Tree of Savior Forum

Sexist TP Costs?

I agree if that’s the case 100%.
A pretty greedy tactic if that is their intentions.

2 Likes

They could argue that female haircuts in real life have also higher costs, because there’s more to do. I don’t think it’s justified to charge more for the data in a game, since you only have to design and implement the haircut once.

but then by that logic shouldn’t the shorter female hair be cheaper, since short haircuts usually cost less? and shouldn’t the longer male hair cost more?

Of course. In real life you have to pay a long-hair fee and the short hair styles are cheaper

Then they should do it like that for the Female/Male hair styles if that’s their intention.

The short female hairstyle is just as expensive as the longer ones.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

You have to admit that women, IRL, spend a lot more for their hairstyles than men, maybe IMC is trying to reflect the way it works in the real world in an attempt to not discriminate, but instead sensitize the players on not taking the choice of character gender lightly, namely if a male player wants to use a female charcter because they look cute, they also have to try on their skin what it means to…

Alright I can’t keep this up :grin:

On a more serious note, I have noticed a lot more female characters while running around, seems IMC sales guy did his homework and this is just a way to skim few extra bucks from the shop.

3 Likes

Simply put, the male hairs are ugly. The male characters are ugly. The male everything is ugly. All is as it should be, why would you be an ugly male when you can be a perfect qt instead?
I like to think of it as paying a premium for being more cute.
You wouldn’t rather pay a discount for garbage than extra for something that you actually like, would you?

Cause crossdressers are 80% of the players. So you earn more~

Its called business. Lets say you have two items, Item A and Item B. Both Item A and Item B cost $10. After a month 5,000 people buy item A, but only 100 people buy Item B. Common sense would tell you “lower the price of item B so more people will buy it” Because 200 sales at $7 is better than 100 sales at $10. There is no reason to discount Item A, because people are already happily buying it for the full $10.

You can’t even argue sexism, because your in game gender is not linked to your real gender. A large amount of the “women” in the game are actually men, and vice versa.

2 Likes

Don’t be silly. You certainly can argue sexism regardless of the obvious business points, one gender should not be penalised with higher costs for wanting to play a character of their own gender.

This is a really simple issue and it shouldn’t be difficult for people to grasp. It’s still discrimination even when it is unintentional.

I can’t freaking believe i’m seeing that crap here… Stop, just stop.

3 Likes

i want a fair system too.

No more pantyshots for females!
Give men some panthyshots too! … eww no sorry, scratch that.

But heck. Society isnt fair… why should a game be it.
And it’s not a discrimination if you’re not set on it.

If you go to the hairdresser.
“I WONT PAY FOR THAT!”
Isn’t an argument.

Men cut= 10 euro
Woman cut= 13 euro

Why? Cause it takes statisticaly longer for women cuts …
Mine is so easy, they should give me 3 dollars for my hair.
While my sisters makes them actually lose money… duo to hourly wage of the hairdresser.

xD

1 Like

Long cuts cost more IRL.
Short cuts cost less IRL.

I don’t know any salons that specifically price based on gender of the customer, in fact here in the UK that would be illegal.

I can’t believe people are debating the realism of TP costs, this is a game, they take the same effort for the devs to make. Pricing them differently is done for one reason only - greed.

Just price them both the same and the issue is over.

1 Like

they could at least make different prices between each hair instead of between gender.

1st female hair 179
2nd female hair 159
3rd female hair 139
4th female hair 119

1st male hair 179
2nd male hair 159
3rd male hair 139
4th male hair 119

I don’t believe that comparison to real life is valid argument:

1 Like

Well irl in U.S., the salons charge women more. At least when I lived in NJ, Florida, and Maryland… I think the price is different because the one who designed the female hairstyle took way more effort making the female ones than the male ones… We can even see some of this in League of Legends.

1 Like

F.uck that, as a woman I think panty shots are absolutely adorable. I want custom panties in the shop so I can customize my panty shots. Imagine if I had a cute kitty head when I was running. ^-^

4 Likes

None of the male premium hairstyles are very memorable at all compared to the female ones.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with panty shots as long as equal opportunities yaoi and male butt shots are inclusive. Bunguo Stray Dogs being a good example of this occurring during this season’s releases.

Bit off topic really as we don’t get this kind of fan service in the game anyway though.

Why should a pay more cause im a guy rolling a grill? Wtf? This is discrimination against grill and crossdresser. LETS RIOT GRILLS, NOT EVEN JOKING. Edit: And btw some male character have pantsu shots, check the panty shot thread in the forum :slight_smile: