Tree of Savior Forum

Secret of Kateen Forest - continued

figured out what that NPC was in Frienel, it was just the kupole from the main quest :tired:

1 Like

Here to help alleviate some of your sadness, despair and misery in solving the lore.

berbewb

Its coming in the next Goddess cube.

3 Likes

awyissss~ after all these years :hey: :sad: :haha:

1 Like

well it available now, but the mystery still unsolved

1 Like

(maybe it will get solved if the player wears the flower pin while doing the secret questline Owo;;;; )

2 Likes

Here’s my current thoughts on the puzzle

We got 4 main NPCs

The troubadour seems to spawn after 2-3 hours in Kateen, he’s got multiple areas he’s in around the map, but his main spawn seems to be near the pond at the top. He seems to be where you start the riddle as his conversation points to the other 3 NPCs.

riddl2

"Ask an owl of the forest and he will answer. Oh, birch tree, only the owls are there for you. Oh…only the owls"

This sounds like he’s referring to the Foreseeing Owl in Saknis Plains who is hiding in the group of birch trees at the top of the map.

"Oh, the youth. Oh the beautiful…To introduce my poor self, I am a mere dandelion seed wandering as the wind takes me."

This seems to refer to the Wandering Merchant in Poslinkis Forest (we do not know his spawn conditions or time, only screenshots of him and his dialogue in the txt files)

"My song flows as the wind blows, as your soul glitters brightly…Do you have an interest in the songs of this poor bard?"

This seems to refer to the Troubadour himself

"But poor old me. Though I wish to tell you, your lonesome friend must soon leave. Farewell"

This seems to refer to the Emotional/Sensitive Owl who takes 4 hours to spawn in Saknis Plains and disappears after 5 minutes and only has 1 dialogue.

indie4

The Forseeing Owl has hidden dialogue after you talk to it like 30-40 times which talks about the other owls and the story of Karolis. This could possibly be a trigger in this riddle. The sensitive owl does nothing except disappear after 5 minutes. So far no one’s been able to find the Wandering Merchant yet besides some players on Ktos so we don’t know how to spawn him. My current theory though is that you get an item from him that you give to the sad owl as part of the riddle.

1 Like

RIP Kateen Forest mystery hairpin.

They put it in Gacha. ■■■■■■■ tells so much about their priorities

There was never a mystery. It was an unimplemented, datamined item that was never added to the game. Players only knew about it through datamining and there was never a quest to give the item. The item was now added to the Goddess Cube after all this time due to player demand for the item in KR.

Players created their own mystery.

would be cool if they actually implemented the quest to get the item, but no you gotta gatcha for it, it ll be a way to reward players that actually enjoy finding the secrets of the game…
It s not like ppl is goint to stop buying cubes just cuz that item isnt there, i mean ppl want to pay to get red panties for some reason

I can’t believe this is how it ends.

1 Like

Flower decoration definitely would’ve been a fitting reward at the end of this (and I’m also very disappointed that they put it in gacha, as well as hand it out in Japan earlier) but it’s not the main reason I’ve been investigating.
I just want to figure this out.
I’m still occasionally looking into Kateen as well as all the other remaining secrets.
Got nothing new so far though.

One thing that got my attention was questline in Jonael Commemorative Orb related to missing Ausrine.
At the end of it, Kupole NPC mentioned something about Ausrine hiding behind 5 barriers.

1 Like

it felt so good to reveal mystery or hidden mechanic.it is.
but here we are jebaited by a mechanic that abandoned long ago by its dev.
im so sure that the dev that working on all the cool stuff mechanic like this one,finding treasure box,digging/scan treasure,magnum opus, and the other like fallen legwyn one left the team already.

but yeah, you have a freedom to keep on believing and good luck with that.

and simply by imc selling the hc already as gatcha, its the end of this blind journey and its like a bully to ppl who trying to solve it.another good decision by imc.

1 Like

I’m also considering that this might’ve been abandoned. I just see no good proof to be sure of that though, so I try to experiment whenever I come up with something.

