Tree of Savior Forum

❄ FrozenForest: A Cryomentalist Build ❄

Hello wizardry world! I just read the nerf on cryokino and planned on having an alternative with my fave ice mage. Any additional insight? Do understand that I opted out of the generic Wiz 3 build with +50% damage, surespell, & quick cast for the cryomancer abilities I thought of a few gimmicks like walling yourself or tree taunting mobs whilst casting. Would love to hear your kind suggestions. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Follow your dream…

I will make a full ice wiz too…

IN THE FUTURE

:blush:

1 Like

I am on the way of making my own almost the same as yours, though with some differences which I think would be better for more CC. i keep hail at 10 bc the dmg doesn’t scale that much and also the additonal 5 seconds, total of 20, I doubt anyone will be stuck in one place for 20secs, maybe a few scenarios. I put them in stone curse, which gives you 11 second duration which will allow you to cast meteor without being interupted, since you can still be interrupted on frost pillar on with ranged attacks, also I put 4 on freezing sphere and keep meteor at 5 or 6. Reason is because instead of casting for like 9 seconds you cast it on 4 or 5 and the time you have while enemy is frozen, stuck on pillar or petrified, you can cast another skill probably another cc skill like sleep. Freezing sphere also has 3 overheat so it does will guarantee you to always have a spell to cast and not stuck waiting on spell cds. Just my opinion hehe

1 Like

thanks for the insight man especially on hail but i wont invest on stone curse, additional casting. Is freezing sphere dmg decent?

lol np, it is and the fact that it has 3 overheat and no cast time makes it reeally good,and that’s another ice skill that audra will give a freeze chance at

Finally, my build same like you,I’m @ wiz1 ,Cyro3 & Ele1 almost hit ele rank 2.

1 Like

wtb> cryo3 costume images
Thanks for sharing, does Gust lv1 bring any utility at all though?

1 Like

Nice fellow ice mages! Been reading the forums and just felt that we’re the silent majority, due to generic wiz3ele3. Cryomentalists unite!

Plus, we get 2 circle3s, patch notes say an animation change occurs with circle3 costumes. Woah, still in ktos tho @Naivety.

Gust has utility. Since we don’t have PP from kino, gust also actually procs shards from Ice Wall. Recent patch notes also said an added animation change will be applied exclusively for Gust ON ice Wall. I’m not going to be missing any of that so i had a point in it.

Yeah maybe I’ll go ice mage too in the future, but now there’s just not enough ranks.

Wanted to try Wiz3-Cryo3-RC tho. Instead levelling Wiz3-Elem3-RC now (or not levelling… trying to not quit this game tbh… boring). Maybe I’ll add more Ice in the future.

1 Like

[quote=“wyvernleo, post:9, topic:298837”]
Plus, we get 2 circle3s, patch notes say an animation change occurs with circle3 costumes. Woah, still in ktos tho @Naivety.

Gust has utility. Since we don’t have PP from kino, gust also actually procs shards from Ice Wall. Recent patch notes also said an added animation change will be applied exclusively for Gust ON ice Wall. I’m not going to be missing any of that so i had a point in it.
[/quote]cries
But I see, thanks for the info :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m a W1>C3>E2 heading to E3 at the moment. This build rocks. More fun to play than the standard W3>E3, has more skills to use, easier to level, and more utility at the party, with all the CC.

1 Like

I am on the same both I am loving it, can’t wait for frost cloud! :smiley:

Looks cool. My Cryosorc is jelly that Ele gets Hail. XD

1 Like

Hail + Frost Cloud haha!
btw You using this build mate? How is the sorc AI though?

Yah. The AI is awful and broken, but it still gets the job done. Even better once you get Hold and can just idle across the map while pet kills a boss. XD Otherwise the AI has a too short of leesh and if you move outa range it’ll stop and follow you and it always attacks before turning towards an enemy: So it’s first attack often goes in the wrong direction when he stops moving.

What bothers me more than anything though is Riding is completely broken for TempleShooter and many other summons. ;-; Dismount+Autoattack are on the same hotkey for some reason. They could fix it so easily if they actually cared.

1 Like

Was just about to post what people thought of this build. It’s also what I have planned for my new mage, Great utility with Cryo3 and decent damage from ele3 (more than most other classes even without the +50% from wiz3).

1 Like

I am wondering since it aint in your build, what you do with your stat points
?

1 Like

50-100 CON, dump rest into INT if pVE. For pvp, all CON as usual.
I have 100 CON, but i’ve been thinking of going all CON though. Thoughts?