Tree of Savior Forum

Sorc/Necro/Warlock Need Advice for build

Hello. Let’s get to the point. I need help for choosing my build. I initially plan to build Wiz-Cyro 3-Sorc 2-WL 2. Then past few days, i looked at forum and somehow Necro pique my choice of build. So here are my thoughts:

1. Wiz-Cyro 3-Sorc 2-WL 2 (initiall build)

2. Wiz-Cyro 3-Sorc- 2-Necro 2

3. Wiz-Cyro 3-Sorc-Necro 3

4. Wiz-Cyro 1-Kino 1- Linker 2- Necro 3

My questions are:

1. Does necro’s minion consume SP just like sorc?

2. What stat points do you input usually for summoner class like this?

3. I read that your summons won’t tele to your position if your too far away from them. Is this true?

I need your advice which build is good for PvE. I know well that some of those build gonna cost me a lot of SP pots. And since there are so many necro vs sorc thread lately, it only further confuse me to choose my build.

I appreciate if you give me other possible builds involving sorc/necro, but i dont clicked well with wiz3. Just dont like it somehow.

Thanks in advance :grinning::grinning:

1. It does not drain your SP

2. For main Sorc you need high INT (the summon only scale with INT); for main Necro you maybe still need high INT (although no need as high as Sorc main)

3. The necro summons will teleport to you only after if it kill the enemy; if your summon do not tele to you, most likely yours is dead (Im not sure if there are difference between “far” and “too far”, i only test “far”)

For build, not much I can recommend since you hate wiz3 :worried:

You should defo. reconsider Wiz3.

I think that most of the players here agree with me, that you maybe lacking damage if you choose to not go Wiz3.

Or are they exceptions ? No idea…but i think its like playing a tank role and not going Peltasta…

cryo3 if you want for pvp
wiz3>link2 -> PVE

i am wiz>cryo3>sorc>necro2 fullCON
and usually top2 DPS on PVE

1 Like

This wasn’t in any patch notes. But necro skeletons now scale with Int. And we also got another patch that gave skeletons a % attribute instead of a flat dmg attribute.

So depending on what you want to do with your necromancer high Int is worth considering.

Thanks for info :grinning: well what i mean by far is it’s not visible on your screen anymore.

it’s not that i dont take wiz3 into account, but it’s just too mainstream lately that i think the class build not really diverse anymore. like when there’s a best build, everyone follow it, thinking anyone outside that build is not good enough.

umm i feel like u are a bit contradicting here. first u said cyro3 for pvp, then u said ur own build is cyro3 and ur top dps for pve. so which one is it?

mind if i ask something else?

1. is it good to take sorc 2 or just 1 circle is enough?

2. is warlock still a good class to take? considering some people said in forum PoA and mastema viabilty still debateable

3. if i choose option 4 for my build, same with question 1, is 1 circle in cyro good enough? consider i have PP and link

Again, thanks in advance

The summons will teleport to you no matter the distance

Your 1st build is quite good, i think. But i don’t really like it because you will have a hard time to use Invocation (all your skills from rank 1->6 can’t proc it). Maybe Warlock still good without it but if i can’t use full of it’s potential, i don’t like it

Your 2nd build is … nope. Backtrack at high rank is risky, if all rank 9 class is bad then this build might be ok, or else …

Your 3rd build, idk. Without Quick Cast, your Flesh Cannon is weak. Without Joint Penalty, your summon is weak (when mobbing)

Your 4th build is quite interesting, at rank 3 of Necro, Dirty Pole will emit “shard” like Ice Wall, combine with Kino 1 might be good. Linker 2 will make you do good in both party and solo. … Maybe (I never play a IW+PP combo class)

cryo is CC, my DPS comes from summons and FC

1. with sorc 2 have more control with our summon, if you are a compilation tank/cc, you can skip c2
  2. still makes good damage
  3. ice wall would break too fast

I see. Thanks for the info. Though im still not sure whether to take usual sorc2-WL combo or change course to necro or even take both sorc necro cause each class are good option. It’s kinda hard deciding to choose only 1 of them.

Also can anyone recommend skill point distribution for sorc and necro? Might help in deciding which build to take. Thanks

After much thought, i decided between these two build:

Wiz-Cyro 3-Sorc-Necro 3 or Wiz-Cyro 1-Kino 1-Link 2- Necro 3

Still i need some more advice before making final decision. Someone care to enlighten me?

