Tree of Savior Forum

Secret of Kateen Forest - continued

We can never be sure if these contents were abandoned or not.

Whichever is the case, people who state that this content was abandoned usually say it while having done little or no serious investigating.
When someone says “it’s an old unfinished quest”, what I actually hear is “I haven’t looked into it and I don’t really care much.”

Like I said, I can’t be sure if there is anything left to this mystery or not but my bet is that this is still something that hasn’t been figured out yet.

1. IMC has indeed abandoned content before but very often it’s got removed if that was the case.
    I’d be less confident if they were completely ignoring old maps but it’s a fact that they have been doing some changes to those all along (mostly for the reason of streamlining maxing out for new players).
    If Kateen Forest and other mysteries were just outdated stuff I don’t see why wouldn’t they remove it by now. Of course, it’s totally possible that they had reasons to ignore it but I’m just saying that this fact shifts the probability in favor of undiscovered secrets.
  2. The chances of figuring out remaining mysteries have significantly decreased over the years.
    That makes it believable that secrets are still remaining secret and no progress is being made.
  3. I’ve aleady figured out or progressed a few “unfinished quests”. Found things that people haven’t over all the years. Why should I believe someone say that that’s the end of it, without even trying and without any solid argument or proof.

Don’t get me wrong please. I don’t mean to sound rude or anything. I just have the opposite opinion and I am explaining my reasoning to justify it.

We can definitely agree that investigating mysteries is a time investment that possibly leads nowhere, which is very intimidating.
Although it might also lead to something completely new that no one in ToS has seen yet.
No one can say for sure.

Btw, all the time I am casually still experimenting with secrets once a while. Simply because I enjoy doing that. (And because chasing end-game is a chore for me.)
There’s also a channel dedicated to secrets on ToS addon development Discord server.

@sixshooterrs
I haven’t been messing around Kateen as Dievdirby. I don’t expect these secrets to be limited to specific classes… but I might be wrong there. Feel free to mess around if you feel that this might be the way! Good luck!

3 Likes

I think that more people like you need to show their interest in this type of content in order for the IMC to pay more attention to this aspect of the game since in my view she knows how to do something interesting when she wants to

2 Likes

Yea. I just commented on that situation in this post.
I hope that IMC gets to it at some point. I believe there is potential in adding secrets to the game.
Players just need to show it and IMC needs to notice it.

Players: “I-It’s not like we like secret content in ToS! B-Baka!” Thinks: "Notice us IMC-senpai"

1 Like

nice to see this topic still living on, i made the second thread on the topic years and years ago. shame imc didnt give any love to this game