Tree of Savior Forum

Shadowmancer pvp builds

Hey, folks. I’m building a wizard aiming to be a shadowmancer. I see many builds like Wiz1/X/Linker2/Thauma3/SM2, but i don’t know if it is the most optimal spec for pvp. I’m considering taking some CC classes, but since I don’t have pvp experience, I don’t know if these CC classes are so needed, besides Cryo will get some nerfs which affects the efficiency of the build. Give me your opinions, please!

Wiz C1 / Cryo C1 / Kino C3 / Linker C2 / Shadow C2

Wiz C2 / Kino C3 / Linker C1 / Rune Caster C1 / War C1 / Shadow C1

hallucination is almost like surespell for skills with short cast times

i put 3 points on it so i can cast my poles of agony (skill +item versions) without being interrupted

snowrolling is also castable in the middle of being mobbed thanks to that

Got it. Considering the upcoming wizard changes, what do you think about Wiz2>Linker2>Thauma3>SM2 for pvp purposes?

From thauma you just need shrink body really (120%+ more damage but it feels that is a lot more), i think thauma2 is where is at since you have reversi.
wiz cryo1 kino3 thauma2 shadow2 is my favorite.

1 Like

Shadow2 is not that good for pvp after these changes. You are better off going Sage1 Shadow1 for missle hole.

Shadow1 has all the survival cooldowns, and shadowthorn for damage.

Shadow2 just adds an AoE that isn’t all that good in pvp, and a root, which most PVP wizards already have plenty.

@Di3rn
Got it. What do you think about switching thauma2 for linker2 and going wiz2>linker2>kino3>sm2 for pvp? Or do you think linker is not that good for pvp?

@Remiri
So what’s shadowmancer good for now?

Shadow1 is still really strong in PVP, it is just not broken to the point of being a joke. Prior to this any Shadow2 with decent gear would 1 shot you with an instant cast 4 overheat ranged move.

Now, with the damage reduction in TBL and it only being a single hit, it will take multiple casts to kill someone, or you will save it for a killing blow.