz3, dont go for Wiz2 ever, kino have great synergy with quick cast.