Tree of Savior Forum

SEA Players VS LA/SA Players - IMC Treatment

So don’t open a Level Up server here. Its a consensus that we all hate LUG, specially considering what has become of previous games such as RO. Its a lot better to use the international forum to give feedback directly to you, to receive game updates at the same time as the rest of the World, and to be able to play with other Latin countries without restriction to Brazil. Really, ask anyone here if we would prefer Steam LA Server vs LUG and 100/100 would say Steam.

You could also open it in any other country besides Brazil. There’s Chile, Argentina, Peru, etc.

I understand your point of view, but it makes no sense to not be able to transfer accounts, from the player perspective. The bigger guilds are already playing, and as soon as F2P starts a huge chunk of the entire brazilian playerbase will start playing iTOS.

It would make sense if LUGs server were to open simultaneously, or even close to the international version, but seeing how they are yet to announce anything, and the “need” (which could be left for the community, as was before) for a portuguese translation means its gonna take awhile. Without server transfers no player who invested a big amount of time will transfer, and that applies to every big guild and players who support the game and bought founder’s pack like myself and many others. I already have 200 hours, which I don’t intend to waste if there will be no transfer feature. I also have 10 other friends playing with me, so without a transfer we won’t be leaving anytime soon, and every player we invite, we will invite to play iTOS with us, and not LUGs.

Its not really a South American server. Its a Brazilian server, since LUG does not support other countries outside of Brazil. Steam offers billing options to us just fine, the same as every other country, and the same applies to support. I don’t see any French/German written post by staff, so I see no need for a portuguese one either. So Europe doesn’t needs a babysitter translating every possible language to english but somehow we do?

But it must certainly will be. For one, its late. And its always gonna be late, cause it will need to translate new texts to portuguese before patching, so its always gonna be behind iTOS.

The reason why theres not gonna be a Latin Server, is because you don’t want it to compete with LUGs, because quite frankly NO ONE would play LUGs versions if there were Steam SA Server, and you probably have some arrangement with them that forbids competition.

1/3 of your population isn’t satisfied with your response.

6 Likes

@STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Ines @Staff_Julie

the is right in everything he says, should consider more options and be more open minded about this. + 1

one more thing

Brazil is South America ??? comeeee on guys.

i really hope IMC reconsider this. Brasil isn’t LatinAmerica… is a country in southamerica and they are the only country portuguese speaker, THE REST OF THE SOUTH AMERICA AND CENTRAL AMERICA COUNTRIES(FIGURE HOW MANY COUNTRIES ARE) SPEAK ONLY SPANISH!!!.. and lvlup server??? How many people know that server in LatinAmerica? Nothing!! Only brasilians. Is a very very bad decition to do the ToS LA in that server… More specific, i dont think is a LA server at all, i think is a Brasilian server :S. With all my respects to the brasilian communty but i dont think is this the right call.

And now iToS got VAC, something that brToS will never have, and since it’s the only anti hack so far… let’s say that this doesn’t really look like:[quote=“STAFF_Ines, post:441, topic:162360”]
our Level Up server will not be in a disadvantageous position in comparison with other servers
[/quote]

So… correct if i’m wrong

Steam: 

pros: VAC
        payment methods including Steam wallet
        up to date server
        Steam overlay*
        Steam community
        Steam controller support*
        worldwide community

cons: 100~200ms ping
        english client**

LUG:

pros: 5~50ms ping
       portuguese client and dub***
       payment methods***
       portuguese support****

cons: no Anti cheat
       smaller community
       no Steam wallet :(

*games with launchers usually can’t be added as a non-steam game shortcut
**not really a problem imo
***like japanese audio and korean language, I think anyone could just change their language to portuguese
****still waiting for an answer from a support ticket sent to LUG, fifteen years ago

oh, I think I already mentioned it, but i don’t see a problem doing it again

no
steam
wallet

Also, steam already offer a really great deal for brazilians, without steam wallet support I don’t really see any LUG payment options being better than Steam

@STAFF_Ines

edit: removed regional prices, what a choice we got now huh…

2 Likes

And the rest of latin america suffer with this position…

Brasil isnt Latin america, portuguese =/= spanish.

I hope LUG server fails hard so you can see the error u made. CYA

So many good answers but I’m just gonna focus in a few…

1- LvL UP said there will be no Latin Server, just Brazillian.

2- If it was gonna restrict character transfers why it was not implemented a region block, or was warned that there would be no transfer whatsoever to any kind of SA server.

• Refunds please?:smiling_imp:

Now, we hope you can understand why we have faith that our Level Up server will not be in a disadvantageous position in comparison with other servers, and why this is discouraging us from opening another server in South America.

The beauty of lvl up:

-LVLUP GM’s are corrupt.

-LVLUP does not enforce bot free servers

-LVLUP ping is random even for BR.

-LVLUP servers often crash and stay down for a long time.

-LVLUP translating team take ages to translate things

But oh well, whatever…

1 Like

We made an announcement regarding this issue. Please see the link below

8 Likes

THE SA SERVER IS HERE!!
They announcing right now! Time to be happy (with out LUG, i think is from steam directly)

1. We’re going to open a South American server. We’ll open it after the team transfers to EU and SEA servers have finished, and then start taking transfer requests from Klaipeda and Orsha to the new SA server. We are cancelling previous announcement that there will be no new SA Steam server.

I wouldn’t be able to describe how happy I am. Thank you :slight_smile:

OH MY GOD! Can… Can I kiss you right now? Im so happy with those news, you have no idea!

its nice and all, still it dont say any of my concern as Latin American Player (im from Mexico)

Whats up with the server? the main issue with this its: IMC thinks Latin America = Brasil. that Spanish = Portuguese which its not.

So SA server its hosted in Brasil, Payment its in Brasil Too? game in portuguese too?

IMC need to be clear on this because Latin America isnt just Brasil! we need to know what about us the Spanish talking countries in Latin America

EDIT: just to be clear, Dont think IMC Spanish / portuguese players would have troubles in same server? considering that IMC thinks Latin America is Brasil, that for us means the game: will be on portuguese, hosted in brasil instead some region that its in some region that could favor all the countries (i dont knkow i think someone suggested to be hosted in argetina) IMC dont believes this would be a trouble? let just ignore the server location, and lets focus more in the “language”

IF IMC treat Latin America as brasil only, then they dont think we going to have troubles in the game now that its full portuguese and spanish players cant understand that?

In Short: we need a clarification that IMC understand that LA/SA ISNT only portuguese or Brasil.

A STEAM LA server. LEVEL UP NO much prefer to stop play this game than play with LUG envolved.

I’m not a staff member but I’m pretty sure this is another Steam server, like the EU one. The same client, English language, steam login and payment methods.

I don’t think ANY south american server would give you better ping than the NA one however, unless it was located in Ecuador or anywhere around. But AWS has no servers there, and we need a more centralized server.

I agree they should treat this as a real SA server and not BR only, but I’m pretty sure they will do it!

Do you realize there’s no announce of translation whatsoever or even moving the server for south america yet? Edit: The servers will probably be hosted on east coast for some time before finding a new one in south america, thats my guess /Edit.

Also, for mexicans, as they’ve said the server you’ll be and SA server, and it still can probably be hosted in Brazil after some time for its player base. This transfer does not sound very good for those latin countries in north america, a. k. a. Mexico. What’s understandable since the geographic size from the whole latin america is too big to fit in only one server, mainly considering its poor infra structure in general.

Please reconsider use Brazil as LA, with all the money we have invested between all the “Early Access” other reaching for something better …

Quien me lo explica en español?, con manzanas y peras n.nU

still got charge from steam even been said it ’ free to play ’