Tree of Savior Forum

Should I skip Linker 2 if I have a Dandel Gem?

I was planning on going with Pyro > Linker > Linker2 > and then I decide between Chrono3 vs Pyro2 Alche2 (depending on how I’m feeling later). But then I got a Dandel Gem so… should I just take something like Thauma instead of Link2? Or should I still go for Link2 so I can JP 9 enemies with Divine Might?

I have a static party of 4 with no one running QS so the chances of getting a QS in my party isn’t very high

Rule of thumb would be not to include “external” skills as part of build crafting for yourself…that said there can be exceptions.

As of this week (finally got the gem) I’ve been using linker1 w/dandel gem and I find the difference between 6 and 8 very negligible. Same cd either way but at the cost of a whole rank yeeeeesh.

Other players have expressed different opinions about those 2 extra links and spiritual chain with 50% downtime, so it could be preference. Really though I look at linker2 as either filler or a stepping stone to linker3.

Link is great for spreading damage to all enemies, im not sure how this works in conjunction with AoE spell dmg. Have you considered, pyschokino? Magnetic force will pull all enemies onto the same hitbox and, being wizard you have some interesting options in order to deal AoE spell dmg.

If you don’t know what i’m talking about you can see what the abilities for most classes do at this site http://www.tosbase.com/ via the skill simulator.

Magnetic Force AoE is so tiny that people don’t even use it as a “pull” but more of as a “hold”. Also, it’s affected by AoE Ratio