Tree of Savior Forum

Sexist TP Costs?

What about the personal taste of the artist? Maybe that hairstyle is liked more than the others or maybe it has something special.

There is obvious gender discrimination in marketing strategy by IMC and Nexon. It is totally unfair to pay extra for hairstyles just because of your gender. I refuse to take into consideration that people use “women pay more in real life” as a valid argument. First of all, this is a video game otherwise I demand a court case function in game i want to sue the TP shop (hairstylist).

@people who say that drawing female hair is harder than male hair/the male hairs in this game are ugly:

aha hahahaah

@the guy below me who says the female clothes are more elaborate than the males’:

hahahahaha hahahahahaha

Why are female clothes way more elaborated than male’s?

Sexist I say.

not?

1 Like

It’s all personal taste and preference… Because I can totally argue that Female Priest clothes is the ugliest costume in game. Instantly gain 60pounds of fat when wearing it. You can totally tell the thickness of female character’s arm instantly enlarges.

1 Like

You are prejudicing fat people just because you say that an outfit is ugly because it makes you look chubby.

(h3h3h3h3)

well, we need more hair styles for sure…

mohican allback and this and that

even no hair is fine, Balding is a style = =

BTW, the spring outfit is way toooooo ugly on a male swordy in my opinion

I don’t think you know how a business works… when the majority of customers use female characters its only smart business mentality to provide good looking hair styles and raise the price, I’m 100% sure they didn’t sit in a board room and twiddled their fingers and said things like " this will show those female players to stay away from male spaces!", please take your PC Feminazi mentality and negativity elsewhere we don’t need it here.

3 Likes

A lot of business practices are smart, like child labor, or sabotaging competitors, but that doesn’t make them exactly acceptable, no?

Most people in this thread myself included don’t think it’s because they hate women or anything, it’s just that they saw an opportunity to make more money. After all, men can play women and will have to pay the same price as women playing women. It’s still a very ugly, nonsense way to do it. The ooonly valid argument for this is that more female hairs are animated than male hairs. However, like someone stated above, noble ponytail is male and animated, same length, same level of detail (if not more because the modeling is tougher than just a flat plain), and yet costs more. it’s just weird.

Most of you are defending this because you have a knee-jerk oversensitive reaction to the word “sexism” and immediately go to rant about how much you hate political correctness and how feminism is destroying society or whatever. There’s not really a valid reason for consumers, male or female, to accept this weird price difference and just move on.

2 Likes

A friend of mine said it’s because male haircuts are ugly…
I was like “What?? It doesn’t make sense!!”

Where the heck did this discussion go…

Anyway,
I didn’t even notice this…I feel kind of cheated, lol.

They should just balance the prices. Like one is 119 the other 179? make it all 119 or 179 or something like 150

I don’t really like the differentiation in prices either. Males being 119 and females 178, that’s a pretty big cost gap. Business or not, making someone pay 50% more for essentially the same thing is pretty rude.
I wouldn’t mind as much if the price gap was alot smaller, but in the end its still unfair treatment…

Coupled with the fact that you cant team storage cash shop fashion items, you lose even more TP for having to reroll for your own various reasons, just because you play a female character.

That diference in price also made me think alot about it, in the end i got to this conclusion:

Not only for tos but mosty of other mmo, the numer of female characters is higher than males, and in a try to balance these number IMC tough of the simple solution: Price for male cosmetic cost less, so this incentive ppl to make male characters.

Fact is: Female acessories and design always are more “cool” or “cute” than males in mosty games, and because of it more and more ppl play with female characters. Lowering prices of males cometic may really result in a more balanced male/female numer in the game.

Now to people trying to put this into something like “Sexist” or “They want to get more money” is kinda stupid…

@edit Lower it price because nobody buy it don’t really work in a game…

First we are talking about data, imc won’t lose a “product” if it don’t sell simple because this product actually don’t existe…

And if that “discount” was to ppl using male character buy more, it would be best to just release more styles… ppl who don’t buy a cosmetic don’t buy it because it’s ugly or because he don’t care for cosmetic to begin with… it’s not really the price… after all the females ones ell just fine right? (by the logic).

1 Like

The male hair styles are likely cheaper because no one is buying them, and it’s an incentive to buy them. Helps that they look like ■■■■ and the female ones look nicer in general. I’d rather pay more for a hairstyle that doesn’t look like ■■■■.

You want to know what’s really unfair? The female archer cosmetic outfits look like ■■■■.

Why does everything have to be about sexism? If you don’t like the price, don’t buy it. What do you think is more effective, whining on the forum or refusing to pay for something because you don’t like the price? Surprise, the latter is just as ineffective because tons of players are paying the extra for the nicer female hairstyles and you’re the only one who finds this to be a grave injustice.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more with archer costumes, and of course, with the fact people who play male characters don’t care much about their look. Fun thing, because OP probably think the male costumes are the original price, and if IMC was going to balance them, female costumes wouldn’t have any price change.

Ok let me just set you straight and on your way.

The majority of people that will be playing this game will roll female characters. Male characters being played by males do not accessorize their character’s hair feature not nearly enough to even warrant them putting the hair at a high price. Female characters will have their hair and other things changed a lot more and people will spend the money to put on nice hair and clothes for their female character. This is not because of “Sexism” but beacuse of supply and demand.

If you knew a single ounce of economics you would of saw this but instead you want to scream “Everything and everyone should be equal”. Nothing is equal, nothing is the same, everything is different. There are no perfect circles and no across the board equality. The best possible thing that you can give is an equal opportunity. But nope you dont and wont see it that way because you just have to scream about how everything is sexist and be a feminazi. You arent giving advice, you are throwing in feminist garbage. “TOS HATES FEMALE PLAYERS” even though that they have a good amount of women on staff and NOT TO MENTION that the female clothing and hair get FAR more attention to it than the males. If anything its the males who are underrepresented. So why the ■■■■ not charge extra for the stuff that OBVIOUSLY has more work in it? Why wouldnt you want to charge a decent price for decent work?

Because if its not equal, its sexist. Even though it clearly isnt equal on the flip side. What about the male characters? Why not say “why arent you giving males more quality options of hair?”

Well I could go into an in depth post about how society has females value hair more than males which created billion dollar industries such as hair care products and accessories, magazines, salons ect ect ect but im sure this is enough.

TLDR; Female stuff has far more work put into it than the males, so they charge more for it. Its simplistic economics. It pisses me off when people use the word “sexist” in the most incorrect and ignorant ways possible.

My advice…know what you are talking about before using it.

3 Likes

You can always play a male char, you ever seen Log Horizon =D

1 Like

imc isnt the only company that does that.
it’s not a sexist thing
it is a demand and cost thingy.
if u wanna save tp,
go play a male char.
that is also a way of trying to make ppl consider their choices
beauty over cost.
sadly to say this but…deal with it.

1 Like

Bullsht… you obviously havent played SecondLife.

1 Like