Tree of Savior Forum

Searching for a viable DPS Squire 3 Build

I am trying to build a swordie that can combine Squire 3 for utility and just adequate DPS to contribute to doing dailies like Saalus, Dungeon and maybe CM.

My first build was: Sw3 > Cata1 > Sq3 > Lancer 2 (i am currently Rank 9). The original purpose of this build was to have a fast traveling character who can hastily go to maps and set up camp. The problem was, besides Lancer skills, there’s really not much dps on it.

My current build is: Sw1 > Pel2 > Rod1 > Sq3 > Nak > Murm1 (not sure if i should go Murm2 or Ret1)
It’s pretty underwhelming to be honest. I still have a rank reset voucher so i am seeking opinions. I had wanted NM to add to my journal points, but if its really not viable, i would drop it. As much as possible i also don’t want doppel, fencer, shinobi and dragoon, since i have those already (i don’t like repeating classes on my lodge). I am thinking of either go full Murm or full Ret, though if i go Ret, i do not know what should i choose on the early ranks.

Hope you guys can help me.

Now Now… that unusual. Deadly combo dont have a great damage, so i would not rely on it for damage, Nak is a good option sinse it has its own combo complete.
I would go for DPS(its NOT a tank) with Sword 3 for buffing on general and double slash, Barbarian or peltasta for a little buff of damage or defense(in this case barbarian), Squire 3 so you can fulfill your wishes or fetish, Nak Muay (for damage) and the last 2 you can go with reitiarius (you will be using sword and dagger so dont level up trident finish level up dagger finisher instead), or you can go with barbarian 3 for more attack speed buffs, maybe doppel 2 for deeds of valor.
For attributes go 40str 90con and the rest on DEX.

I think it will be kinda messy because squire is a npc class but you will prob be able to do something with the right amount of investment.

1 Like

Since you can now borrow transcended gear…

Doppel3 - if you have a Doppel3 main

Dragoon3 - if you have a 1h/2h spear user main

Ret3 - if you have a 1h spear user main

This way you can still make good use of your Squire besides camp/shop slave. I have a Ret3 main and my Squire is Dragoon3. I can bring it on Velco with guild parties using my main’s gear as a tank-DPS.

1 Like

Honestly you can probably just go Squire c2 D: 3 doesnt add very much at all, and you’ll still have both camps as well as an additional circle of actual useful stuff. Squire buff is useless if you don’t die and deadly combo doesn’t do much damage. :< level 1 repair is enough for field maintenance.

2 Likes

But them he will not give quality work when he is not online (level 15 equip buffs/Repair).

1 Like

a good build based on your prerequisites would be pelt3 with either murm3 or murm-reit2.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies!

For now i am leaning on @ZeroFoxGiven’s suggestion since i have a Dragoon 3, but the pel3 murm3/murm-reit2 sounds interesting as well.