Tree of Savior Forum

Should Coursing work on bosses?

That’s quite how it is, i don’t mind being a little behind at your rank power level (specially as a support class) but Hunter C3 barelly feel like a R5 class.

The funny thing is that Hunter’s support is single target oriented and it can’t be redirected once casted in a class that gets completely helpless if the Companion is busy, it got a huge power if used correcly but it still a “one way ticket” (which is even worse with the current bugs) that pushes players away from it till they manage to get something that makes it catch up (if they ever get back to it).

And ironically the strongest skill that the class has is quite balanced (due the mobility limitation) but it’s also the one that doesn’t make the companion imobile which is quite odd.

It’s ok to wreck a boss and walk away with no risk but we can’t get a so-so damage against regular bosses.

1 Like

They need to fix the AI first or I hope someone will have an addon for this. I played hunter on CBT2 and it was frustrating half the time. I would roll one again once they improve it though. They should enable some sort of damage on boss though w/ coursing w/o the debuff because that’s too OP of a support buff on bosses.

If coursing works on bosses you’re going to use Snatching then Coursing on flying bosses and its going to be absolutely brutal lol.

Snatching for flying bosses/monsters and Coursing for ground bosses/monsters only. Problem solved.

@Delcas

They can nerf Snatching to the point that you need both to keep the same damage if that’s the case, it’s not like a mob can survive it past level 5 right now…

@BlaackChopper

It could solve but it also would be the weirdest interaction ever (since flying bosses still takes ‘ground’ damage).

Im not saying its an actual problem. Just thinking of how fast the bosses health would disappear.
I don’t really have a problem that Snatching doesn’t affect bosses however.
Given Rushdog is on a 5s cooldown and its a reasonable damage skill. Its just a pain since the Pet AI still gets mucky at times. Life was certainly better when the pet had auto-rushdog on it AA.

Truthfully what I would want foremost for Hunter is for Praise to supply some tangible damage to the pet but thats just me I guess.

1 Like

Rush Dog does have 5s CD but its damage relies on companion’s damage (I use RD from level 43 till level 83 now, with little to no change) so I’m not sure how it’ll turn out in later content.
I don’t even use Praise so can’t comment on that.

I use Praise only for the movespeed buff. The flat bonus is lackluster, like every flat buff in this game. The same problem with Thaumaturge.

Make coursing do damage and debuff on boss monsters. No need to make it root the boss imo. Just plain damage and debuff and people would want us Hunters for support :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

exactly, 1 like for you <3

Quick little update guys.

On June 28th Update, Coursing and Retrieve will work on players with Prophecy/Bloodletting/Dispeller, BUT STILL NO WORDS ON STUCK ISSUE

So… there’s that…Is it INTENDED to have Coursing stuck on use?

Don’t think so, and they need to work, after all they are debuff level 10 D:

I’m not even sure about the “lv10 debuff” anymore thou…
Some site set it as a level 2 debuff

Well, now that it ignore Bloodletting we know that it is at less a lvl 3+

new patch will make us scarier in PVP but, still look at you coursing debuff+damage on boss, retrieve damage on boss, companion getting stuck (imagine the pain of running a dungeon then your pet gets stucked IMC).

I also think that Snatching should not get a nerf, it deals awesome damage because of its synergy when using 2hand bows 100% damage on flying mobs from archer, take that out then it deals the same damage with retrieve or coursing

Actually I dunno, what give insane damage in Snatching is the DoT. Someone test if the damage drop a lot without a 2h bow?
But I agree, Snatching don’t need a nerf.

right now imo the hunter just need to regroup coursing and retrieve in one skill, to allow the pet to end it’s animation when the target die and that’s it … for rush dog i dont know since i’m not that high right now with my hunter but the combo with full draw (it’s like a less powerfull link) is quite good imo

and yes coursing should do at least the damage with the pet being stuck on the boss while he’s moving

1 Like

I kinda just want them to implement the “cancel if target dies” first for now

The other 2 things can have lower priority since it’ll rework the skill table => skill resets

any update?
is Coursing working on boss now?
some C3 hunter took down a boss pretty quick as hell

Only snatching works on flying bosses.

Coursing only vs normal mobs.