Tree of Savior Forum

Scout>Rogue>Assassin>?

So I am a 100% fresh player, I decided to stick to my bread and butter from other games and went scout, at 15 I figured out to advance and looking over the options rogue fit my play-style. Then I saw assassin would work well with Rogue…

Now I have a bout a week in the game and am at 40 class level on my assassin and started to question my decisions, but I am determined to finish this build no matter what. However now I am not sure what to pick. I was looking at Corsair and Linker or possibly going all in with Shinobi. But I can’t really decide which one is best for rounding out this character from a 1 trick pony. Don’t get me wrong, I’m loving this build so far, but wasn’t sure which was the best route to flesh it out to it’s fullest potential at this point.

Any help/feedback would be most appreciated.

I recommend Corsair, it’s a great addition to the build, more damage skills, and mostly importantly Brutality to increase the damage of all your classes.

1 Like

I would suggest either picking outlaw for evade tanking and aggroing or ardito for skill cycling and survivability.

picking linker is a bit overkill, while corsair doesn’t really add any noticeable damage unless you’re in a party. also shinobi is more of a niche choice atm.

:upside_down_face: these are all based on personal experience and should be considered as such.

Lol, corsair is the best class for this build atm. Just party damage? Have you even played corsair since the last sfr changes? You dont even take the flag in this build anymore.
Corsair offers tons of damage on top of a broken buff.

is this message targeted towards me? if so then firstly “the best class for this build atm” can you elaborate on this. second “just party damage?” I never said that, I just implied that corsair damage is more noticeable in team play. I personally use corsair in my gun build for farming CM.

my only problem in using corsair in this build (rogue>assassin>?) is that this build already offers a lot of damage even without corsair, and corsair only offers the 1 buff at best and its 3 damage skills that fall short on damage. Unlike other classes that can either give more damage skills for cycling (ardito, outlaw), better buffs (thauma, enchanter, linker), or crowd control/aggro (outlaw).

:upside_down_face: again these are all based on personal experience and should be considered as such.

Please play the game. Those 3 skills out dps easily ardito or outlaw. Those two are restting in peace til imc decide to buff them.

1)“Please play the game” I already do. 2)“Those 3 skills out dps easily ardito or outlaw” I would like to see some numbers for comparison. and I doubt those 3 skills out dps ardito’s 5 damage skills. and ardito also adds to survivability having a heal, knockdown, and DOT AOE.

CORSAIR > ARDITO

Corsair is a must for any dps scout it’s hard to pass on +48% dmg

Ardito heal is garbage lol… do you even play Ardito or even Corsair?

2 Likes

well if your dead set on being a glass cannon dagger scout I guess. personally I like corsair for gun scout builds only.

Ardito doesn’t offer survivability because the heal skill is so bad that not even 1 skill point is worth it.You are better of using pots to heal honestly.

Ardito is good but right now! Corsair is the best choice for any DPS in the scout tree.Although Ardito has 5 dps skills it still cannot beat +48% buff increase to all your DPS plus Corsair offers amazing DPS.

yes ardito heal is subpar, but that does not remove from its survivability, having 2 semi ranged AOE skills and 2 knockdown skills does.

And my stand in all this is not for more damage but utility, Im not arguing that corsair is not the best DPS choice but that it lacks utility unlike other choices.

1 Like

To be fair I did originally think of Ardito because of the skills and heal it has just to help some with sustainability but I saw the heal was useless and felt it best to remove it from the list of potential options. Since I have good damage potential from Rogue/Assassin I thought maybe linker for the pull in, Shinobi for a bit more damage (skills)or Corsair for damage buff.

I was leaning to linker because it would just add a bit of ease to random farming/leveling. But I can definitely see the crazy damage Corsair would give with the buff.

Thank you all for the info and insight into this. It is very appreciated.

1 Like

my original build was rog-ass-ard but changed to rog-ass-cor. ardito has some dps skills but hit box is difficult, corsair has an easier hitbox either in front or 360. getting rogue arts is also recommended like a 1hit annihilation with debuff.

1 Like

Since you want it to be a “jack-of-all-trades”, go Corsair.

I personally started Assassin, then Rogue, and went Rangda, but changed Rangda to Shinobi afterwards. Happy with my choice.