Tree of Savior Forum

Schwarze Reiter?

TLTR? Summarized question below.

Ok so I am not really understanding much the ranking system. So as my understanding, as you level up, you enter a certain rank circle and can choose between several classes… Regarding of what class you are atm so far?

Either way… I was thinking about Schwarze Reiter class. But then what class should I be in the beginning? I keep reading about this class not being such a good choice cause you’ll be an archer first, but then once you transfer to Schwarze Reiter you will not be able to use any of the archer skills. What about Falconer? Will I be able to use the Hawk?

I guess my summarized question is… Is Schwarze Reiter a good class to choose? If so what class should I be to start with and what should my class tree look like? Remember I do not understand the ranking class system so much.

Thanks!

~Leon

2 Likes

If you want to be Schwarze you have to start as an archer. play around with these to get an idea how it works class simulator

class builder

To know which skills you will be abble to use go on Tosbase and check the class page, it will say which “positions” are required to use skills > Everyskills which don’t need any position can be used by any weapons, and the skills which have one gun position (depending on what second hand weapon you take) : PistolAndShield, PistolAndArtefact, PistolAndDagger > you have to choose first what you will take.

You can’t go falconer and schcwarz reiter before Rank 6th, so having the two of them wouldn’t be that usefull in itself since you may lose higher classes which would be funnier or better for your playstyle with Schwarz.

For Rank 3-4-5 you could take Sapper for example. It doesn’t have any required stance so it could be good with a schwarz reiter. For Rank 2 either Ranger Circle 1 to get a buff that lower your atk speed for better Atk damages, either quarrel shooter circle 1 to get two skills : Scatter Caltrops and Stone Picking. Sadly Stone Picking will be useless since the Stone shoot can’t be used with Pistol :confused:

Rank 3-4-5 you can take hunter too no required stance for any skills, and their skills are “companions” skills, so it could be usefull on a schwarz reiter (if you can use them while being mounted > but i don’t think since normally when you mount a companion it can’t attack anymore and when you unmount it it can attack again)

Rank 4-5 you could take Wugushi, no stance required again.
And Rank 5 you could take rogue : only one skill of circle 1 ask for a bow. In circle 2 if you want to take it later (exemple if you don’t like a rank) you also have a pistol+dagger skill

Eddit : You need to take this into account too : https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/3m7kf7/mounting_and_skill_compatibility/

The link will explain you which skills can be used on mount with Schwarz reiter so you can do what classes could be usefull to get or not. ^^

1 Like

Damn… That changes everything, pretty much cant do anything unless you are mounted? That’s odd, kinda sucks too though. On top of that there’s a high number of skills that you wouldn’t be able to use, maybe this class isn’t so great in the end. Sounds like it has a lot of complications that doesn’t really make sense to have, sounds frustrating. Is the class really strong or something? I feel like it is very limited.

Most are wanting to PVE or PVP?

Well for now the class only has one circle but i’ve seen some videos and it wasn’t bad. Don’t forget that there will be higher tier classes, but i think with mounts maybe when the hackapell will be out it will be better so that your “start is usefull”. Thing about the Schwarz : you have a skill that can be used every 2sec something like that. That’s why you doesn’t really need the low level classes skills with it. It’s pretty sad if you can’t use any buff,
For Rank 2 take eitehr Quarrel Shooter or Ranger for scatter caltrops or Steady Aim.
Since hunter/sappers skills can’t be used while on the mount, either you take hunter skills so you can have your pet attack when you unmount, either you continue your rank 2class for second and maybe 3rd circle to have Scatter Caltrops or Steady Aim to level 15. (I would take the Quarrel Shooter if it was me i think)
I’ll finally take Wugushi for Rank 4 + 5th or only for Rank 5th since you can use every 1st circle skills of this class with your schwarz.

So if it was me i would go :
1/ Archer/Quarrel/Quarrel/Wugushi/Wugushi/Schwarz Reiter.