Btw, if anyone from Fedimian is ever interested in investigating suspicious stuff, be sure to contact me!
My team name is Eillis.

1 Like

been passing through for years about this topic its intriguing me now so much
explores hidden stuffs, and experiments I didn’t read all but have you guys tried experimenting this
map with dieverbes? since owl statues are carved and like has soul?.. isn’t dieverbes expert in those carvings? how about trying to use skill on them while using dieverbes? hope there’s really secret behind this. Its so sad if its about the abandoned content in this map hope its not :confused:

dunno if this one has been tackled I’m exploring

2 Likes

you can have your own beliefs
but mine said this secret is abandoned.or halfbaked
this is another project that discontinued like magnum opus, treasure chest, digging/scanning hidden items, map gimmicks, seal of space, card battle, etc
the guy/team with this brilliant idea might leave already, fired or still stick around and do “what is needed” instead of making adventurous project like this
instead of finishing it they rather sell the hair accesories
nice move imc…

let’s be honest here the vast majority of players do not care or do not complete nor 10% of the blue quests (some do not even do the main quest) the majority do not care or do not want to worry, what discourages the imc from creating content in this sense, you can see that practically all videos about TOS are about farm builds , about some raid boss or about some new weapows and it is VERY difficult (almost impossible) for you to find any videos about lore or questing ,however despite this on the roadmap they commented on creating more quests and redesigning some u.u maps

1 Like

We can never be sure if these contents were abandoned or not.

Whichever is the case, people who state that this content was abandoned usually say it while having done little or no serious investigating.
When someone says “it’s an old unfinished quest”, what I actually hear is “I haven’t looked into it and I don’t really care much.”

Like I said, I can’t be sure if there is anything left to this mystery or not but my bet is that this is still something that hasn’t been figured out yet.

1. IMC has indeed abandoned content before but very often it’s got removed if that was the case.
    I’d be less confident if they were completely ignoring old maps but it’s a fact that they have been doing some changes to those all along (mostly for the reason of streamlining maxing out for new players).
    If Kateen Forest and other mysteries were just outdated stuff I don’t see why wouldn’t they remove it by now. Of course, it’s totally possible that they had reasons to ignore it but I’m just saying that this fact shifts the probability in favor of undiscovered secrets.
  2. The chances of figuring out remaining mysteries have significantly decreased over the years.
    That makes it believable that secrets are still remaining secret and no progress is being made.
  3. I’ve aleady figured out or progressed a few “unfinished quests”. Found things that people haven’t over all the years. Why should I believe someone say that that’s the end of it, without even trying and without any solid argument or proof.

Don’t get me wrong please. I don’t mean to sound rude or anything. I just have the opposite opinion and I am explaining my reasoning to justify it.

We can definitely agree that investigating mysteries is a time investment that possibly leads nowhere, which is very intimidating.
Although it might also lead to something completely new that no one in ToS has seen yet.
No one can say for sure.

Btw, all the time I am casually still experimenting with secrets once a while. Simply because I enjoy doing that. (And because chasing end-game is a chore for me.)
There’s also a channel dedicated to secrets on ToS addon development Discord server.

@sixshooterrs
I haven’t been messing around Kateen as Dievdirby. I don’t expect these secrets to be limited to specific classes… but I might be wrong there. Feel free to mess around if you feel that this might be the way! Good luck!

3 Likes

I think that more people like you need to show their interest in this type of content in order for the IMC to pay more attention to this aspect of the game since in my view she knows how to do something interesting when she wants to

2 Likes

Yea. I just commented on that situation in this post.
I hope that IMC gets to it at some point. I believe there is potential in adding secrets to the game.
Players just need to show it and IMC needs to notice it.

Players: “I-It’s not like we like secret content in ToS! B-Baka!” Thinks: "Notice us IMC-senpai"

1 Like

nice to see this topic still living on, i made the second thread on the topic years and years ago. shame imc didnt give any love to this game