Tree of Savior Forum

Scaling is a mess

I think this game should not be so laborious leveling because many people do not have time as the old Ragnarok , proof of this is the growth of Moba style arena today. :frowning:

1 Like

When whe were young everyone had time to Play Ro1 and we had school…Adults is not going to be only people whoa re going to play this game… If u dont have time then dont play this game… Simple as that…

I’m sorry this is just outright wrong information.

Grinding is required in KCBT to maintain a proper level for the content, just like it is here in ICBT.

Also I’ve leveled something like 6 characters past the mines in KCBT. Never once have I entered the mines past level 15. If you were level 20 you either are mistaken about whether or not an xp event was in effect when you created your character or you did some substantial grinding outside of the crystal mines.

@linkdseyds

I’ve entered mines on 5 characters. Did you do the 15 repeats outside of mine? They get you to around 20. This not an exp boost effect, however it also might have been after the exp card fix.

I can record myself doing this right now in kCBT, if you’d like as they are back on 1x.

Grinding is needed yes. But your pushed out into a level 37 field at around 24 in iCBT AFTER doing all main/blue quests. This is not how it’s been done in kCBT and even the previous kCBT.

Are you playing iCBT? All kCBT players have already noticed this massive difference.

Heck a GM has verified already that the exp rate was lowered. Tremendously at that.

1 Like

you are “right ,” but we have to see how are the players today , which in my opinion are more impatient

Are you playing iCBT?

Yes, I have a level 20 character in iCBT and I haven’t even entered level 3 of the mines yet. That’s ahead of the curve of my kcbt characters.

All kCBT players have already noticed this massive difference.

Maybe there’s a difference maybe not. So far i haven’t noticed it. So you can remove that “all” adjective.

your pushed out into a level 37 field at around 24 in iCBT AFTER doing all main/blue quests

That was my experience with my first character in KCBT as well. That was when i realized, oh wait, I’m going to have to do some grinding!

You must have missed content in kCBT.

I mean the iCBT GM’s even confirmed that the rates were lowered, when I asked them:

So saying that it’s the same, is outright wrong, sorry. Right now it’s massively lowered.

Sorry, the screenshot you posted said rates were changed, not lowered.

It’s a simple thing to test though. I’ll do it when I get home and post the results.

@linkdseyds I asked if it was lowered, and he confirmed it.

It obviously didn’t go up if that’s the argument your trying to make.

One sec, I’m getting on kCBT and I’ll record the video on a stream, and post back here.

Perfect. I’d greatly prefer hard data to speculation.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Yeah it should be 1x, I’ll do a comparison video for testing purposes.

Sadly kCBT is in maint.

For the record, I got to 20 in iCBT after the following:

1. Tutorial
  2. Main quest up till you need to leave miners village (that means all of crystal mine)
  3. All repeats in Sililuai miners village
  4. Some blue quests from miners village to throneweaver quest

I’ll test doing these same things in kCBT.

@cosx774 yes that’s how it is in kCBT, you get rank 3ish, and have an established character before the grind kicks in.

1 Like

Ah, I have never done all of these repeats. I guess that is a mistake, and I’ll correct it on future characters.

Maint is up still but I went through my past broadcasts, got around 20 without even entering mines:

http://www.twitch.tv/fatepgn/v/9276207?t=2h05m41s

This is x1 rates with exp card fix. In fact, I don’t think I finished doing all the repeats that time.

Did the exact same thing in iCBT. Level 14, and you progressively fall more and more behind in iCBT.

I think “scaling” is the wrong word here. It’s “progression”. The leveling and content progression curve is very odd.

I’ve been grouped with my wife the entire time so luckily haven’t had any issues with the over-leveled monsters as of yet. But it’s still a bit abnormal how far ahead they can get due to a lagging XP progression.

I think the expectation is that you will grind in an area for a bit before moving forward. However this is problematic when: A) There are 300 other people in every channel in that same zone and B) The similarly level’d monsters are so easy so as to become tedious to grind. This isn’t Tera where grinding similar level BAMs was very very fun and engaging, the grinding is quite dull.

It’s an issue, but I think it’s not an unsolvable one. The experience curve needs to be leveled out for sure.

1 Like

I agree with fate.
It is the first day tho. Let them apply the patches.

Korean EXP rate was pretty fair. Everywhere I went, my level was ±3 levels next to the monster in the new area.

I leveled up to Level 7, guess I’ll go slower at leveling right now cause I won’t stress on that Exp Rate.

1 Like

I kinda agree with you here. People just won’t have the time anymore for the hardcore grind as RO. I mean I enjoyed my grind days xD but now I’m an adult with responsibilities. I actually ended up at work late today because I went beyond my usual sleep time lol. Don’t want this to be a habit xD.

2 Likes

Even with exp cards on KCBT; you have to grind before progressing between dungeon (mines) levels. Just relying on exp cards is never enough. Grind is mandatory in this game.

2 Likes

I understand and agree. Changing the exp rates of kr cbt (higher exp gain) and icbt (lower exp gain) was a smart move though from imcgames to see the effects of progress in both betas. The answer is finding a value between those two very different exp curves to find a nice balance.

I feel @LaScoot hit the nail on the spot in terms of scaling atm. Find that middle ground sweet spot IMC! ^ ^

1 Like

Actually kcbt was x1 a few days back. It is recently buffed to x3 exp because koreans find it too hardcore to grind on x1. yes…you heard it right. Koreans finds it too hardcore. xD

3 Likes