Tree of Savior Forum

Sick of being punished for spelling class correctly(Chat Filter)

look i know many people have this issue you type out an entire paragraph long explanation and all because you spelled class or suck it completely bleeps out the entire sentence with two ** this is seriously highly irritating are they going to fixed this or is it staying this way for ever i need to know so i can teach myself to misspell words. IMC mods and reps if you reading this lol i hope you fix this is super duper irritating please for goodness sakes fix this. i tried to bite my tongue as long as i could but i cant anymore it keeps happening cause i forget to incorrectly spell class…

3 Likes

At least it isn’t like Kitsu Saga’s filter, which would disallow you to say “cracker.”

The main reason why this is happening is a fault of the publisher not putting in the right kind of Regular Expression into the filter algorithm. Basically, what it’s doing… is checking if there is “(ass …)” The publisher needs to make it so that if the filter detects anything after that bad word, that it doesn’t trigger a false positive, and disallows you to send the entire thing. A good regular expression is one that only checks for a word if it’s used alone, not attached to anything.

At the end of the day, this whole filter situation should be optional.

If I want to expose myself to abuse, then so be it.

Give it to me.

1 Like

Yep, I’m a grown man, words can’t hurt me anymore.