Tree of Savior Forum

Select target with mouse without autoatack

Hi there!

I’ve just started playing this beautiful game. I was really excited waiting the game that positioning itself as a heir of Ragnarok Online. Oldskool, hardcore, with 100% chance to create a gimp build ) So, it’s great that you, guys, doing such a great attempt to resurrect a great game of the past. Nevertheless…

For now I’ve spent a couple of hours playing Archer, and have some bad impressions about mouse controls in part of selecting targets.

I want to start my battle with skill attack. And not at the nearest/random target. I want to attack a very specific target. But, if I just left click it, my character starts shooting it with normal attack. And I have to wait that first attack to finish before I can use some skills. That’s annoying. Other option is to select target with right click. But if there is any other character around that target, right clicking calls popup menu. So that’s not an option too.

So, I suggest to make auto attack by left click optional. So player can just select target with mouse and attack it with skills. Player still will be able to use normal attack by pressing ‘Z’ or whatever his settings are. But he will be able to decide how to start his attack. That’s a very important option for me personally.

The other option might be an old-style Ragnarok solution: first select which skill to use, then select the target for that skill. That was, actually, the great combat system, very unique experience. Maybe it’s possible to implement this “workflow” as an option? Actually, I dont like at all those Lineage or WoW style combats with target selecting and stuff. As for me, RO combats was far more dynamic and exciting.

TL/DR:

• Make auto attack with left click optional (left click just selects target)
  • Make additional option to use skill in RO style: first select skill, then select target for it (just for one shot, so target will not be selected)
1 Like