Since May 8 2018

Server Name:

Fedimian

Team Name:

ShadeVP

Character Name:

any character

Bug Description :

Since May 8 2018 update some graphic effects are disappearing sporadically (like the red pits from the attached video - instead just some lame blackish spots). This is also true for Warlock evil spirits, some effects of other classes (especially frustrating in case of healing tiles), challenge portals, sprout aura, bosses acid puddles, etc.
I have almost all graphic settings on (never changed them for over 2 months) and never experienced such lack of effects.

Steps to reproduce the issue :
see above

Screenshots / Video :

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) :

System

• CPU : i7-4770k
  • RAM : 16GB
  • Graphics Card : GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
  • Mainboard : ACPI x64
  • Storage :
  • Internet Connection :
  • Country, Region :

Itā€™s not a bug, itā€™s called ā€œlowering expensesā€, that way they donā€™t have to waste time and money on optimizing the game.

1 Like

Iā€™d probably laugh as well, if I didnā€™t care at all about the project.
Still, loyalty is more and more challenging when the game is becoming worse with each new updateā€¦

1 Like

We all care about the project, IMC is the one who donā€™t, these missing objects and/or effects are happening a long time, itā€™s nothing new.

Some of us here donā€™t even play, but still here checking and talking about, in the slight hope that IMC will take the right path.

I too, am here, I donā€™t play, unless something really meaningful (cough cough), or better saying, something slightly interesting happens, like class changes or new classes, because for me and some out there, these are the only real interesting and slightly fun things that happen to the game.

Is the game to blame? Of course not, the game is not a living thing that can say ā€œI donā€™t like this way, but that way is more funā€¦ā€.

Who is making the game is to blame, but ask if they care what we think about it. lol

3 Likes

I donā€™t actually need anything meaningful or even slightly interesting (from the point of new content - the game is now so wast that I cannot think how much time one may need to explore it whole) - I just want the game to work at least more or less acceptable (i.e. be playable); I want to come from work and play, just play, not struggle through a forest of bugs, lags and tons of things that you need to constantly report or check online . But for some bizarre reason they think that almost unplayable and constantly staggering game (even ā€˜maintenanceā€™ sessions instead of improving the game just increase the number of issues) with endless changes is better than a stable product that a regular person can comprehend in its entirety (not just a kidney here, a lung there)ā€¦

And Iā€™m not accusing you or anything. Iā€™m just so frustrated with it right nowā€¦ :frowning:

2 Likes

I know you arenā€™t, and I know where you come from, many of us here came from the first CBT, or even before when the project was announced as Project R1 or something, we waited, waited and waited some more to see where this was going, it ended up in the same place.

Just so you know, we still have some bugs and glitches from CBT stage, they simple donā€™t know how to fix, then some think itā€™s the engineā€™s fault, Iā€™m not gonna say the engine is a really good one, but it does itā€™s job, but if it is limiting the project, I donā€™t get why not start changing it, then again, that would either mean:

• Closing down the game for migration to a new engine.

Or

• Leave the game running and no updates until a new engine is implemented.

In both cases, lots of money would be required, and even more time to get things running properly.

And as far as I can see, IMC wonā€™t waste their time in doing that.

2 Likes

I seeā€¦
Then this is very sad indeed.
Actually, I am not from the CBT. In terms of actual gameplay I am a new player, though I was following the game from before the launch. I did not join from the start due to the mouse control preference, while initially there was no decent mouse control.
Well, I think i will go on struggling for the time being, at least until I am too tired to go onā€¦

Thank you for your answer.

1 Like

i was waiting for the next big update to report all of these so that i donā€™t have to keep reporting everytime this happens.

im afraid that fixing it might spawn new problems and such

btw can you guys see the oblation box during shop mode? i can only see it whenever i open an close the shop, i canā€™t see it in between

Iā€™ve recently reported graphic bugs with Warlockā€™s Evil Spirits and Fireball both not being seen and they didnā€™t even acknowledge it. They just figure it has something to do with my hardware, even though I have friends with high-end gaming computers who experience the same problems. :thinking:

The problem is in the Performance section. You are using Auto Setup. This setting seems to enable or disable certain graphic effects in order to maintain a high frame rate as needed.

If you donā€™t want this happening, set it to Disable.

No, tried with 3 different settings.

Iā€™m having that bug also with the missing spirits sometimes. They just look like shadows. Performance setting on disable.

System:
CPU : i7-4770k
RAM : 16GB
Graphics Card : Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti

If it was only about the missing spirits of a Warlock, my warlock could leave through it (though, when one of my teammates is a warlock, invisible spirits are a problem as well, since I play with a mouse and it is rather difficult to navigate among added objects like spirits); but this bug results in lacking of some rather important graphic effects (especially visual attacks of bosses, venom puddles, beam rays, etc.; healing spells of your teammates (try to guess where your cleric put the tiles); quest-related items on the ground and lots of other small things). So, it is not just about the game to look pretty (though for me it is also quite relevant since my hardware allows me to enjoy it).

This is why nowadays healers spam jump saying heal tiles are here etc xD
Once I healed and noticed the entire group could not see themā€¦ Of course I didnā€™t believe they all disabled visual options.