Tree of Savior Forum

Skill build for pyro-elem-tao

OK so this is one of the most common build, I want some opinions from experienced players.

For elementalist:
Is electrocute good? I rarely see anyone on youtube using it. It seems weak on paper too, even if I combo it with storm calling.

For taoist:
If I equip rod, would the charge time for divine punishment be halved?
Creeping death charm doesn’t increase in damage as level goes up. It is still worth maxing? I’m not sure if the charm moves slowly enough to hit the boss 60 times.

Here is my attempted build, mainly focus on fire spells, so agny necklace:
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#212bl.25455174.1f2131735a6a95.319fa4ba2a55.2a58914a6a7185

I can give you my build, although I’m still leveling up my char at this point, so it’s pretty much subject to change as I see fit.

Wizard: I’ve maxed MM and Earthquake and didn’t skill Magic Shield
Pyro: same as you, except I didn’t skill Fire Wall and put the point into Flame Ground instead, since I think the five other skills are enough
Ele: same as you, except 10 points in Electrocute instead of skilling Elemental Essence, which is a PitA to maintain every 20s for just exploiting a weakness that is rarely triggering – Electrocute has a very short CD so it can be used often, especially when facing fire immune mobs and your Tao skills are on CD
Tao: usually you max Creeping Death (15/15) and put the spares into Divine Punishment (3/10), which has high CD, is single target, and takes forever to charge

I wouldn’t use Rod with this build… especially if it’s just for a skill that you will use every 50s. Most of your skills are instant cast (apart from the Ele ones), and unless you desperately need the pdef from a shield, you will vastly benefit from that extra matk and the 15% extra damage on your fire skills. Even more if you use Agny…

1 Like

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21b2l.25.319fa1ba55.1f21715a6195.2a5f914a85

Not a good skill.

Max it.
It’s Tao’s main dps skill and great

Great. Any comments on stone curse? I heard it can be used on bosses too? If that’s the case, I just thought of an evil plan. I will deal more damage and try to get first place since petrified enemies receive less damage from properties other than fire and psycho :haha:

That is bad, dont want less TaoSkill dmg. 0 points in it.

And i already use many buffs/debuffs to nuke/melt bosses, and then all the Creeping overheats, not really time for any more of that.

Fine, fine. And lastly, your opinion on electrocute?

Tried it in first week of rebuild but didnt like it much. Not very good dmg anymore. Stopped using it at all. Time is better spend on other skills in that build.

But if you like it… some points in it is maybe okay.

On my Pyro-Elem-Tao, I put 6 points into Electrocute so it’ll go for 12 targets with Storm Calling. I find Electrocute useful in high-density mobs like what you typically find in CM5+, though I never use it in boss fights unless there’s a Cryo in the team and they put up IW.

There will be changes made to Hail, Electrocute, and Fire Claw in the next couple months. Hail will see its cd drop to 40 seconds and at LV15 will have a base SFR of 208% per hit instead of 140% since SFR will increase by 8% per level (rather than the current 3.2%). Fire Claw’s cd will drop to 15 seconds. And Electrocute’s SFR will now go up by 2% per level instead of remaining the same at 159%. (Source: http://tos.nexon.com/ts/notice/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=281)

Once that patch kicks in, I’m keeping Electrocute at the same level while maxing Storm Dust and Hail at LV15. Fire Claw will be left at LV4, but that’s all right. It only does 8 hits anyway, compared to Storm Dust’s 27 and Hail’s 48.

@gexmnlin13 Great. Any comments on stone curse? I heard it can be used on bosses too?

Not all bosses. It’ll only work on saalus bosses, mission bosses, and quest bosses, not the bosses that matter (unique/legend raids, Velcoffer, Boruta).

1 Like

Ohh i didnt know that. (Didnt try the skill, because less dmg sounds bad)

They are easy without it (if you are geared). Really worthless skill.

How strong is the new hail? 208% per hit for how many hits?

I’m considering changing my Ice Mage to Cryomancer - Elementalist - Taoist hoping it would be strong enough. Electrocute (with higher damage now) + Storm Calling, Hail as another bonus Ice skill. Probably the remaining points into Storm Dust.

48 hits. When IMC nerfed Hail, the damage cycle went up from 0.1 seconds to 0.2, cutting the hit count in half.

208 * 48 = 9984% over 10 seconds (versus the current’s 6720%)

1 Like

The only problem of buffing skills is that there won’t be enough skill points to max them all XD

Yes. And if you start to remove points to put into other skills, you end up with many weak skills instead of a few strong ones. Still not sure if Hail is worth more than 1 point.

What’s your Ice Mage like? If it’s cryo-kino I’d advise keeping it that way and start a new wizard with pyro-ele-tao to have synergies in both builds instead of a mixed one with less synergy. Electrocute + Hail are clearly not worth getting alone, you get them as bonus skills for your pyro-ele-tao combos.

My main is Pyromancer - Elementalist - Taoist. I make an Ice Mage sub purely for fun. My current Ice Mage build is Cryomancer - Sorcerer (froster lord for ice) - Taoist. I’m thinking if the Elementalist buffs would be good enough for me to swap Sorcerer for Elementalist to become a real “Ice Lightning Mage”.

I’m also considering just switching to Psychokino but I’m not sure how Icewall+PP would do in future with the skill changes. I did try Chronomancer previously but now I have a Taoist - Runecaster - Chronomancer so I’m trying to avoid having 2 of the same classes together.

Change on Ice Wall + PP is already implemented and I don’t see any other change planned in the future. The slight delay on the shards + balance on wall durability doesn’t impact the skill combo that much, it’s still very good.

I was considering Cryomancer - Psychokino - Onmyoji but I already have a Alchemist - Psychokino - Onmyoji so that would be 2 repeated classes (my problem, I try my best not to repeat 2 classes). I was thinking if I should just go ahead with it and maybe change my other one to another type of Onmyoji like a Dark damage Onmyoji (Shadowmancer - Warlock - Onmyoji). Or I could try out Cryomancer - Elementalist - Taoist and hope it does well.