Tree of Savior Forum

Sorc1 - redeeming qualities?

What can and can’t you do well without c2 skills? In what areas of gameplay (grind/mobs/bosses) CAN sorc do well in without hold or attack ground? Sorc2 is not an option for me :frowning: Thanks in advance.

Seriously, don’t take Sorc C1 only, here’s why:

• Templeshooter stops mana regen and drains constant mana, if he is not worth the time he is up, you will only cause yourself problems.

• Riding allows you to use Summons skills, Templeshooter has 1 very good skill and 2 better than meh skills, also while riding you don’t take damage.

• Without control skills you have a stupid follower, yes, I use it as a stupid follower like 70% of the time because it works better if you use ride a lot. You can have little issues if you get used to only kiting around templeshooter.

• You need to invest in a card that is only worth for this and level it up to 10 stars.

May I ask you your current build? You should consider dropping some less important rank, Sorc 2 should only be lefted behind if you are taking Alchemist or Necro 2 or maybe Sorc > Necro > Warlock, but only for those cases.

1 Like

For this character the plan is

Wiz>Cryo3>linker> X >Warlock

Currently almost at “X”. I’m not nterested in linker2 since I already have ice pillar + 5 links and cryo skills to bind after casting hangman. Giving up warlock’s c1 is questionable but I haven’t tested it in action with JP/HK so…

You mentioned you can learn to use your summon without commands 70% of the time? That sounds even better than expected. Having a summon when you need it and not at all times was an interesting idea to me. Also, the cat.

The lessened damage and lack of riding g is OK with me if it means keeping that extra rank. Having no experience with sorc, I’m just very lost as to whether it can still be used for general purposes without it’s control skills. In dungeons can I keep it in de-summoned for mobs and reliably use it on bosses?

Necro1 you think? :x

I am sorry to intervene. But is it a sane idea to take Sorc C1 just for the bats and the cat instead of Warlock in wiz3ele3 build?

@arkova honestly I would not recommend going the sorc route with your current build. Especially since you’re not going for sorc 2 as well.

It’s true you can ‘learn’ to use your summons without commands, but that will involve you manipulating the ai.

For example, if a boss knocks you back out of summon leash range, your summon will stop attacking and run back to you, forcing you to walk right back into boss range, stop for a few seconds so your summon ai can catch up and retarget the boss and even then, there’s the leash range to think about, you can barely take 8 steps in any direction without the summon breaking off whatever it’s doing and chasing you.

The cat is good, but remember you’re entering a class that if, you focus only on the cat, you’re ditching the other skills as well.

However if you STILL wish to run a sorceror after all that, I’d advise ditching summoning and maxing out Summon Familiar / Summon Servant / Salamion.

Also @kreismann No it is not xD Go Lock.

1 Like

Look, Hangman’s Knot has low CD, it’s a substitute for Frost Pillar on a smaler scale. I wouldn’t advise you to take Sorc C1 only, you should either drop linker or one rank of cryo. If what you are thinking about is PvP you’d already have Subzero Shield, which is probably the best defensive skill for that.

You can also take linker 2, I think it adds more for you if you’re not looking into PvP mode only. If it’s PvP take Kino.

Alright guys I appreciate the input a lot. Sorc sounded neat but I guess from your deacriptions it would just wind up as a gimmick skillset.

Im going for the Wiz3-Link-Sorc-Necro2

Sorc will just help me with rotate skills like familiars, with linkers and qc are not so bad and the fkking catty buffer, so… idk already if get salamion or summoning … or doing 5/0 or 4/1… so maybe u can say “OHH” just for 2 skills u go sorceres… mmm… sorc c1 only have 4 skills and u max only 3… so yes… u use the 66% more or less good and the third one just for have one summon doing crazy things not bad at all.

But i think sorc can do the work great just in c1 ,there is no another one better option in rank 5 for going necro. (Go linker 2 is like die in solo)

The reason linker2 is so unappealing to me in its current state is that you really should get some kind of cd/duration buff on joint or hangman for going c2. Although I can see how it might help in earth tower, having tested c2 before rerolling this character I feel it is not worth it. There are better options.