Tree of Savior Forum

Silute server after June 12 maintenance

Some players from Brazil reported that, after the maintenance, so far, there was no lag and no freeze occurences. I’m creating this thread for Silute players to share feedbacks after this maintenance.

Last week we had no lag after maintenance too, but freezes were still around. Today, not even freeze reports from brazilian players. Kindly ask all the Silute players that read the forum to share here their experiences so far.

In june 12 maintenance, this was announced for Silute:

Could really be this silly function (that almost nobody use) the source of our problems?

EDIT: if you have not experienced lag and freezes after this maintenance, please share which content you played, how much time you spent online… some information about how the server behaved

3 Likes

As I said in other topic, its fine for me.
I just had lag one time around 1:00pm (server time), maybe my ISP fault.
Until now I did: 9 saalus, 2hrs on HG340, 1 WB(Zaura).
Still need to do CM.

2 Likes

Everything fine!
/2020202020

1 Like

i played very early in the morning today. No lag and, shocking, no freeze once in the 3 times i did CM. But, one day is not enough to say for sure, we need to test in the moments with more players online (if there is anyone left xD)

2 Likes

Yeah, weekend is the final test :hey:

1 Like

I wonder if there was some changes “behind the scenes” too. It is crazy to think that this functionality might be the cause of freezes.

@STAFF_Letitia if you have any further information about this, please share with us if you can. I’m willing to know more about! :slight_smile:

1 Like

LAG FREE FINALLY!! THANKS!!

SILUTE IS ALIVE AGAIN YEAH!

NO LAG NO FREEZING!

Playing for 12h, no dc, no lag no freeze, awesome job STAFF!

1 Like

If you think about it, it’s possible. A party search method could be implemented in a bad way requiring too much cpu work if it works by, for example, constant pooling for every player.

There’s also the possibility of not being too much cpu work but simply could be that this procedure started taking too long and being inside one of the main loops (think of the many parties that exists since launch being held on alt, bots, banned, quit etc accounts if they don’t/can’t filter nearby parties without checking members online/offline and where they are).

Also, remember that this feature is kind of buggy and used to recommend parties from other random maps? The issue might be also related to flaws like these making it process more data than it should.

2 Likes

LMAO i told you that after the events were over the lag would mysteriously disappear

You got IMC’ed

1 Like

I know! What surprises me is that something that has been “working” for a long time, and did not receive any changes (at least announced changes) ends up (probably) being the cause of these freezes.

Yeah, I was kinda expecting it too. The freezes being vanished (apparently) is what bugs me now. Not complaining though

2 Likes

I’ll wait till the weekend to see how the lag goes, it’s fine for now but weekends are the worse days

1 Like

Now that I played for some longer period (2h30m), I can give my report:

Yesterday I did 3 Challenge Modes, Jump Event, Saalus 2x, 1 Lv330 raid and some grind at Hunting Grounds, I think 30min there (until buffs duration ends).

Not a single freeze. I had minor lag at lv5 Challenge Modes, but I guess is the Agny Necklace bug-thing. Gonna record a video about it this night if I can.

@STAFF_Letitia Thumbs up to the dev team! Server is working fine so far. Hope this whole problem is solved

2 Likes

Thank you very much for starting this thread and for gathering these reports. I’m happy to hear the good news! :smiley:

3 Likes

how about removing the party search function on all servers, until it’s optimized/fixed? If it is the cause of lag/freeze on one server, then it may be the cause(maybe partial) for the others too.

1 Like

How about leaving like this for 1-2 weeks to see if it’s really the issue? Then work on a fix and/or disable temporarily on other servers since they aren’t as bad as Silute was.

1 Like

Sausys Room 9 - Channel 1 is still lagged. You can check the videos here:

===========================

Sausys Room 9 Channel 1

June 14, 10:30pm server time

It is important to notice that it was lagged even outside the Challenge Mode. Didn’t record it, sorry :frowning:

Now compare with Channel 5:

Sausys Room 9 Channel 5

June 14, 11pm server time

I couldn’t see any differences that could justify Channel 1 being lagged compared with channel 5. But other players are reporting lag on this map and channel through global shout too.

Funny thing:

• CH1 party was not heavy AoE oriented. Very lagged
  • CH5 party was heavy AoE oriented. Not lagged

this is my ping for the duration of both Challenge Modes:
Brazil - south (Porto Alegre)
5mbps cable connection ISP

PS.: I’m sending this information via ticket as well, just want to bring the case here, so more people can report their experiences too.

Ah, and for the people tracking down the Agny Necklace lag-thing, I’m using one during the second video. Didn’t get lag. But I recognize that using Agny generate some lags, cause I got it before. Still gonna try to record this Agny situation and find the situation for it to happen.

---- Link the staff here to annoy them :stuck_out_tongue: -----
@STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Ethan

2 Likes

Hmmm, I have a different idea. Yesterday, I was testing Electra Necklace to see if it’s the cause of occasional lag spikes and guess what? It isn’t caused by the necklace, but by two specific announcements: Guild Territorial Wars and Gemstone Feud. The spike starts around 10 minutes before and ends around 10 minutes after the announcement. See your first vid: you guys start the CM 10:22 server time (8 min before the “Gemstone Feud in 30 minutes” message is announced) and are lagging during the time window I mentioned. In the second video, there are no announcements.

Based on this, you’ll probably experience a lag spike between 21:00 and 21:20 and between 21:30 and 21:50 (server time). I’ll make more tests tonight to confirm it, but I think we have a lead on what’s the current issue now.

2 Likes