Tree of Savior Forum

Sacrament kills poisoned players

If a character has Sacrament (probably also works with any other sources of elemental damage increase) and then becomes poisoned and kills the source of the poison, the character becomes the source of the poison and deals increased damage to themselves.

Test this by buying sacrament from a pardoner, taking a low level character to Tenet Church B2, let an Infro Holder Archer poison you, then kill the Infro Holder Archer. The poison will now do bonus damage to you based on your bonus elemental damage. In 9 out of 10 cases the damage is enough to kill the character.

1 Like

Is this a new bug? :neutral_face:

I have a question: considering your process, then do you see the damage changing from before and after, you killed the “poison source” right?
According to your explanation I would say yes, but I wanna be extra sure because such thing never happend to me and I get poisoned quite often since I always forget to activate my dispellers (or bring any antidotes) while I farm around, so it may be a bug not related to the Poison Status itself but a specific group of monsters!

If the answer is no, then it’s just the normal poison doing his work, Poison Status scales off MAX HP, so even a low level mob can kill a full geared 330 character if the poison lasts enough… :frowning:
If anyone remembers the Orange Grummers in Pystis, before the Combat Update in May, you surely know what I’m talking about…

My character is level 32. Yes, I see the damage changing before and after. It also happens with bleeding effects. I’m also being told that this bug has been around since the start of the game.

The damage went from 12 per tick to 835 per tick. My character has 2627 max health. My stat page shows 803 bonus holy property damage and 25 bonus dark property damage. If you do some quick math you’ll see whats happening.

You probably have never noticed it happening because your character is a high level and has a large amount of health.

Hmmm, that may be true, I really have never noticed something like this happening!
I can speculate as to why this happens tho: probably once the source of the Poison dies, the game considers the active poison still ticking as your own source of damage, thus applying the Sacrament buff, still if that was the case, I believe it should apply every other Elemental Property too (and possibly Blessing too) did you happen to notice if that happened?
If you tested already and it did not, then i guess they screwed up something with Sacrament only… “only”. :frowning:

It should be easy to test this by doing the first quest in Starving Demon’s Way, where picking up plants can inflict bleed on you. The bleeding effect should deal increased damage based on your elemental damage and possibly blessing.

1 Like

I just tested it, and I think I can confirm that the bug(?) actually exists.
I tried it using those Orange Grummers in Pystis forest.

Once poisoned, I started to receive 820-ish poison damage every tick.

After killing the specific mob who poisoned me, the damage started to spike up to 1400-ish ( Take note I have my Sacrament on for this. +Holy Damage was at 800-ish )

Then, I removed said buff and tried to poison myself again, killing the mob and this happened. Damage ticks began to decrease to 830

To be honest, I was aware of the weird damage spikes back then since the white damage appearing from my toon was a bit sketchy, but I didn’t know what the source was until now. Also, I’m not entirely sure if it works on other properties as well since I only had Holy Prop on this character.

5 Likes

Heres another thing, notice that in the first image the damage you take is colored red, because it was dealt to you by an enemy. Once the enemy is dead, the damage becomes white. Because you are dealing it. Thats about all the proof we need. Fix please IMC.

Sooo that’s why I died to melatinun and all poison mobs so many time when I try to leveling my new character…lost ■■■■-ton of gem because the damage caught me off guard and it last so long(Well I should probably buy antidote. but still…)

Reporting another source of damage that interacts in the same way:

Elite monsters can sometimes use a spell that freezes you multiple times (probably a ground tile), if the elite monster is dead the freezing damage will start being dealt by your character and deal extra damage.

Omg, you’re the true savior !!! Now I understand why sometimes I get hurt by a white poison. Can’t wait for next Sacrament up in the big patch :tired:.