But you can choose:
2/ Archer/Quarrel/Quarrel/Quarrel/Wugushi/Schwarz Reiter

3/ Archer/Ranger/Ranger/Wugushi/Wugushi/Schwarz Reiter

4/ Archer/Ranger/Ranger/Ranger/Wugushi/Schwarz Reiter

You can even mix Ranger and Quarrel but like i said you have only one skill that can be used with them.

So i think eitehr 1/ or 3/ are the best choices since you can have two ranks of wugushi and pick 3-5skills depending on how many point you throw in them. ^^

By the way you can have a playstyle of mounting/unmounting + switching weapons to use skills of other classes, it would ask you some time to be efficient (learning your keys so you unmount/mount fast enough) The switching weapons isn’t that hard since you have 2 weapons slot which you can switch off like having Bow/Dagger in one slot and Pistol/Dagger in the second.

It’s you to see what you can do with your class if you want to play it that badly, there are always ways to make it good ^^

I lean more into PVE for the most part. Not really focused much on PVP until late game. I like more raiding and bossing… etc.

Hmm well that doesn’t sound too bad. But the game is just starting yea, I am still going to give it a go though. Sounds like that one class everyone hates to play but later on with updates gets a lot better haha. I’ll keep your advice in mind. Have you been playing in beta?

Nah i didn’t played in beta 'cause no key for the first one, hopping second CBT will give me luck ^^
But i looked a lot into videos, theorycrafting etc. ^^ (cause i like theorycraft on every game i go so i always make my own build with my own calculations and with the skills i like better too)

Anyway every rank as the same dps in term of damages/time (because of Cooldowns). The only thing is going with a class with 10differents ranks would make you use more mana than the others. But don’t worry Schwarz Reiter is as good as any classes. ^^
And you can be sure they would up it in the future if it’s not ^^

I think Schwazer R is not a class for good PVE , but still works well enough .
I would go :
Archer C1-2 : Swift Step can use with piston . And Kneeling shot is a good skill for leveling in the early game. U wont have to spend to much SP , just kneel and shoot, no need to cast .
Then Sapper C1-2-3 : All the trap-skill can be used with Piston. And Sapper is a good AOE class . Boom Trap is a good skill to kill mobs .
Last is Schwazrer R .
When reaching Rank 6 , if u want to pvp , get on the companion use Schwazrer R skills to kite people with Swift step supporting . If u want to PVE , Get off the companion , spam all Sapper skills and get on again to use Schwazer R skills.
Check out this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZRNqnUnswQ . Steparu is Sapper Rank 2 but he can do tons of damage by Boom Trap. I think he went the wrong way when he had taken Ranger as rank 2. Most of Ranger skills are unable to use . So I recommend rank 2 ,take Archer R2 . :smiley:
So this is my build :
Archer C2 -> Sapper c3 -> Schwazer Reiter, use piston + shield , use Sapper skills to grind ,use Swift step and Schwazer Reiter skills to kite people :slight_smile:

The most ideal from my point of view is: Archer / Quarrel / Quarrel / Quarrel / Wugushi / Wugushi / Schwarz Reiter

With 6th ranks (for now) you can’t have 3quarrel + 2wugushi :stuck_out_tongue: it’s either 2* of each or 3quarrel + 1wugushi ^^

Then quarrel handle c2 instead of c3

I’ve been watching some videos and they don’t seem to always have to be mounted to attack. But I’ve also been watching the Falconer class, they are both pretty interesting. Still liking Reiter more for some reason haha. I’ll keep the builds in mind and come back to this thread if I get chosen for a key. Hopefully I’d be able to experiment with the classes.

Well some videos may be before or after the patch where you cannot use Schwarz skills unmounted anymore. You can auto attack with Schwarz Reiter and with skills that aren’t from the Schwarz tree but you shouldn’t be abble to use the Schwarz Skills while unmounted (it’s the same for cataphract)

With today’s updates Schwarz Reiter is more viable because the gun is now secondary weapon and can be equipped crossbow as main

2 Likes

You don’t saaaay… Where did you see this update?

You know, on the top right corner? Where your avatar is? There’s like this magnifier icon. Use it man, use it.

Only asked for a location buddy, but thanks anyways.

I’m not your buddy, pal.