Tree of Savior Forum

Sorc/Warlock Build. Pros/Cons of Cryo1>Link2 vs Cryo3?

So I’m going for a Sorc/Warlock build, and this is what I originally had in mind:

I’ve seen people recommending Cryo 1>Linker 2 for Sorcerer build, and also that Cryo 3 is a fine choice as well. I’ve actually taken Cryo 2 already, but I’m suddenly having doubts, since I realise now there are way more people recommending Linker. Is Linker 2 generally superior?

I haven’t seen anyone really directly comparing the two options so as the title says, what are the strengths and weaknesses of either build? Most people just say “yeah Cryo 3 is okay too” but that sounds like Cryo 3 isn’t the best choice per se.

The two classes are close enough in this build that its really personal preference more than anything else.

Linker’s purpose is to let you hit all your targets more easily. Cryo3 has two really strong enemy gathering skills.

Go cryo3, it will be better at endgame and MUCH better at PvP.

Subzero Shield is a beast, Frost Pillar is the best skill ever for late game content (literally, that and Barrier Scrolls are what you want for Earth Tower)

You may feel some sort of lack of links since they work well with Summons, but if you freeze them and use positioning for summon it should do fine.

I had almost the same dilemma, wanting to Sorc, except I already took Wiz > Cryo > Link then read about how good Cryo C3 is so I couldn’t take linker back lol.

Someone mentioned in my other thread that the main reason people like Link 2 is for the party buffs (if you have Krivis or scroll) and enemy links for mob control. They said that Cryo 3 by itself offers enough mob control for later dungeons so no one should care much if Linker 2 wasn’t present, and in place of sharing party buffs and linking you get to offer more damage with sorc.

Cryo 1 does not offer much by itself. It really shines at C3 (I’m sure you read already) – which also is really useful in PVP/GVG apparently. But in my thread they did suggest you could leave Cryo at C2 if you wanted Link C2 (so, Wiz > C2 > L2 > Sorc2). This will give you time to decide if you still want to go Sorc at rank 6 or finish Cryo to C3, and by then hopefully rank 8 will be out D:

From playing Link C1 I do see how it is useful and I’ve noticed people really appreciated it in the L50 dungeon. I really wanted to go sorc, but the more I party with people the more I want to level link to C2 =.= So I’m probably skipping the sorc idea now

Alright thanks for the responses guys :slight_smile: This makes me feel better about my build.