Tree of Savior Forum

Say goodbye to activity on forums, and hello game time

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I’ll try and keep up with the forums, just in case someone releases some good guides/tips/ect.

Cya, my beloveds ‘‘saviors’’… :sob:

If they announce patch notes on the forums before/while servers are down for maintenance i’m gonna be here every week to check it out, if they don’t, you guys won’t see me around much. If the servers crash or something like that i might stop by to check wth is going on.

My free time, except on weekends, is kinda limited so i want to use it well by playing the game.

THANKS DUDE! :smiley: Much appreciated!

My feel when I’m waiting on this last day to pass.

I’m honestly going to be less* active when the servers are open.
My friends are going to think I died—especially my Steam friends. They are going to think I died leaving ToS open 24/7. :disappointed_relieved:

(I wish it could be 24/7 but alas, I have to work.)

1 Like

Forums will be much better after the release… Or not.

Don’t worry… the forums will be in good hands~ <3

Yep. I will be gone most of the time and play the game.

But for Patchnotes or Server maint or Server crash I will be back.
And to report bugs/glitches when I find some.

So, see you IG!!!
I will miss you guys&girls!

1 Like

23 hours to play… and i want to know if need redownload the game… x.x

I’ll see you guys shortly after the servers open, cause they’re definitely going to crash.

2 Likes

Mark of an mmo vet right here.

I have a super strong feeling that may be a possibility. :frowning2: Either that or many people will have a hard time logging in and getting to play right away. I’m going to be clicking “Log In” so fast right before it opens.

We should construct a poll Prinny about what people would be willing to pay for a sub, and present it to the staff.

If they got a better idea of what customers are more than likely to pay, maybe they’ll make adjustments? What do you think?

eh… maybe…

Don’t you think imc would have already done so if they were interested?

Besides, if this isn’t already proof that the costs for tokens and the like are already too high, I don’t know what is…

We’ll never know if we don’t try eh? ;D

I just want patch notes right now, nyaa~

And you ever played a game called Lost Saga? o.o

While I agree that it’s worth trying… what I’d really like to see is imc take the initiative with this kind of stuff.

I would probably be more interested in creating a poll/petition to ask imc to give staff like @STAFF_Julie, @STAFF_John more latitude in terms of their roles. They work their asses off to answer our questions, keep things running smoothly, and are all around awesome!

I suspect however that imc (the company) is probably committing some of the community management mistakes described in this really fascinating piece.

It wouldn’t surprise me since I’ve been through enough mmos and mmo forums to get a feel for these things…

EDIT: For those too lazy to click through

Common Mistakes

The following errors have been made in the past by publishers or developers – and they had lots of regrets afterwards. As we must all learn from our own mistakes, it’s also very important to learn from others’ mistakes. Bear in mind: this list isn’t exhaustive.

• Sending community managers into the lion’s den without proper information and/or backing from management

By underestimating the importance of community management, it can be easy to set someone to work without information or backing at the very beginning. It can lead to critical mistakes that can be avoided.

• Not providing enough support to the CM’s team/not managing the community team

The management of a community, especially a big community, is very hard on the nerves, and there have been some very famous community managers’ nervous breakdowns. You can read about them if you do a little research.

The community managers have to form a team, with a team leader managing and providing the support his colleagues need, so they can rely on each other when they have problems, before losing their cool and insulting a whole community on the official boards.

• Underpay/under-consider the community team

Community management is an important part of communication in the gaming industry, but as it is still relatively new and formative, it is very often under-considered.

Always keep in mind that the community manager is the first interlocutor with the players, and that he bears the image of your company. So don’t expect him to do a quality job without the proper respect from his management – and the proper salary.

• Underestimate the importance of coordination between marketing, public relations and community management

Marketing, PR and community management are the three most common ways to communicate with the public. To maximize the effectiveness of this communication and avoid contradictions, good coordination is necessary.

Having the PR manager saying one thing to the media, and the community manager saying something else to the community, is always a bad and confusing thing.

1 Like

If this will be anything like any MMO release I’ve been in, the forums will be busier than ever due to people unable to play for the first hours and complaining about it.

1 Like

Grando espada was pretty successful, it won a couple of awards, not to mention ToS has won awards in KR before. I just hope that they can recoup their investors money and start to stabilize for a long life for ToS.