Tree of Savior Forum

Settings for the camera

Hello everyone,
Whenever I enter the game, I can see over the horizon, but to change map the camera seems to rise in relation to the character, making the game picture is strange.

Example:

This image is when you enter the game(Latitude=38)

This image is after changing map(Latitude=45)

I’m not sure, but I believe this happens because of the configuration file “client.xml” where the Latitude upon entering the game seems to be “38” and change it map becomes “45”. I do not know why this happens.

My suggestion is that the FoV is increased to “60” and the Latitude is decreased to 30. And zoom be increased so that you can not see the horizon and that the character does not get so far.

But why change the camera?
Simple, currently the camera setup does not match the angle of the sprites of the characters, monsters, etc. The characters seem to figures 2d glued on the floor of the 3d scene. I know that the game’s plot is just that, sprites 2d glued on the stage 3d, but in the current game setup, it does not seem natural. Look at the following example:

(Picture selection character latitude=45)

(Picture selection character latitude=38)

(Picture selection character latitude=30)

(Picture selection character latitude=30 with FoV 60 with the zoom max)

The image with latitude 30 does not seem more natural?

In summary, I am proposing changes to the camera settings to make the game look more natural. It’s something simple, but the game does not change the camera in the game maps. Only at the character selection screen. So I would like the IMC Games to take a look at this point.

Ps. Currently only the FoV “45” works correctly. Below this value the sprites seem to fly, and above this value the sprites seem to sink into the ground.

Well, that’s it.
Please let me know what you think of this suggestion, so that the IMC Games know what we want and what we do not want.

Maybe this is confusing, forgive me for my bad english.

1 Like

Hello Savior. Thanks for letting us know. I’ve compiled this suggestion to our list and will be sending this off to the devs so that they can look into it.