Tree of Savior Forum

Should I go Corsair 3?

((posted this in the almost dead Swordsman’s Battle Manual, thought i’d repost it as a new topic(cause OP is lame, right?), to try and get extra info, so here goes!))

Ok, so here’s my stats/loadout:

Lvl 200: Swordsman 1, Highlander 3, Corsair 2
(I have 30 unspent stat points at the moment)

Str 145 (7+127+11)
Con 45 (8+32+5)
Int 4
Spr 4
Dex 41 (5+35+1)

Equipment:
+5 Velniup and +5 Arde Dagger
Cafrisun Set
Some Feebly Enchanted Headgears
Bearkaras+Crystal Bangle
+10 Str Amulet

and here is the build, up to R6 Corsair that I was following(was going Templar, but friends all decided they no wanna play, lol.)

so I wonder where I should go for R7 and past. Should I get C3 Corsair, if so which ones do I max? Ignore pistol use and max Jolly/Dust/Hexen Dropper, Ignore Hexen Dropper in C2 and use that to max Pistol, Dual Wield, Jolly Roger and Dust Devil?

If not Corsair 3, then which of the classes should I get? Fencer? Doppel?

I don’t think Dragoon or Lancer would fit with going any kind of dual wield, but I could be wrong.

Up till now I happen to thoroughly enjoy this character(Way more then my Cleric 2, Diev 1, Templar 3, Oracle 1(wannabe inquisi), so I don’t want to just drop it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, in all honesty.

I’m leaning towards a C3 Corsair, but are we not expecting R9 in the future, if so, might it not be prudent to think about maxing Fencer? I’m not overly sure of the end game builds.

Please note this character is set to PvE, not PvP, so there is that factor too.

Thanks for any help y’all give me, appreciate it!

Pistol shot is a really nice ability to have and I’d suggest that you go corsair c3 to get it. At this point in your build, there’s not a lot that will synergize well except for corsair c3. There is honestly very little reason to max Jolly Roger. Unless you play in a party with a lot with archers, i’d actually suggest you just put one point into for utility. Max dust devil, max hexendropper, max pistol shot. The rest of your points you can do with as you please depending on what you use your corsair for. As for rank 8, I’d suggest Shinobi. Shinobi clones can copy some highlander skills which makes for some crazy burst damage. Even if you just use your corsair for farming, shinobi works great for running saalus.

1 Like

i had the same idea as bruce here for a build like that around 2 weeks ago ive not made it yet nor test it but ill leave the concept i came up with here

both crown and moullinet get coppied by your clones

jolley is lvl 6 due to double weapon assult having synergie with it

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/pnt2c7ldh5/

im corsair2 teach me how to DWA please

So i’d have to skill reset to follow that one, and probably wouldn’t. I only use Crown for the bonus damage to Moulinet it gives.

I have honestly found great uses, Boss wise and non boss for both Skull Swing(it gets AoE +8 and some impressive damage) and Vertical Slash(Which gets a good bonus based on Skull Swings Armor Break vs Enemies, plus recieves bonus damage for each debuff on monsters, so against bosses that everyone debuffs, including me, Vertical Slash can put out some impressive burst damage, so far that i’ve seen.)

I’m not sure if I want shinobi, cause if there’s no Shinobi 2 in R9, i’m going to be stuck, possibly, with utter ass choices for R9 when it comes.

@unggoytsiwawa I’m not 100% sure on Dual Weapon Attack myself yet… I’ve only got it lvl 1 right now. All i can see it doing is reducing the cooldown between Main Hand and Off Hand weapon, so if you’ve got a good Dagger/Pistol equipped, you can basically(and i’m using a controller, not keyboard) spam the buttons super fast to apply any attack boosts/buffs/debuffs your offhand weapon does.

For Instance, right now i’m still using Velniup and Arde Dagger, so what i’ll do, when using it is spam X then Y back and forth to make use of both weapons bonus(Velniup’s AoE/Critical Damage bonus) and Arde’s 153 Fire Damage. People can correct me if i’m wrong about it though.

Some things to consider:
If u are already Corsair C2 u definitly should go Corsair C3, since Corsair C2 is not that strong and basicly feels like a wasted rank.
If u are Corsair C3 u do it for Pistol Shot, which is infact a very good skill. The strongest skill Corsair has to offer. Also u dont realy want a dagger, since Pistol tends to have far superioir stats than any dagger.

Corsair 3: go for the last skill points Hexen 5 -> 10, Dust Devil 10 -> 15, Pistol 0 -> 5
Rank 8 realy depends on ur playstyle there are a lot of suggestions. Read up on some threads of myself in the forum regarding that topic. (My personal favorite is Shinobi)
Shinobi gives u access to great burst combos.
Doppel gives u DoV which is a great Dmg Boost Buff and Cyclone which is a great AoE Skill.

Basicly u use Main and Offhand Attack key immediatly after each other (“y” and “z” in my case)
It just chains ur Offhand to ur Mainhand, which means u can to very fast Autohits. Its a pain to use, tho. Some ppl suggested using Macros for it. (Might look in other threads for it - im not a friend of Macros)

Going furhter skillpoints in Crown is for the longer duration, dont bet on its dmg.
Skull Swing is infact a good skill, it has good AoE, and only cuz its low duration its a powerful debuff.
And u are completly right - Vertical Slash is a hell of a good skill.

Shinobi is a hidden class of Rank 7, we are right now at rank 8. Hidden Classes dont have any further Circles. Even if Shinobi would be an exception -> Rank 8 passed already and Shinobi is still 1 Circle only. So i wouldnt bet on a further circle!

Weapon bonus (like Critical Damage, AoE etc. - basicly everything except weapon Attack value) gets applied to ur character -> which infact turns out to be applied to both -> ur Main and Offhand weapon / All attacks u are doing.

which is better sw3hop2cor3 or sw2hop2cor3dop1?

i prefer sw2hop3cor3

Hey eveyone. I’m looking for high/full dex corsair 3 with pistol. Do we have any?

Im a Corsair3-Shinobi Main. High Str, Rest Dex.

In the reset event i tested
Full Str
High Str, low Dex
High Dex, low Str
Full Dex

Where can i help u?

Full SPR Flag Drop Corsair best Corsair.
Skull Smasher + Manamana = Highspeed Farm.

1 Like

I got manamana for my hopsair3(120 dex, rest str), so autoattack and DWA looks really clunky with pistol(charcter rises hand, but don’t shoots and damage goes only from spear). So i was guessing will DWA work properly if i will increase Dex?

For startes DWA works with Pistol under 1 condition. U have to stand in melee range (dagger range).
This is realy important or else u are basicly doing nothing. If u use a spear dont forget that ur Attack range with Pistol is shorter than a spear, when using DWA (Yeah i know, it sounds ridiculous - but thats what it is)
With a sword as Mainhand u dont have that Range problem and anything which ur swords hits get hit by the Pistol while using DWA.
If for example u use Pistol Autohit without DWA its the normal long range attack we know. If u have DWA active and u only do an Offhand Attack its still the long range attack. But if u used a Mainhand attack immediatly before Offhand attack while DWA is active, Pistol turns into a low range melee attack.

To ur Attack Speed question:
What does Dex do?

• It increases ur Attackspeed of ur normal Attack Intervals. It doesnt increase the Chain Attack of DWA, cuz the Chain Attack follows immediatly after ur Mainhand
    What does DWA do?
  • It immediatly chains ur Offhand Attack to ur Mainhand Attack (for better explanation -> think of it as 1 attack!)

To explain it better
Lets say u have 2 Attacks per second
-> This would mean u can do 2 Mainhand Attacks or 2 Offhand Attacks or 1 Main and 1 Offhand Attack
-> Factoring in DWA u can do 2 DWA Attacks -> meaning 2 Main and 2 Offhand

With increased Attack speed u might have 3 Attacks per second
-> This would mean u can do 3 Mainhand Attacks or 3 Offhand Attacks or 2 Main and 1 Offhand Attack or 1 Main and 2 Offhand Attacks
-> Factoring in DWA u can do 3 DWA ChainAttacks -> meaning 3 Main and 3 Offhand

I hope my explanation was sufficient.

1 Like

Thanks.:heart_eyes:

Upd: I tested DWA with sword, works fine, but with spear u need to be really close to enemy.

DWA is sht if you’re going dagger off-hand stat wise revolver is better than dagger.corsair c2 is not viable in pvp since you dont do AA in pvp or everyone will just beat you with their skill, it is not viable in ET cuz hell you dont have aoe and doing AA in ET is pure Sht and you wont maximize your farming capabilities with just DWA then AA or even on boss hunt limacon is SR’s limacon is way better if you want to go AA. you should have max hexen,dust devil,and pistol shot then level 4 jolly,10 hook,1 keel hauling.just dont go DWA or else u will get bored with your toon not being able to do ET, being beaten to pulps in pvp or worst seing your hard earned DPK being stolen from you since you dont do much AOE and damage.

The way I’ve always viewed it is to think of DWA as a skill in its own rotation. While your other abilities are in CD, you can pop DWA and use it as filler until your other skills come off. I don’t think it’s necessary to put more than 1 point into it, especially since imo those points are better spent maxing out your stronger attacking skills (namely pistol shot and hexen dropper):.

Who needs corsair in ET if there is doppel? Also don’t tell which skills to pick and i will not tell u where to go.

lol clearly you dont understand what suggestion is. if TS wants to do ET with his corsair he might as well go with pistol shot and not DWA since DWA wont clear mobs fast enough in ET unlike pistol shot if you have an aspana with good upgrade and trans + a high attri of pistol shot it can clear a whole wave of mobs. also iam merely saying what skills are best to pick and what level are they most usable for example a newbie playing corsair doesnt know what skill to pick he might put max keel hauling which is pretty useless and that will ruin his game.you dont have to follow what i said cuz its just a SUGGESTION. dont go full retard.