Tree of Savior Forum

[Shinobi] The Real Tank of ToS

No, I’m not saying full con dps will be viable in any of them because frankly, going full con isn’t even needed. But going full con Shinobi would be worse than going any other build that would go full con.

Ok so maybe it’s just me but it’s pretty hard to understand what you’re trying to say. But I’ll try my best. Correct me if I’m wrong.

I can “sort of tank” with 30 con with a shield. That’s not the point we’re discussing here. We’re talking about full con/dex Shinobi here. Building specifically for tanking and occasionally dpsing.

Having said that:

Dragoon, Doppelsoeldner, or Fencer fits way more than a Shinobi as a tank. Not only would their sustain dps would be better than a gimmicky burst, they wouldn’t be tied down to do one or the other.

I didn’t say Swordsman had a good sustained DPS. I think I specifically said that Shinobi has a comparable single target burst.

Sustained DPS from other classes would be better than “burst” from full con/dex Shinobi who put no points into STR.

yeah you still going on mate.

I never once said anything about FULL anything. in my other posts I mentions an even spread.

Currently after reading through other posts and suggestions of others I am going a con/ str build. My build will not require much dex. If you think minimum con and pelt one makes you a tank, or that there is any viable magic tank, even Rod2/3, then again you are misinformed/ underinformed. Dragoon with a hoplite kit will be able to go str con, I do not see non spears going this route.

Also if you are taking into account “Other Classes” then DPS on sword is totally moot and we should only be looking at tanking, which again spear n shield provides the most reliable burst/ sustained HATE points and of course block. There is more to the kit/ as well as other builds. The only argument for “Better” tanks come out of the rodelero builds and that is a focus on magic mitigation via slithering.

1 to 1 comparison of Sword class selections the jobs offering anything to tanking are pelt, rod, cor, shinobi, fencer. Goon offers no synergy to tanking, its a 2 hand and any spear/shield is dependent on previous circles. Dopple is 2hand sword, Fencer offers some kit but evasion build becomes obsolete as you progress.

End of day Con determines the viability, because Magic is the only real threat, of tanking More HP= Better tank that is game mechanics. Truth be told if a Cleric could sustain more HP than a sword then the cleric would be a better tank. This game forces what is known as Sponge tanking, High HP to absorb the damage and live.

Shinobi synergizes with Con, it is the only job where Con can be converted into damage and it has pierce, which is supported by hop and plays to spear/shield. Bunshin allows for burst when called for.

Get your head out of the clouds tanks do not pull epeen numbers they manage to live through mobs epeen numbers. You got a lot of reading to do on swordman, and if you read everything then re-read it all.
Running around taunting and losing hate “Kiting” crap is not tanking.

Slithering isn’t canceled when you’re taking on CC. Even when boss knock you back, the slithering still is ongoing and you actually are getting back up much faster than without. I’m not sure if it’s a bug or the reality of the skill but as of today it’s how it goes…

I did not say it was cancelled I said it was only a bit more than 33% uptime, since it has a CD. Meanign you can not use it 100% of the time.

1 Like

Started this thread will be working on updating it as more relevant information is learned.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/shinobi-knight-tanking-the-shinobi-way/249646/20?u=nazrious

Lol wasting the only decent sword dps class going full con, what a bunch of lunatics we got in here.

the idea sounds interesting. think i will play around with the skill simulator and build one around this idea. also, seems like you will only be using your clones when you are far away from enemies and then kunai on them. after that, back to your tanking business. XD

for PVP wise, it sounds like a fresh & new mixed class. a Ninja Tanker! sounds pretty awesome even without the clones. Keep blocking and throw kunai from time to time, turn into a log and appear in front of archers (mages too?) and smack them with your shield or whatever, and with full con…you can have a blast with MIJIN NO JUTSU and shout “FULL CON LOSERS!” lol…

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hey dude your build actually sounds pretty neat! Ive always wanted to play a class with clones cuz I want to pretend theyre my soldiers haha :slight_smile: Im lvl 212 right now currently Sw 2 barb 2 cors 2 into shinobi but ive been thinking of re rolling into a sw 3 pelt 1 cors 2 shinobi hows the high con and dex build going dude? :slight_smile:

yeah can we get an update on your character?

3 Likes

And hunters are the real aoe dps.

I also want to know how it went

1 Like

How is the build going on? this build is interesting, a tank that can burst from time to time. Its kind of a unique idea compared to other builds.

Please do update us when youre not busy :slight_smile:

1 Like

CON/DEX

Now its CAN tank something…

I know its looks stupid, but if its works, this inst stupid …

My friend is a rodo-nobi. If he ever had a problem with maintaining aggro, he blows himself up. Easy to heal when he has 40k hp. Expensive, but silver is easy to get.

Teach me, please?

(I can’t get past 7m and I don’t buy anything but HP/SP pots.)

If you have time to kill with a sorc/necro, that’s the simplest way to go. Alone well, that’s a story with a rodo-nobi. Sorc/necro helps pass time and make silver.