Tree of Savior Forum

Some necro questions

Hello ! I’m actually necro C2 (lvl 232) going C3 …
Here is the build I’m planning to complete :

My mistake (i guess) was to put points in Summon Salamion, which is a really bad summon, no passive to increase its damage and other passives are sorc C2 (no idea if they are good).

Actually I have 2 points in Shoggoth and was wondering if it’s a good idea to go lvl 5 or save points for other skills (mby more in corpse tower ?)
I don’t like flesh hoop, I put 1 point in it just to get the debuff on bosses.

Is corpse tower lvl 10 a good idea or should I keep this actual build ? (shoggoth 5 corpse tower 7).

I now have full virtov armor set, no idea what to put in gloves, mby a monster gem but which one …

Last thing, is flash strike a good skill ? I’m a little afraid of it’s high casting time but damage looks nice.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Necromancer is bad in high lv maps.
Today’s necromancer is for dina bee farm.
Sorcerer was a mistake as summon drains sp.
You should have go to linker 2 or Thauma to boost your pyro damage.

It doesn’t answer my questions ^^

I wouldnt worry about increasing Shoggoth, level 1-2 is fine it moves to slow to be very viable as it is (ok cone aoe but it takes forever to actually attack).

Corpse tower could be a nice alternative i cant say its damage will be much greater but it is a stationary summon with ranged attacks, at least that way u have a garrenteed “fluff” damage vs the waiting game Shoggoth brings.

Only thing I myself like about the Shoggoth is the ability to decay enemys once its summoned for like 4-5min if I recall right.

Flash strike is like Necros vesion of meteor from what Ive read myself i think 1 point is enough in it atm, you could go more but that is your choice since u lack quickcast couldnt be tuff to pull off.

If you plan on a “pet” build of sorts id consider maybe grabbing Sorc 2 once u finish Necro3 in the future just for Ride and Morph not to mention pet control skills like Hold and Attack ground.

Thx for your advices ! I’ll put only 2 points in shoggoth then :wink:

What are you planning to do with this char? Summons of necro deal irrelevant damage for lvl 200+ content. They are only meat shield. So it will be literally no point to taking necro2 and 3. This char is useless. Flesh Strike has 60 cooldown and deals like 50k damage in a very small aoe. While monsters at lvl280+ have like 250-300k hp and very high mdef.
The current game is like easy levelling in party to lvl 290, where you can basically kill everything with pyro3, or you can just do nothing, your random party will kill them all. Then it is a few dungeon runs at lvl290 and you will be lvl317.
Your character will mostly deal 1damage to all mosters, so I dont really get what are you going to do. As it has been said, necro2-3 is for afk farming at dina bee only only.

20s cooldown

/20char

Sorry, I meant Flesh Strike!

Corpse tower is really bad. It hits only one enemy at a rather slow pace, and its damage doesn’t even scale with matk, I don’t know on what it is based, but even with 2k matk my corpse tower managed to hit 400 per hit.

All summons of all classes don’t scale with matk or patk but with stat (yea it sux). Your tower is doing 400 dmg ? mine 1300 on lvl 2 … @_@ ?

@raydensorc I’m not playing to be top dps, not planning to PVP, just playing for fun with some friends.I don’t think skeletons will do 1 dmg even on later game, unless I attacj mobs level 10 or more higher than my level :o

I don’t want to be like most of wizard players, this would be pretty boring (even if it’s the best)

^^

Forenote :

• Points marked by (?) is based on reading post of other people, thus i’m not sure of the validity and may need further testing.
  • Bolded and Italic sentence is edited as wrong based on other’s clarification

Necro pros :

• I read the corpse attack is physical based, although it takes your MATK, it will calculate through enemies PDEF instead of MDEF (?)[1]. This is good because higher leveled enemies generally have insane MDEF, but lower PDEF. So, the MATK threshold you have to pass w/ Necro is significantly lower[1]
  • In auto-parties, the corpse will revert back to its original amount before entering the instance. So, if you have 300 corpse, you can still run out of corpse in the middle of instance, but after you’re warped back the value (whether it increase or decrease) will revert back to 300 exactly.
  • Good for AFK farming

Necro cons :

• Tremendous corpse usage that the corpse gathering skills won’t be enough for upkeep… you still gotta pot outside mission, though the cost at high level isnt significant
  • Weak minions
  • Decay does not affect bosses, and some enemies are innately resistant to it (Such as Honeybins)

I think for necro3 is best to do it w/ wiz3 circle… path will be :
Wiz3 > Linker2 > Necro3

Class synergies :

• Wiz3 Quickcast and its attribute will tremendously help pulling off Necro’s primary nuke skill, which is Flesh Canon
  • Link poison attribute will work well with Flesh Strike.
  • Dirty Pole + JP ( So far I read this combo will double Flesh Canon damage if the skill hits both the boss and pole simultaneously… If you have enough AoE ratio, you may even hit 2 boss + Pole simultaneously producing 3x damage (?). May also double/triple Flesh Strike damage this way [Further synergy with the link attribute mentioned earlier] )

Since you have taken pyro2 and sorc, i suggest to take this path instead :
Wiz1 > Pyro2 > Linker1 > Sorc2 > Necro1 > Sage1

Class synergies :

• Cloned Dirty Pole [Decay] + JP = Triple Damage (?)
  • Cat Aoe Ratio Buff can help in hitting 2 bosses linked w/ 2 Dirty Pole, producing quadruple Flesh Cannon damage (?)
  • Dirty Pole [Decay] + Templeshooter = double damage
  • Dirty Pole/Flesh Canon’s Decay are different from Shogoth’s Decay, combined together they will make Templeshooter produce triple damage (?)

Edited :
[1] source : raydensorc

1 Like

The first PROS is wrong. If by copse attack you mean flesh cannon, then no, is is a normal magic atk skill which is reduced by mdef only. I play necro3 in PvP. Just remove it from your post to prevent spread of herecy.
“Tremendous Corpse usage” is also wrong. Corpse potions are very cheap, and silver drop from 1 moster at 260+ lvl is much greater than the price. Remove this also please. You dont even need to waste a single point on corpse collecting skills. The rest is correct, if I were to make some sorc build I would make the one you proposed.

3 Likes

Can confirm all that you wrote in (?).