Tree of Savior Forum

Simple Suggestion about Accessories and Enhancement Scrolls

Haihai, just a simple suggestion about costume accessories and enhancement scrolls.

First, I would like to say that this thread does not side with either P2W or F2P, and such discussion is asked to be refrained from the thread.

Anyway, currently I feel our Accessory system is flawed and could use some improvement, for now accessories fall under two categories; we will classify costume accessories that are purely cosmetic with 0 effects free accessories and accessories that have 1-3 lines of effects paid accessories.

Every accessory in the game (with the exception of few DLC accessories) is available for free inside the game, accessories can be sold/bought on the market as well. This much is pretty common knowledge. The issue, however, is that it is impossible (without being the top guild) to obtain paid accessories for free players without resorting to the board.

Paid accessories can provide a substantial boost at low odds, such as AoE attack / defense. Most stats become insignificant at higher levels, however the boost remains, so even small boosts still provide a boost.

Because of this, free accessories are actually pretty much nonexistent. What I mean by this is there is 0 desire to obtain these accessories outside of looks (which greatly limits which accessories are even worth buying), and almost all free accessories will remain on the market for ages to come when it’s literally only like 20k more to get a paid accessory.

Here we have a problem where free players not only get no boost from their costume pieces, but also that paid players get a huge advantage at the market and basically makes free accessories worthless. This will become much more apparent later on.

Anyway, enough explaining the obvious problem, the simple solution I have to present is to basically get rid of free accessories entirely and have accessories get a “roll” automatically once obtained.

This means once an accessory is picked up or crafted, it will get “enchanted” automatically with 1-3 lines of effect.

Pros:

• Players have more incentive to farming accessories to try to obtain better enhanced versions.
  • Accessory effects stop being a pay only feature
  • Promotes free players of how effects feel and can make them wish to purchase an enhancement scroll for more rare drops
  • As gambling is an addiction especially in small increments, IMC get to keep maintaining a good income

Cons: (That I can think of)

• Perhaps less enhancement scrolls will be purchased due to a load of enhanced accessories on the market

Please discuss