Just my opinion, i will go with 2nd build, because the 1st don’t have Linker. Linker is just too strong and flexible, great to make skeletons deal aoe damage. Also in grinding party, I always prefer Linker to Cryo

But if there are a lot of monsters that can resist the link like the one in Maven …

I haven’t play Cryo 3 so maybe I underestimate it, but the cooldown of the main skill (Tree and Snowball) is too damn high to my taste

My main isnt that high yet so im not sure which map have mobs that immune to link.

But yea, it’s tough decision for me to decide between linker or cyro 3. Both class are good CC.

I have the same build as number 3. Be warned, that you damage is significantly low past rank8 maps. Although this build is really good on party/pvp/gvg. Solo is also viable but requires a good setup and it feels good casting these combos out.

Again though, rank8 maps are not easy for this build from what I have encountered. HP is huuugeee. Pick linker if you are purely PVE.

Have u reach necro 3 yet? If yes, how was it? I can only imagine things still good until necro2 with that build. Also, with all these debate on warlock 2 and necro 3, not to mention that other thread said cards can now dropped too, i’m not sure whether to go back to my initial build again (sorc2-warlock2) or either cyro3-linker-necro 3 or sorc-necro 3.

Like i love both sorc and necro, but to make 2 diff build just gonna take too much time. So i wanna make sure i choose the right build before i sacrifice a class. @Darkness2

Edit: idk why lately, i cant reply directly to someone’s comment though im sure i clicked reply button on that specific comment

Wiz 3 > Linker > Sorc 2 > Warlock 2 is still pretty solid.

TS has high base damage and does physical attacks so JP + TS can do large sums of damage to those mobs Wizards can’t kill.

Linker 1 with Dandel Gem is very solid, without it, it’s not as much. The thing is, it’s a 1~5m item that makes any Linker C1 build 20% stronger (in both #targets and #hits), it can NOT be overlooked.

Familiar Base damage at level 10 = 80% of your matk (mine got ~1190 base damage as of now). Got ~300 atk prperties, 74 mamp and 1450 matk, using Catacombs Club before I get some nasty level 315 equipment so I can transcend it.

I currently, at level 280, level 9 DT, 10 Familairs and 5 MM, with attributes at level 50 and DT ~58 I am dealing ~9k on DT, ~8k on familiars and ~5k on MM. DT + Familiars is 40 hits at C2, 55 at C3, with familiars having ~5% to do splash damage I can easily fill all of that in ~2 seconds after I cast JP. 9k x 30 = 270k, 10 x 8k = 80k, that is 350k per mob, +5 ticks if 1 familiar splashes means +40k per mob = 390k per mob. I got level 50 attributes, I still can use another Linker in party with MM, Mastema, PoA (2OH with scroll if needed) TS and Invocation.

The thing is, this build is all high-damage ticks burst, even TS has a burst skill (though he is simply a DPS buff), which is what this game is all about.

Meanwhile you still provide +5 AoE attack ratio for meelee players (very good since archers and sman rely a lot on that, and it’s pretty hard to get) and, the most important, get ready for Warlock C3.

Seriously, everyone got high hopes for it, so you got the ultimate Wizard combo for Linked mobs, a sidekick for facetanking while you combo-explode packs in 3 seconds.

I’m not saying Linker 2 > Necro 3 is bad, it’s not, but it’s a much more supportive DPS role, like Linker 3 > Warlock 2, which is already considered the best Wizard build, despite lacking a set of DPS skills.

2 Likes

thanks for the explanation. have u tried new maps yet with this build? i know there’s other thread discussing current WL 2 but since it’s very long, i only get more confused the more i read it.

and is there any other possible build u can recommend beside wiz 3? since im not really into it. possibly involving cyro. also, just curious, do u play necro too? @moises_andre12

DoTs (PoA/Mastema) have very good scaling with Quickcast.

You can pick anything else as long as you have Linker C2~3. Wiz 3 is what makes it possible for you to deal a huge burst within the 60 Hit Count limit of Linker C1.

The problem is you lose Quickcast for any future awesome DD skill. +50% damage is a lot considering Wizards can’t crit.

Pyro Linker Warlock might work well with Agni Necklace. Cryo is either PvP or Chrono build, there is no trading Wiz 3 or Pyro > Linker for Cryo in terms of DPS.

I see. Thanks. I might need to think for a while before deciding to ditch cyro.