Tree of Savior Forum

Second Time I've Witnessed A Bot|Macro

I received the first wave of US CB invites and have been playing a few days now. Something I found was an archer class botting like this individual on my second or third day, I didn’t think to record it. I caught it again after I woke up and played this morning, and think that it should garner the attention of the community.

9 Likes

Amazing how people still find ways to exploit the game even before it’s out

Let’s hope its just a lag-out problem, but we should still be aware of the possiblity.

I know, it made me feel bad because I wanted to sink a lot of time into the game on release, but seeing this really changes my mind.

Thank you for posting this!
This is really important to keep an eye on! I hope IMC has plans for them.

there is a crapload of ways to cheat. i’ve seen people use legos to press a button over and over. Gaming keyboards record your activity or recording your activity with your mouse in a specific location and set it to repeat (infinitely) there’s… too many ways. It’s really inefficient this way so i wouldn’t worry at all atleast over this type of cheat.

1 Like

Of course there are, but that doesn’t mean it has to be overlooked. Cheating is cheating.

In other games I have played, they had time limits on holding down a key to prevent you from placing something on your keyboard. The time was around a minute, which would stop bots while not preventing normal play whatsoever.

1 Like

Hopefully there will be a system in place to prevent this, as it is one of the easiest ways a good game can die.

The more harder to level-up, the more people will try to exploit it.

There was a girl named Tweed Sama who was botting near the statues goddess in Veja for 6 hours straight? It was a good place for archers who have kneeling shot.

Ahaha, bot indeed, hope inc fix this

i dont think there are complex script bots yet, you just make a physical contraption to press attack button and the system itself will aim for you.

Yeah, she was macroing alright. But she didn’t respond to us for 6 hours straight we had her in previous party, and she was still in it, soloing the left side of Veja area. She only responded like 30min asking where our leader went when it was obviously in team chat, so pretty suspicious. XD

Yeah, the devs should just let the players go from Lv. 1 to 600 in the very first minutes. :smile:

Cheating only shows how some people lack character. It has nothing to do with difficulty to level up. If people don’t want to “work” hard to level up, why even play a RPG?

Give me that bot’s account. I want to play!

this isnt a bot. the user is simplying pressing Z the whole time. Learn the difference. Its how the game is intended. or well rather an effect of how the game is played.

not a BOT and NOT A CHEAT.

yeah u can do it on any class, just press z…

The Problem is that the Archer class can so grind infinitly in a area, in that he one shot’s everything.

1.Play archer
2.Put something on your Z Key and push Ctrl
3.Attack spawning mobs
4.???
5.Profit.

I saw some too, they just sit in a fixed spawn area and press Z.
I think they should add a mecanism if you don’t move in 10 minutes or something, you stop gaining exp.

This is not a bot, it is a person using something heavy to hold down his key or taped down his controller button and is afk…