Tree of Savior Forum

Sorc or Necro? which one is superior?

which one is better at late game???
im a w2 kino3 …i know I should choose what is suitable with my playstle but i want to ask ur opinion about late game experience (which i never reach lvl 200) so enlight me with ur experience

Sorc1 Necro2 :
Pro :

• i have bigger army
  • TS and Soggoth nice damage + Agresive Salamion and Corpse tower add more DPS
  • i use less SP and save some times than sorc2 (Riding + TS Skill + Morph + Ride + TS Skill + Summoning etc)
  • i can just watch my summons attack monster and doing nothing and still have DPS
  • I dont need to always relocate my TS as all i need is to stay close to boss/mob, which mean i tank for myself
  • at pvp tbl i have TS + Soggoth + Salamiion + 5 Bats + 5 Skele + 1 Corpse tower + 1 Dirty Pole to distract enemy’s skill (Telekinesis/ Snipe/ Coursing)

cons :

• i cant command my TS to be in the firstline to tank and take the first damage from mob/boss by using HOLD skill, i will always get to the mob/boss first to bait the TS to attack, if i run to avoid damage, my TS also stop attacking and run, while soggoth and skeleton will stay attacking
  • i dont know which one is better?? to loose TS multishot skill?? or having 1 corpse tower and 5 skeleton
  • at pvp TBL when i use Raise at group enemy i just can summon my armies and hope they can kill the enemy within 10 seconds
  • Skeleton HP is bad when facing boss

or

Sorc2 Necro1 ???
pros :

• I can send my TS to tank and I come last to the mob sending (only) Soggoth to add more damage
  • I have a nice TS Skill (MultiShot) to do DPS to boss/mob/player
  • when i pvp TBL and i success cast Raise on enemy… i can ride my TS and cast its skill while my soggoth + Salamion add a nice little damage
  • if i can aim correctly… i can inflict a lot of damage by using TS multishot skill, and that is nice at pvp TBL or GVG

cons :

• My summon only TS + Soggoth as DPS and Salamion as additional DPS
  • i have more busy times by doing Riding + TS Skill + Morph + Ride + TS Skill + Summoning and those skill spend a lot of SP
  • i can watch my summons attack monster from far far away and doing nothing but i will have less DPS than necro 2 army
  • I need to always relocate my TS to tank for me and when i facing large area with a lot of mob (like DG) it kinda wasting time and SP to constantly cast HOLD skill
  • I rarely use TS Multishot to hit mob or non elite monster because is waste too much SP and hard to target the mob (as this skill target the closest monster and strangely change direction even i target the monster)

i have read other forum about this topic but I havent found an answer to make sure which build is effective for Mob, Grinding, Boss, PVP TBL, PVP GVG?

thanks for the anwer

1 Like

You pick Necro 2 if you want:

• Legal AFK farm
  • Farm mobs, solo dungeon (better with Linker 2 or 3)
  • Annoy others in PVP
  • Nice burst from Flesh cannon (if you have Wiz 3)
  • Nice damage reduction for world boss

You pick Sor 2 if you want:

• Interesting gameplay (ride)
  • Reliable minion.
  • Reliable DPS for all kind of boss raid (especially those bosses that can knock back)
  • A good magic DD summon for ET (Helgasercle???)

A good magic DD summon for ET (Helgasercle???) what is this??

I heard Helgasercle have a 3 sec CD AOE skill which deal magic damage.

wiz3linksorc2lock is awesome for everything u wanna do, and this build is better for high damage than necro 3

here a video in Et

Regarding Sorc though, won’t the class have a really hard time scaling up since summon scales off INT and not magic atk per se (so no benefit from all the high base form new weapons+transcendence %boosts)?

@yurichalps

If you go full INT, no.

Summoning is DPS utility, you don’t have to recast him so you should not consider him as a DPS skill when you make calculations, but a DPS buff.

That makes some sense. I guess getting only rank 1 of Sorcerer would be the best idea if (hopefully when) they fix summon’s AI. You’d get access to servant’s buffs and summoning’s DPS buff as you put it, without the need of 2 circles (could get another rank of linker instead for instance).

@yurichalps

Yes, it is viable.

Summoning becomes more reliable with the use of Hold and makes much more damage with Ride

I can do 70~100k bursts every 20 seconds for example, losing only ~4 seconds of my rotation, while keeping his DPS add of ~5k/second.

@yurichalps @moises_andre12

I have ever seen a sorc1 necro 2 do a solo dg… And the ts is just horrible… Ts feels like there only for decoration…he didnt attack…because the range between caster and ts must be closer while the sorc keep avoiding the mob…so necro summon do more damage ,thats why sor2 more reliable…

@lexiano1802

Look at my Wiz 3 > Linker > Sorc 2 > Warlock thread again, there’s a video of me doing full run of level 145 dungeon in 28 minutes (was still much more than my average, took the wrong path and and left some mobs behind once too)

Please also do not look only at my 1st or 2nd rapid shot because I did it very poorly in the beginning.