Tree of Savior Forum

Skipping class ranking

Some people want to make their perfect build, but some of them does not want to grief their class tree by
getting some dummy class advancement just to unlock the one the player wants.

My idea to solve that, is to make so the player can acquire a next ranking class by passing It’s recommended level.

For example, I make a Swordsman and level it up to class level 15, but I want to get Hoplite class and don’t want to
spend a ranking into Swordsman, Peltasta or Highlander, I would need to level up the character to level 40, and
then Poof!, Hoplite and Barbarian classes appeared in the list, then I get the test and skip completelly the
Rank 2 class requirement.

So, what do you think?

1 Like

Hoplite available at rank 3.
Feel free to pick whatever class at rank 2, it’s not unlock by picking swordman2 or pelts or highlander. You could consider it’s bonus class in your build :slight_smile:

It is already so. It has been very very long ago in closed beta that you could not become, for example, barbarian if you have not chosen highlander. It has been fixed like 2 years ago.

You’re asking to immediately get access to Hoplite as Rank 2 because your character would be high level enough to technically be Rank 3, simply because you didn’t chose a new class at R2?

Dedicated people (or hell, reset events) would just end up as a nightmare that way. People would just stack the best R7/8 classes for all their ranks rather than being forced to look at lower level classes for build synergy.

As wonderful as it’d be if they did this. (There’s builds I want where I’m having to pick 1 or 2 useless classes because the classes I want start at rank 3/4)

A better method would be allow to achieve them a maximum of 2 ranks earlier, meaning rank 10 classes could still have 3 ranks to them. (If they make a max of 10, that’d make it so rank 8 is the last rank to have 3 ranks.)

1 Like

Wait. Do you want to skip picking a rank 2 class, then once you reach the rank 3 level requirement you’d be able to choose Hoplite as a rank 2 ? So basically lowering the rank requirements of some classes by not taking some ranks ?
For example if one didn’t pick any new classes in Swordsman tree for a while they could be Swordsman 1 - Cataphract 3 and only be rank 4 ?

Woah, that is already in? Then forget about my suggestion.

It not already in… From what I understand, it was there before but have been remove long ago.
Like said, that would just encore people to stack higher rank class instead of building some synergies between their lower/higher rank class.
Also it would change the whole way everything need to be balance…
Soo… Nope, it fine the way it is. With the combat change coming soon every rank/spell matter now.

1 Like

I see… Beside makes sense the change.