Tree of Savior Forum

Some help on cryomancer builds

Hey, guys. I played in the last closed beta and really enjoyed the cryomancer (even with the SP problems and lack of damage compared to pyromancer).
A while ago in some random patch notes i saw that their damage as buffed and the mana costs lowered, and so i though '‘damn, that’s my chance to play this awesome class when game is launched again.’'
So, i was planning my build and though on three possible ways to my awesome wizard go through

About that, does Psychic Pressure + Ice Wall are really worth it? I mean, i don’t particulary like Psychokino, but every topic i saw commented about that combo, and i was like ‘‘hmm… i see…’’
Anyway, about rank 7, it’s better to get cryo or sorcerer c3? Something i should do about the skills?

This one is more about support, tons of cc on the enemies while my allies become faster, even though i prettend to play in parties, it’s possible to solo, at least sometimes, with this? And how about PvP? The many plague doctors there will ruin this completely?

This one i think will do the most damage out of the three, anyway, the point is to control the position of the enemies while using the necromancer skills to do most of the damage. Is it viable? would be better to pick Sorcerer instead of Necromancer? And how about the Psychokino is he really necessary?

Give me some thoughts about this, thanks guys.

You take that third circle of cryo pretty late, so its overall effectiveness is questionable. Its essentially the same as taking psychokino in place of warlock, featherfoot, or sorc3.

For sure rank 6 and above will be difficult without help. Well, either really difficult or really tedious. Depends on your gears and funds lol. I hear sorc2 and cryo3 is really nice if you’re into pvp.

might consider putting a point in Gust and EQ for situational use.

Nice. Yeah PD is a problem. Suspecting a rework sooner or later.

Truthfully linker2 would probably synergize better if damage and positioning is what your focus is. At least it will be that way by the time you hit rank 7. With hangman nerfed you need to decide:

• optimize necro and (maybe) future ranks by taking linker
  • focus on Ice Wall + Psychic Pressure for burst situations

Also keep in mind you need Rune of Ice to really get the most out of the combo :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the answers, what would you recommend for a sorcerer build, instead of cryomancer? Sorcerer sounds like a fun class, eventually i plan to try one.

Okie dokie, PD really need this rework, i mean, imunity to CCs. Really?

Are both of them viable to high level content? The positioning from Psychokino isn’t enough to compensate for linker? Maybe it’s best to pick something else instead of Necromancer? Rune Caster doesn’t need Quick Cast from Wizard c3?

Then again, thanks for the help.

If you like the combo a lot, try:

Wiz > Cryo > Kino 2 > Sorc > Necro 2 (stunlock from PP works well with summons, good luck on SP though)

but Cryo 3 > Chrono 3 is the best one by far.

I see, thanks for the help. Though, Sorcerer 1 can do the trick? I mean, Summoning lv 5 and without the commands is enough?

How about Cryo > Chrono, it’s possible to solo with that or i will only be able to play in pts?

I really doubt you can solo well with Cryo+Chrono on 3 star maps.

By the time you get to 3 star maps, soloing isn’t really what you want to optimize for. Plus, cryo/chrono isn’t a super strong solo build, but it’s an amazing party support build.

I see…Well, thanks for the help guys. My last question is about the Necro/Psychokino thing, i mean,

Wizard > Cryomancer > Psychokino > Cryomancer > Psychokino > Necromancer > Necromancer

is viable for late game content even without linker and rune caster?

If not, change Necromancer for Sorcerer and Psychokino for Linker would help?

Also, what about this one?

it’s better to use wizard c2 and forget Cryomancer? How viable it is?