Tree of Savior Forum

Some Ideas for improvement for ToS!

Hi guys I’d like to share some ideas that I think could improve the game for everyone.
Right now I see a rift between people who didn’t mind the grinding versus people who loathed it.
I think I have some solutions that can satisfy both parties. These deal with Bosses, Quests, and exp rates.
Please read what I have to say before flipping out.

EXP RATE: I personally didn’t see that big of a problem with the exp rates because of 2 reasons. 1) It was a beta test
and I figured the actual rates would be higher. 2) I imagine content was missing including quests, etc.
That being said I do think exp rates should be higher, but X3 exp. might be a little much. Other ways to mitigate grinding can be found other then higher exp rates. How about a page from GW2 where exploring / crafting items / achievements can grant you bonus exp. Other people on the forums also made a good point: if grinding is required, it needs to be later in the game, (close to rank 3) not too early in the game when you have very few skills and damage options, it’s very tedious.

ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL QUESTS: For people who hate grinding so that repeatable quests give them exp cards.
Example: Go find this rare monster / Go grab this rare loot / Go to a place X levels higher then you (just ideas).

BOSSES: I know it sounds crazy but hear me out:
Bosses are MEANT to be hard, especially dungeon bosses. They represent a challenge the player must face to continue his/her journey. That said, bosses were for the most part easy, I solo’d most of them with my linker,
they should be harder HOWEVER they should grant more exp. to help mitigate grinding and promote cooperation between players. Don’t like hard bosses? party up! Don’t like parties? Use your SKILL to defeat the boss alone and get an exp. card along with the exp.
OPTIONAL BOSS QUESTS: “Challenge” bosses could be a way to mitigate grinding and REWARD skilled players.
to make sure people dont abuse boss exp you could use a system of diminishing returns, so that every time you kill X boss you get less exp each time. It could be a simple as a “harder” version of a regular story boss.

The problem we face here is if the game is too easy: people will leave 2-3 weeks into the game
If the game is too hard: people will leave 2-3 weeks into the game
So options for grinders / non grinders need to be available. And SOMETHING about the game has to be an obstacle or a challenge otherwise there will be nothing to do but pvp.

What do you guys think?

Forgot to mention, wouldn’t hurt to give out small amounts of exp for pvp participation, it might help some people get into pvp that otherwise wouldn’t.