Tree of Savior Forum

[Sorcerer] New Spells, Tweaks and Quality of Life

Hello everyone,

So this is gonna be a long post so I’ll try to be as precise as possible.
I didn’t make this post to ask for changes or anything but more like showing what I have in mind when I see the Sorcerer and it’s theme.

I know a lot of players, me included, feel like the Sorcerer is kind of lackluster as a class, not because it’s a pseudo-support class but rather because it’s fantasy is not really being tapped on.

Having said this, I need to clarify one thing:

When I talk about it’s “fantasy” it’s really going to the core of its theme which is so far related to summoning demons, devils, familiars, and servants or what have you.
This class basically calls upon the folklore of what’s a Witch or an old school wizard. You have you black cat, your bats, the general dark arts theme etc so many could think that this theme wasn’t really developed to it’s fullest and that leaves kind of the feeling the mark is almost missed.

Now, onto the technical part, but I’ll keep it short:

We inherently lack control, and that’s not talking about the A.I being a bit wonky at times. We have our Sorcerers having delayed control to a second circle which leaves many points unspent on circle 2 or spent on circle one but won’t be used once hit circle three.
Basically, that means Sorcerer is only good at Summoning if you go circle 2 but you could already leave it at 1 for a higher ranked class.

What I propose with the following chart is that we bring some of the Sorcerer’s power back into circle, at the cost of committing fully to Summoning, to allow some space for new direct combat spells for circle 2 as well as a circle 3 bringing total Synergy, or at least allowing a more varied gameplay, by bringing more tools for the Sorcerer to use it’s basic spells to the fullest.

Please bear with me and read through this chart and see what I envisioned.
My interpretation of the sorcerer is really specific but I thought I’d share it with you all:

If you find a typo, please tell me, and if you have any questions, I’m here to answer.

I’ll remind you this is not what I want the Sorcerer to become but more like to show how this class inspired me.

I hope you like the ideas and if I see enough praise I guess I could try to make some graphic work to illustrate better.

Thank you all! :grinning:

My only issue with this is it takes away from the pet theme of the class if you want direct damage skills why not just go sorc c2 and warlock, you accomplish the same thing.

First of all thanks for replying, I get your point concerning the pet theme, while I get the concern I still think that the theme remains intact since, well, no spells were removed and all the C3 spells are now synergizing with C1 spells.

My point of view, like I explained in the post, is that there’s much more to the summoning theme than just having following creatures. I thought that summoning a demon temporarily would be a good fit as well.

If you want an example you could argue that the servant cat is just a fancy party buff or that the familiars are a limited count Enchant Fire.

It doesn’t have to be pets following, but bringing a fancy entity to do its task, whether it’s buffing, doing sustained damage as the form of a pet, a damage boost as expendable bats or channeling a demon through your being to unlock demonic powers. Summoning creatures and doing direct damage is not really mutually exclusive if you will.

It’s all a matter of perspective and less about strictly making new pets.

One could also argue Sorcerers and Necromancers are kinds of redundant but both are summoning creatures or entities to do their bidding. :laughing:

Though the sorcerer really caters to dark magic and demonology in an old fashioned way while necromancy is a very specific form of magic in itself it’s still the necromancer who has the direct combat capacities but it doesn’t mean the Sorcerer can’t have a bit as well (When you think about it, the C3 spells of the Sorcerer were especially made to allow them direct damage so the intention is already there).

Both are completely valid even if you can find some overlapping between the two but that’s what is interesting because each theme are very unique and deserve to be explored a bit more in my eyes because witchcraft doesn’t have to stop at having a giant devil following you. At the same time that’s why I wanted a bit more of interaction between spells. :stuck_out_tongue:

I get what your saying with the flavor of summoning monsters for single attacks and other effects etc. But from a game play stand point it makes the class the same as every other direct dps. I would rather they keep the pet thing and just make it better.

Edit: We really don’t need a 3rd warlock/elementalist