I have a weird relation with ToS.
I’d love to get more invested but I’m more of a casual player with limited time available to play.
I’ve been around since betas, seasonally switching back and forth from playing and taking a break.
I feel very disappointed that this game turned all it’s attention to end game, leaving behind all it’s old content. I guess that’s a result of game growing too big relatively to it’s playerbase…
Anyway, despite all the time I had, due to various reasons, max level has always eluded me. I have yet to max even a single character. As you surely realise, that makes me feel left out.
I was hoping that some of the experienced players could help me answer the question wheter I should invest the time to finally do so.
Consider the following:
- I’m a casual player, with limited time to spend.
- I couldn’t care less about fancy gear or bragging rights.
- I couldn’t care less about meta or being “strong”.
- I enjoy finding my own or uncommon way to do things.
- I can enjoy teamwork, as long as it’s not too simple nor too tryhard.
- I like having a clear and relevant role to fulfill (even if it’s a boring or supportive one).
- I don’t like being carried. That’s zero fun.
- I don’t like playing with stronger players when I feel like I’m irrelevantly contributing nothing.
- I don’t mind spending time on useless activities as long as it’s fun.
- Despite being an introvert I like to socialise in games. It gets depressing for me easily when I get left behind though. (Especially in ToS that has been toying with me like that for a long while now.)
If I maxed out a character, do you guys think I could find something entertaining for me at the end game?
I’m worried that having invested the extra time I would find only repetitve tryhard grind chase for gear after gear after gear. Is that a justified concern?
Is there content that is fun to do with various players despite gear difference?
Do you have any recommendations for what I could focus on? Class, role, content?
How long do you estimate would it take me to reach a point where I could “properly” play with others?
Which steps would I need? Which gear to aim for to start?